Crookston over TRF!?!?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pucklvr

Crookston over TRF!?!?

Post by Pucklvr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Ok, want to know! If you were there, WHAT HAPPENED??

I am still wondering if it was posted wrong.....EVERYWHERE??

Teak

Re: Crookston over TRF!?!?

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Pucklvr wrote:Ok, want to know! If you were there, WHAT HAPPENED??

Huh??

Okay, I wasn't there, but I think I know what happened.

Crookston scored a goal. Thief River Falls didn't. End of game.

:lol:

Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks for that!! :roll: Did TRF not play well at all? Did Crookston play the game of their lifetime? Were their some really bad penalities that TRF had to deal with?

Crookston was brutal, have they turned it around?

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Pucklvr wrote:Thanks for that!! :roll: Did TRF not play well at all? Did Crookston play the game of their lifetime? Were their some really bad penalities that TRF had to deal with?

Crookston was brutal, have they turned it around?
Sorry. I wish I could have been there, but wasn't.

:oops:

schwang17

Post by schwang17 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Shanty and his fleet must have dosed TRF's water bottles with some potent stuff.

That said, Terf doesn't exactly light up the scoreboard. An off game or 2 by Gothberg and TRF is in trouble.

salol44

Post by salol44 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Teak wrote:

Huh??

Very helpful, thanks for taking the time to reply

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 pm

salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:

Huh??

And your contribution to the discussion is.........? BTW, you can borrow one of my periods, how about this one --> .

salol44

Post by salol44 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Teak wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:

Huh??

And your contribution to the discussion is.........? BTW, you can borrow one of my periods, how about this one --> .
Believe it or not, people do read these threads to to find out what is going on in MN HS hockey. Not everyone is able to see all the games first hand so they ask questions.....obviously you don't understand that. Most people on this site are very helpful and answer the questions...unlike you. You were a donkey when you answered the posters question by trying to be funny... which you weren't. BTW, yes, I would like to borrow one of your periods, my wife doesn't have enough of them so I would like to give her another one for valentines day.

Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Ok, ok, ok Thank you Salol44 for coming to the rescue! I do appreciate it!!

But, NONE of this still helps me understand what might have happened during this game!!

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 pm

salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:

Huh??

Believe it or not, people do read these threads to to find out what is going on in MN HS hockey. Not everyone is able to see all the games first hand so they ask questions.....obviously you don't understand that. Most people on this site are very helpful and answer the questions...unlike you. You were a donkey when you answered the posters question by trying to be funny... which you weren't. BTW, yes, I would like to borrow one of your periods, my wife doesn't have enough of them so I would like to give her another one for valentines day.
Perhaps you need to grow up and stop the Third-grade name-calling. The OP did not seem to be upset about my comments, but you were.

The OP came across funny as if the Crookston win was a mis-reporting. Hopefully your wife doesn't read these posts.

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Pucklvr wrote: But, NONE of this still helps me understand what might have happened during this game!!
Since this game was played in Thief River Falls, would their local newspaper carry the report??

Or, check out this page in the coming week:

http://www.trfhockey.com/

mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Remember, not long ago Crookston held Hermantown pretty well in the Holiday Tournament too.
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!

schwang17

Post by schwang17 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Teak wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:

Huh??

Perhaps you need to grow up and stop the Third-grade name-calling. The OP did not seem to be upset about my comments, but you were.

The OP came across funny as if the Crookston win was a mis-reporting. Hopefully your wife doesn't read these posts.
Looks like Salol needs a few hits off HHF's whiskey bottle.

Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Teak wrote:

Huh??

Believe it or not, people do read these threads to to find out what is going on in MN HS hockey. Not everyone is able to see all the games first hand so they ask questions.....obviously you don't understand that. Most people on this site are very helpful and answer the questions...unlike you. You were a donkey when you answered the posters question by trying to be funny... which you weren't. BTW, yes, I would like to borrow one of your periods, my wife doesn't have enough of them so I would like to give her another one for valentines day.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Teak

Post by Teak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 pm

GFD, thanks for the five-second Ai-Yo from Ed.

