Eden Prairie vs. Jefferson 2/11

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Eden Prairie
54%
Jefferson
46%

Total votes: 26

starmvp

Eden Prairie vs. Jefferson 2/11

Post by starmvp »

Big game Thursday at BIG.
deanertronterry

Post by deanertronterry »

Blue 4
Red 2

Pauluk 1 goal 3 assists
Rau 2 goals
Lakeviewing

Re: Eden Prairie vs. Jefferson 2/11

Post by Lakeviewing »

EP wins at home, Jefferson wins at BIG. Split here
starmvp wrote:Big game Thursday at BIG.
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

Jefferson's on a roll. EP is not. 4-2 Jags.
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

I like the Jags at home(well maybe not this year). Jags 3-2 in a thriller.
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

I'm going to predict a lovely 5-3 (EN) victory by the Jags. It will be 1-1 after the first period, 3-3 after the second period, and of course 5-3 after the third in favor of the blue.
blueblood

jags vs ep

Post by blueblood »

This is a bigger game for Jefferson than EP. A Jefferson win gives them the #1 seed in 2AA.

Even if EP wins, they will not be the #1 seed in 6AA. That will go to Tonka or Wayzata. EP will still have to play one of those two in the semi's for 6AA.

If I were Lee, I would try some new line combinations. It would give the other 6AA teams more to think about if they face EP...
Play Like a Champion Today
schwang17

Re: jags vs ep

Post by schwang17 »

blueblood wrote:This is a bigger game for Jefferson than EP. A Jefferson win gives them the #1 seed in 2AA.

Even if EP wins, they will not be the #1 seed in 6AA. That will go to Tonka or Wayzata. EP will still have to play one of those two in the semi's for 6AA.

If I were Lee, I would try some new line combinations. It would give the other 6AA teams more to think about if they face EP...
The only thing 6AA teams(or anybody for that matter)have to think about is where Rau is on the ice. I agree it may be more important for Jefferson, but they had the #1 last year and lost.
Lakeviewing

If an EP repeat

Post by Lakeviewing »

Botton line, if EP wants to repeat, they need to split up their 1st line of Rogge, Ericson and Rau. For EP to get back to state they need a first line of Rogge, Ericson and D. Rath to play against any 1st line Lake Conference line ups , then role Kyle Rau, M Rath and any one to keep up with the speed of the game being either Mcartin or Gerdes. This team sorry misses a Blake Thompson "D" in the USHL, Jason Clark "F" at Shattuck, Duda "F" at Benidle, Meyer "G" at Benilde, Mooney and maybe a Bullock, Miller or Faust, playing at private schools. Last years team had a very good 1st line that scored goals, but didn't up goals against other 1st line teams. The second line scored a lot of goals and the third line matched up didn't give up any goals.

Just my thought.

blueblood wrote:This is a bigger game for Jefferson than EP. A Jefferson win gives them the #1 seed in 2AA.

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

I would even say have Rau center the two Raths on line 1 and bring the seniors down to two with McCartan or Gerdes. Lets face it, you want Rau out there as much as possible, but I think that second line would do just fine and be much more benificial to the team than the one in place right now is.
EP two out of three.
shakey

Post by shakey »

EP WILL win this game 3-1. :wink:
mn man

Post by mn man »

4-3 EP in OT. Wow

Jags were up 3-1 at the end of the 2nd and looked very good. Credit EP with a great comeback. Molenaar with the hat trick and winner in OT.
StillAnEagle

Re: If an EP repeat

Post by StillAnEagle »

Lakeviewing wrote:Botton line, if EP wants to repeat, they need to split up their 1st line of Rogge, Ericson and Rau. For EP to get back to state they need a first line of Rogge, Ericson and D. Rath to play against any 1st line Lake Conference line ups , then role Kyle Rau, M Rath and any one to keep up with the speed of the game being either Mcartin or Gerdes. This team sorry misses a Blake Thompson "D" in the USHL, Jason Clark "F" at Shattuck, Duda "F" at Benidle, Meyer "G" at Benilde, Mooney and maybe a Bullock, Miller or Faust, playing at private schools. Last years team had a very good 1st line that scored goals, but didn't up goals against other 1st line teams. The second line scored a lot of goals and the third line matched up didn't give up any goals.

Just my thought.

They already changed up the lines after they lost to Eagan.
Citizens for one class hockey
MN hockey08

Post by MN hockey08 »

Rau was INVISIBLE in this game
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

MN hockey08 wrote:Rau was INVISIBLE in this game
He had a goal and an assist. Is that not visible anymore?
EP two out of three.
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
His goal was weak and unintended(pass from behind the net that bounced off a defender's skate) and he didn't stick out much in the game like he did the first time these teams met.
MN hockey08

Post by MN hockey08 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
His "goal" was an own goal by faust, which is too bad because Faust played a great game. Dont get me wrong i think Rau is a great player, but i was extremely disappointed. There were times when i couldnt even tell who he was.