Crookston over TRF!?!?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mailman

Post by Mailman »

northfan wrote: Trf has always been satisfied with how things turn out playing home grown kids.
<snip>

How's that been workin' out for ya ?
northfan

Post by northfan »

A lot better than this year. Maybe after 20 years experience it will be great.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

northfan wrote:A lot better than this year. Maybe after 20 years experience it will be great.
One trip to state in fifty years for a town of that size tells otherwise.
hockeyfan_15

Post by hockeyfan_15 »

Hey NorthFan, why are you upset that Thief had 2 of thier top players move into town. Is it 1) Ur a parent of a kid that doesn't play now 2) A player that isn't playing 3) not from TRF... Because if you know anything about thiefs history you would know that alec holen was a move in from elk river, also corey melbo, tommy ahlec. Thief has had move ins in the passed, this isn't that new. Also would you rather have it like it was in the 90's when the players were moving out of town, players such as the martells, howe, wyatt smith.
northfan

Post by northfan »

Thats a great point about kids moving in rather than out. I just like to see the same rules for the star player as the 4th liner. I understand its tough because there is pressure for the team to do well but I think in the long run its better for the team and the individual if all is treated the same. Coaches need to be loyal to the kids if they expect the kids to be loyal.