CDH does anyone think they have a chance

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win section 3AA?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 pm

CDH
22%
Woodbury
22%
Eagan
33%
Apple Valley
22%

Total votes: 27

smw1111

CDH does anyone think they have a chance

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Mark Alt look very impressive and so did the rest of the Cretin team in pummeling Eastview. The only thing keeping Eastview in the game was that the Cretin goalie was very suspect. The rest of the team was great. I think this team is just hitting their stride now. Most of the players on this team have only played in about half of their games, including their monster defensemen headed by Mark Alt, I believe they are very strong and gonna be trouble for team from now till the X.

WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 pm

I agree that they are hot at the right time. If they beat Woodbury the way they beat them in there previous meeting. You would have to really like their chances of going to state. I think this class is a bit underrated, because these final 4 teams are all pretty solid.

slapstkhound

Re: CDH does anyone think they have a chance

Post by slapstkhound » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm

smw1111 wrote:Mark Alt look very impressive and so did the rest of the Cretin team in pummeling Eastview. The only thing keeping Eastview in the game was that the Cretin goalie was very suspect. The rest of the team was great. I think this team is just hitting their stride now. Most of the players on this team have only played in about half of their games, including their monster defensemen headed by Mark Alt, I believe they are very strong and gonna be trouble for team from now till the X.
Pummeling???The score was 9-4 but tied 4-4 going into the 3rd which doesn't really say too much for Cretin's goalie against a 5-20 team. As far as Mark Alt, monster defenseman???, with 15 points??? He's slightly above average at very best and has been blessed with some really great PR, IMHO. I think the Cretin/Woodbury rematch will be more than you think.. We'll see but in the end the Achille's heel of Cretin will be their goaltending and how they work around it.

WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 pm

slapstkhound wrote:
smw1111 wrote:Mark Alt look very impressive and so did the rest of the Cretin team in pummeling Eastview. The only thing keeping Eastview in the game was that the Cretin goalie was very suspect. The rest of the team was great. I think this team is just hitting their stride now. Most of the players on this team have only played in about half of their games, including their monster defensemen headed by Mark Alt, I believe they are very strong and gonna be trouble for team from now till the X.
Pummeling???The score was 9-4 but tied 4-4 going into the 3rd which doesn't really say too much for Cretin's goalie against a 5-20 team. As far as Mark Alt, monster defenseman???, with 15 points??? He's slightly above average at very best and has been blessed with some really great PR, IMHO. I think the Cretin/Woodbury rematch will be more than you think.. We'll see but in the end the Achille's heel of Cretin will be their goaltending and how they work around it.
Mark Alt also missed a portion of the season as well if you didn't know. His number would be much more impressive if that wasn't the case.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 pm

slapstkhound wrote:
You must be a man......that doesnt even look at stats even....Alt had 15 pts before last night in ohh.....11 games, and he was injured for most of the games he still played in. I totally agree Cretin's goalie isnt top-flight, but the offensive firepower was great. I was there and there was no doubt which team was dominate.....3 of the Eastview goals were as soft as a down pillow. Cretin pounded on the Eastview goalie, and he became so gunshy that he even DUCKED when a slapper came from the point at him....luck it clanged off the POST. As for Woodbury, good luck, they will need it...they are OVER-RATED for even a third seed. Lets just say that Cretin dominated this game like they did a 3 or 4 years ago in a section title game (but the game was taken from them by the guys in black stripped shirts...and given to WOODBURY, that was a HUGE joke of a game 38 minutes of penalties on the Raiders to 4 for Woodbury, and they went to OT with Woodbury scoring on an offsides, along with another goal to tie earlier that was offsides too)......anything can and might happen in Minnesota HS hockey....but like in football, Cretin usually gets even...and they still havent exacted enough blood for that section final. Also, who did woodbury beat this year anyways they beat Cretin, and Cretin was play short on defensemen........IMPRESSIVE win 3-2 and Cretin didnt play with their top 4 defensemen.....The next best game they played was a 7-5 loss to the Whyzeta.........Do you want to talk some more. Cretin has played shorthanded (espcially on D) all year...and still shared the conference title. The Royals could win, it can happen....but it most likely wont. I have only seen Eagan twice this year once against EP and the other was Burnsville........so not quite sure on them. :roll:

slapstkhound

Post by slapstkhound » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:21 pm

smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
You must be a man......that doesnt even look at stats even....Alt had 15 pts before last night in ohh.....11 games, and he was injured for most of the games he still played in. I totally agree Cretin's goalie isnt top-flight, but the offensive firepower was great. I was there and there was no doubt which team was dominate.....3 of the Eastview goals were as soft as a down pillow. Cretin pounded on the Eastview goalie, and he became so gunshy that he even DUCKED when a slapper came from the point at him....luck it clanged off the POST. As for Woodbury, good luck, they will need it...they are OVER-RATED for even a third seed. Lets just say that Cretin dominated this game like they did a 3 or 4 years ago in a section title game (but the game was taken from them by the guys in black stripped shirts...and given to WOODBURY, that was a HUGE joke of a game 38 minutes of penalties on the Raiders to 4 for Woodbury, and they went to OT with Woodbury scoring on an offsides, along with another goal to tie earlier that was offsides too)......anything can and might happen in Minnesota HS hockey....but like in football, Cretin usually gets even...and they still havent exacted enough blood for that section final. Also, who did woodbury beat this year anyways they beat Cretin, and Cretin was play short on defensemen........IMPRESSIVE win 3-2 and Cretin didnt play with their top 4 defensemen.....The next best game they played was a 7-5 loss to the Whyzeta.........Do you want to talk some more. Cretin has played shorthanded (espcially on D) all year...and still shared the conference title. The Royals could win, it can happen....but it most likely wont. I have only seen Eagan twice this year once against EP and the other was Burnsville........so not quite sure on them. :roll:
Point out to me where I said anything regarding the previous Woodbury game in this post. I merely pointed out that, IMHO, this game will be more than you are giving it credit for. As far as the previous section game, it was what...3 years ago. Time to move on from it. I know Alt was injured BUT if he's truly the monster defenseman that you believe, he should have more points. 15 points during the regular season in, I know you'll correct me, 11 games is not monster. Above average yes, monster no.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 pm

[ :roll:[/quote]Point out to me where I said anything regarding the previous Woodbury game in this post. I merely pointed out that, IMHO, this game will be more than you are giving it credit for. As far as the previous section game, it was what...3 years ago. Time to move on from it. I know Alt was injured BUT if he's truly the monster defenseman that you believe, he should have more points. 15 points during the regular season in, I know you'll correct me, 11 games is not monster. Above average yes, monster no.[/quote]

Classic stat hound....15 pts for a defenseman in 11 games on a defense first Hockey team (ahh....to protect the achilles heel).......besides lets remember their is ALWAYS more to a hockey players game than points......WHO has been regarded for several years as the best player on the Wild........Mikko who, and he has never been a super points guy. Defensemen are judged by plus/minus for the most part and amazingly......I think Alt was on the ice for ohh 6 goals last night by Cretin and 1 by Eastview.......+5......that is his job, keep scorers off his goalie, and help the offense score a couple here and there.......Mark does that job well, that is why the U wanted him since early in his sophmore campaign....ON a poor Cretin team

nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:46 pm

Terrible argument all the way around. Mikko Koivu's worst season since 06 he had 42 points.. in an injury plagued 57 game season. But this is about high school and I'm sorry but pretty much all high school coaches preach defense first.. and if you want to be described as a monster you should stand out when your team is at state. Mark Alt did not do that last year.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 pm

nipeshow18 wrote:Terrible argument all the way around. Mikko Koivu's worst season since 06 he had 42 points.. in an injury plagued 57 game season. But this is about high school and I'm sorry but pretty much all high school coaches preach defense first.. and if you want to be described as a monster you should stand out when your team is at state. Mark Alt did not do that last year.
Nice comment.......but not true, they placed 4th in the state last year. He played one excellent game, keep the HOUNDS down and shadowing people, and then against the spuds....he was +1 in a where he wasnt on the ice for either Spuds scores in a 2-1 game......I would say that was solid game too.

DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:00 pm

smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
hahaha This post has all the classic elements, blaming refs, calling other team overrated, calling other taems schedule suspect despite the fact that they beat your team. I'm guessing your a Green Bay Packer fan also?
Last edited by DotaDangler on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin

nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm

You keep saying that what we are saying is not true but it is. I never said that Mark Alt was not a solid hockey player. He certainly is. But he is not a stand out, "monster" like someone previously described him as. Get off his nuts already. This thread is about 3AA or whether or not we think CDH has a chance not you're passionate love for Mark Alt.

I like Eagan or Apple Valley to win this section. But then again I do not think any team is that much better than any of the other four remaining. Shoul be fun to watch!

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:13 pm

nipeshow18 wrote:You keep saying that what we are saying is not true but it is. I never said that Mark Alt was not a solid hockey player. He certainly is. But he is not a stand out, "monster" like someone previously described him as. Get off his nuts already. This thread is about 3AA or whether or not we think CDH has a chance not you're passionate love for Mark Alt.

I like Eagan or Apple Valley to win this section. But then again I do not think any team is that much better than any of the other four remaining. Shoul be fun to watch!
Wow....I think someone has a ball fetish and that person is like a baby sheep.....for nipeshow that would be U.......

As for the best team......well last years AV-Cretin game was pretty awesome...and I would expect the same if they end up going again (which I think just might happen). Cretin would win though....... :D You are right though about a tough section, it should of been AV third and Woodbury 4th......in the seeds. Woodbury really isnt a 3 seed......they have NO big wins. I would of enjoyed seeing two SEC-LAKE battles better than conference teams playing again.......ohh yeah have you seen Cretin play this year....because I have seen 4 Woodbury games, 5 Cretin games, 2 Eagan games and 2 AV games (not against each other either)......

