Lourdes vs Red Wing

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rochester Lourdes vs Red Wing 1A Final 3/4

Lourdes
50%
Red Wing
50%

Total votes: 34

Rookie19

Post by Rookie19 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm

hawkhockey wrote:
goldy313 wrote:
Rookie19 wrote:Post the Roster of Lourdes kids that attended Public schools in Rochester or elsewhere thru 8th or 9th grade.

I'll start:

Kurth Mayo 9th
Chezick Mayo 9th
Vesel - Kellogg
Samuelson - Kellogg

That said when Mayo picks up 2 kids from Austin and 1 from Dodge County, Century gets a JM kid and has picked up an occasional kid from Winona, and JM gets a kid from Dodge County I can't really find any fault with Lourdes other than I wish they'd go to AA instead of trophy hunt in A knowing they have an advanrage not only overthe 1A schools but also many of the 1AA schools.
Funk Winona 8th
Nicolay 8th grade John Adams/JM
Farrell 9th grade JM

there is Lourdes top seven in points this year

southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Rookie19 wrote:
hawkhockey wrote:
goldy313 wrote:
Rookie19 wrote:Post the Roster of Lourdes kids that attended Public schools in Rochester or elsewhere thru 8th or 9th grade.

I'll start:

Kurth Mayo 9th
Chezick Mayo 9th
Vesel - Kellogg
Samuelson - Kellogg

That said when Mayo picks up 2 kids from Austin and 1 from Dodge County, Century gets a JM kid and has picked up an occasional kid from Winona, and JM gets a kid from Dodge County I can't really find any fault with Lourdes other than I wish they'd go to AA instead of trophy hunt in A knowing they have an advanrage not only overthe 1A schools but also many of the 1AA schools.
Funk Winona 8th
Nicolay 8th grade John Adams/JM
Farrell 9th grade JM

there is Lourdes top seven in points this year
Once again, Get over it! This happens everywhere in MN highschools now. This will not change anytime soon, so just Get over it!

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

southernmnscout wrote:
Once again, Get over it! This happens everywhere in MN highschools now. This will not change anytime soon, so just Get over it!
First, it doesn't happen everywhere it happens at a few places and at some it fills rosters. The Strib did a nice piece on Apple Valley wrestling, kids go to certain schools to play extracurricular sports, that is nothing new. It is not supposed to be that way but the rules are vague and proving student A went to school B for sports is very hard.

Second, it changed once, it will change again. Part of the reason for change was to stop transfers for sports reasons, if anything all the transfer rule has done is increase the transfers and put that at an earlier age. There is some push back, the rules aren't being enforced fairly - there is no enforcement wing of the MSHSL which relies on self reporting more than anything else. You now have situations in Rochester and elsewhere where parents hold coaches and schools hostage; either play me now or we're leaving. These are 14 and 15 year olds parents doing this, not super agent Scott Boras.

Third, why get over it? If you don't like the policy work to change it, that's how America works. The MSHSL holds open meetings, talk to your schools AD, write letters, they do listen. Their members are the schools if the member schools want change, if enough voting members vote to change it they'll change it. That's how the current transfer rule was put into effect, enough complaints led to a change, the rule will probably be evn further tweaked in coming years..There have been so many changes in the past and they'll continue to evolve. Look for some major changes in high school football over the next few years, as a member of their coaches association I see they're working on all sorts of proposals. If you just go to a message board and complain nothing will ever get done.

southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 am

goldy313 wrote: If you just go to a message board and complain nothing will ever get done.

EXACTLY MY POINT!! Thank you Goldy! And very good analysis, by the way.