Pucklvr, check out the report on that game from the Crookston paper. The Thief River Falls paper doesn't have a report yet.

http://www.crookstontimes.com/features/ ... owlers-1-0

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm confused what the big deal is....an "average team" beat a "just above average" team...... :idea:
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

Pucklvr

Post by Pucklvr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

The big deal is that I have seen Crookston play and it was not pretty and I have seen TRF play and it was pretty.

I just wanted to know how Crookston pulled it off. TRF may just be an above average team but, it is still interesting to hear what people have to say that were AT the game.

I thought the same thing about EGF being Warroad, but someone else had already started it!

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 am

Here's the scoop.

TRF has problems scoring goals due to lack of talent. Perhaps TRF isn't that good. Perhaps Warroad isn't that good. Perhaps section 8 is way down this year. Perhaps. Is Crookston a bad team? No, but they're a below average Crookston team in my opinion.

TRF controlled the play pretty much throughout. Biermaier was on top of his game. TRF couldn't score on the PP, what a surprise. A late, lazy TRF penalty leads to the game winner with 30 seconds left. The end.

Don't look too much into it. Crookston is not a contender but more of a spoiler. And as for TRF, we all know about their scoring problems, so this is nothing new. They're defense first, which gives them a chance to beat Warroad again. TRF and Warroad have both proven to be vulnerable this season but recent history has me at ease.

northfan

Post by northfan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Tim reeks politics. Trf has always been satisfied with how things turn out playing home grown kids. He thinks he needs imports to build a team.
There is a reason the best program in the state runs someone out of town.
Now he shows up in TRF and is the GOLDEN BOY. To bad Tim and his wife are the only ones in town that feel this way.

Mailman

Post by Mailman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm

northfan wrote:Tim reeks politics. Trf has always been satisfied with how things turn out playing home grown kids. He thinks he needs imports to build a team.
Now he shows up in TRF and is the GOLDEN BOY. To bad Tim and his wife are the only ones in town that feel this way.
Details please ?

hockeyfan_15

Post by hockeyfan_15 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Tim reeks politics. Trf has always been satisfied with how things turn out playing home grown kids. He thinks he needs imports to build a team.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying TRF has always been content with taking second place in section 8a, or not even making the section finals? For imports Ranum was originally from Thief. Who are you referring to by Golden BOY?

Shot and Goal

Post by Shot and Goal » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Ranum lived in tr until bantam age and just moved back from alaska but i believe the crosson kid moved in from roseau

watchdog

Post by watchdog » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:55 pm

this is an intresting post. tim reeks of politics? ive only watched trf play twice but what are the politics? the alaska kid and roseau kid are two of the better players. so if a home town coach was playing the political card wouldnt he play the home town kids? ill just go with this roseau didnt drive the boy out of town his dad took him out of town for whatever reason and if you took both those kids off the roster and slide in two fourth liners their would be no chance trf making the state tourney. So it boils down to one question really is it more important to win or play the kids who came up through the program? its a tuff one plus what do you tell these kids that do move in that are clearly good enough to play? after all you cant deny anyone the chance to play or ask them to play below their ability level. to me the coach seems stuck to treat the kid just like anyone else and play them as he sees fit on the team.

northfan

Post by northfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 pm

What would you call it when 2 kids get into trouble for exactly the same thing before a game, one gets tossed out of the arena and the other stays and plays the whole game. Hockey is just a game. Every kid moves on somewhere in life and that is what the mentality should be not just about 2 or 3 kids. I think 13 years and $1000's later a kid deserves more than a knife in the back. Good kids come to TRF with family roots. If a kid shows up just for hockey it's because no other coach would ignore all the trouble that constanly follows the kid.

Goal

Post by Goal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

[quote="Shot and Goal"]Ranum lived in tr until bantam age and just moved back from alaska but i believe the crosson kid moved in from roseau[/quote]
Crosson is originally from Roseau and played his youth hockey there, but I believe he played with a AAA team last year in Marquette and moved to TRF this year.