CDHHockey

Post by CDHHockey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:18 pm

I hope they don't underestimate woodbury. We're the more talented team but anytime you're in a win or go home situation the best team doesn't always win.

nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:18 pm

smw1111 wrote:
nipeshow18 wrote:You keep saying that what we are saying is not true but it is. I never said that Mark Alt was not a solid hockey player. He certainly is. But he is not a stand out, "monster" like someone previously described him as. Get off his nuts already. This thread is about 3AA or whether or not we think CDH has a chance not you're passionate love for Mark Alt.

Wow....I think someone has a ball fetish and that person is like a baby sheep.....for nipeshow that would be U.......

As for the best team......well last years AV-Cretin game was pretty awesome...and I would expect the same if they end up going again (which I think just might happen). Cretin would win though....... :D You are right though about a tough section, it should of been AV third and Woodbury 4th......in the seeds. Woodbury really isnt a 3 seed......they have NO big wins. I would of enjoyed seeing two SEC-LAKE battles better than conference teams playing again.......ohh yeah have you seen Cretin play this year....because I have seen 4 Woodbury games, 5 Cretin games, 2 Eagan games and 2 AV games (not against each other either)......
You're an idiot. That is all.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm

DotaDangler wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
hahaha This post has all the classic elements, blaming refs, calling other team overrated, calling other taems schedule suspect despite the fact that they beat your team. I'm guessing your a Green Bay Packer fan also?
well...the truth fits in Woodbury's case. Hockey should never decided by REFS.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Napeman.....get a life. I was actually hoping you had some wit. Instead of preference for repressed gay tendencies by calling other people gay.

Hoops

Post by Hoops » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 pm

smw1111 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
Well Cretin can't complain about last yr's region final ...when the refs gave a phantom hooking penalty behind Cretin's net in OT!! Horrible call ...power play goal..Cretin to state. So you might want to put that Woodbury game to bed from 3yrs ago...you were pd back.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm

CDHHockey wrote:I hope they don't underestimate woodbury. We're the more talented team but anytime you're in a win or go home situation the best team doesn't always win.
YOU are so right about that.......watching the Cretin goalie against Eastview was painful.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

I like Eagan to
win 3AA but any of the remaining 4 could win...Eagan 5 (en) Cretin 3 in the section final.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 pm

I watched Alt in game with Forest Lake. He hit Danny Fick With the perfect clean, hard check. Fick even said that guy is a man.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Hoops wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
Well Cretin can't complain about last yr's region final ...when the refs gave a phantom hooking penalty behind Cretin's net in OT!! Horrible call ...power play goal..Cretin to state. So you might want to put that Woodbury game to bed from 3yrs ago...you were pd back.
HOOPS: Nice to hear from you again, you are the same guy that said Cretin would get clocked last year against The HOUNDS......how did that work out for ya.....As far as a phantom call against AV, The Eagles got a couple of phantom calls during the game that totally broke Cretin momentum.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I like Eagan to
win 3AA but any of the remaining 4 could win...Eagan 5 (en) Cretin 3 in the section final.
Hey....that is an opinion. I think Cretin beats AV in the Section Finals 4-1, Cretin-Woodbury will be a battle of styles.......if Woodbury can get to the net and shake the Cretin goalie.....hey they Royals just might win. If Alt and the boys keep the shots long and clean, Cretin in a Walk
Last edited by smw1111 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smw1111

Post by smw1111 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Everyone hates Cretin......and just because cretin fans are paranoid, still doesnt mean people arent out to get them. :P

Hoops

Post by Hoops » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:10 pm

smw1111 wrote:
Hoops wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:
smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
HOOPS: Nice to hear from you again, you are the same guy that said Cretin would get clocked last year against The HOUNDS......how did that work out for ya.....As far as a phantom call against AV, The Eagles got a couple of phantom calls during the game that totally broke Cretin momentum.

What momemtum? Power play goal in Ot..the gift was received. Refs decided the game....just like you just said they shouldn't...or is it only when it goes against you?

eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 pm

smw1111 wrote:
slapstkhound wrote:
smw1111, this is a real laugher. You had to wait 3 years later to Bash Woodbury on a thread that didnt really pertain to them. You must have been on the team with Hickey, Mc Dougnah, Borer, and House. They were sent packing in the section final, because they were outplayed that night. I suppose the Refs gave Woodbury the next 5 games in a row that Cretin couldn't win either against Woodbury. They finally pulled a win off three years later and now its Payback? thats a real laugher. I never thought i would hear that coming from a Fan of the Mighty Cretin. I see your point though. Woodbury was horrible that year. so horrible that they beatThe mighty Hill Murray and gave Edina a scare in the Concolation championship. I didn't hear Hill Murray say that they got cheated that night they lost. By the way, The guy you can thank is attending St. Cloud St, and is vieing for Freshman of the year for the WCHA this year. Write David Eddy a letter and tell him your problems with that game. Im sure he will get just as good a laugh at your expence. Get over it, it might happen again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On any given night!