#2 White Bear Lake Vs. #3 Stillwater

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

WBL
59%
Stillwater
41%

Total votes: 58

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Even though I think WBL is the better team, it's hard to beat good competition 3 times in a row, and I therefore like the chances of Stillwater pulling off a win and seeing them play Hill in a repeat of last seasons final.

Stillwater 3
WBL 2
northstars10

Post by northstars10 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
bigtimescout wrote:Stilly in a tight one, 4-3, stillwater is too deep imo for the bears to match up with this late in the season. Bears tender will have to play great for them to have a chance.
It must have been the Ponies depth that pulled out that big 1-0 win over East Ridge late in the season. :roll:
Haha Pioneerprideguy, you can rip on Stillwater all you want. You just keep in mind you beat NSP by ONE late in the season and the shots were 38-32. Might have to question your depth a little bit... As for this game, Stillwater wins 3-2 in OT then beats Hill 4-3 in OT to go the X.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

northstars10 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
bigtimescout wrote:Stilly in a tight one, 4-3, stillwater is too deep imo for the bears to match up with this late in the season. Bears tender will have to play great for them to have a chance.
It must have been the Ponies depth that pulled out that big 1-0 win over East Ridge late in the season. :roll:
Haha Pioneerprideguy, you can rip on Stillwater all you want. You just keep in mind you beat NSP by ONE late in the season and the shots were 38-32. Might have to question your depth a little bit... As for this game, Stillwater wins 3-2 in OT then beats Hill 4-3 in OT to go the X.
I never claimed that the Pioneers have depth, in fact, I'd say they are a 1 person club. They have...ummmm...that 1 guy who scores sometimes...umm...you know. But other than that, they are average. If they are able to get by a solid MV team on Weds, I doubt they will even show up Friday. Why would ya?...everyone is gonna be pulling for the other team to beat ya. I don't know if the kids would be able to handle it.
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

Gotta go wit my bears on this one they can always seem to pull it off in sections, until the finals that is :cry: anyways..
Bears-4
Housley's-2
gophs16

Post by gophs16 »

wbhockey02 wrote:Gotta go wit my bears on this one they can always seem to pull it off in sections, until the finals that is :cry: anyways..
Bears-4
Housley's-2
wrong
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

gophs16 wrote:
wbhockey02 wrote:Gotta go wit my bears on this one they can always seem to pull it off in sections, until the finals that is :cry: anyways..
Bears-4
Housley's-2
wrong
Someone's opinion is wrong? Alrighty then. :roll:
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Bears-4
Housley's-2
They managed to pull it off all the way up to the section final last year, too 8)
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
gophs16 wrote:
wbhockey02 wrote:Gotta go wit my bears on this one they can always seem to pull it off in sections, until the finals that is :cry: anyways..Bears-4
Housley's-2
wrong
Actually, PPG, I interpreted gophs as saying wbhockey02 was "wrong" about the comment, because WBL didn't even make it to the finals last year... H-M and Stillwater, did. It's a pretty foregone conclusion that WBL is always at the section semi's...
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
gophs16 wrote:
Bears-4
Housley's-2
wrong
DEJA VU?!

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
gophs16 wrote:
Hmmm, I don't think you were there then.
I'm not even gonna argue, because clearly you don't believe in individual opinions.

Now that you pointed that out Goldy, no doubt he'll use it as an excuse
Always celly hard.
got some

Post by got some »

Bears-4
Housley's-2
He was just referring to the fact that WBL and Hill almost always meet in the finals.

Stillwater fans: You should be thanking tartan for your appearance in the final last year. Don't worry, White Bear won't let that happen again this year.
stilly5hm3

Post by stilly5hm3 »

johnson beat tartan...ponies beat johnson...if i were a pony id be thanking myself
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Goldfishdude wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
gophs16 wrote: wrong
Actually, PPG, I interpreted gophs as saying wbhockey02 was "wrong" about the comment, because WBL didn't even make it to the finals last year... H-M and Stillwater, did. It's a pretty foregone conclusion that WBL is always at the section semi's...
White Bear has failed a few times to advance to the semifinals. Two years that I recall are 1987 and 1992. '92 is when Mounds View beat the Bears (and Brian Bonin). Not sure, but possibly in 1999 as well.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Still a pretty good track record, wbmd....., eh??? Those teams must have sucked......

Game day...... bring it!!!
stpaul

WBL - Stillwater

Post by stpaul »

1999 is the most recent time. WBL lost to Stillwater 4-2 in the quarterfinals. HM beat Roseville in the section final that year 3-2. Roseville was ranked #3 and HM #4 in the state going into that section tournament.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Goldfishdude wrote:Still a pretty good track record, wbmd....., eh??? Those teams must have sucked......

Game day...... bring it!!!
'87 and '92 were decent teams. '99 was Butters' first year coaching.
gophs16

Post by gophs16 »

got some wrote:
Bears-4
Housley's-2
He was just referring to the fact that WBL and Hill almost always meet in the finals.

Stillwater fans: You should be thanking tartan for your appearance in the final last year. Don't worry, White Bear won't let that happen again this year.
Not seeing any point on this one. Tartan lost to a team that Stillwater handled easily.
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

What he's saying is that you should be thankful that you got on the side of the bracket with Tartan cause if you weren't, then White Bear or Stilly would have beat you in the semifinals.
h-m fan

Post by h-m fan »

There are three things that are a sure thing in life... Taxes, death, and white bear and hill showdowns in sections. so wbl pulls this one out by a goal maybe 2
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

h-m fan wrote:There are three things that are a sure thing in life... Taxes, death, and white bear and hill showdowns in sections. so wbl pulls this one out by a goal maybe 2
That is never a sure thing.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Wait a cotton picking minute here. A couple of weeks ago you ridiculed me for starting a thread about the ER-Stillwater game, now you're talking about it weeks later?

Go figure :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

wbmd wrote:
h-m fan wrote:There are three things that are a sure thing in life... Taxes, death, and white bear and hill showdowns in sections. so wbl pulls this one out by a goal maybe 2
That is never a sure thing.
I would say 9 out of every 10 years they meet up in sections. The last time I can remember that they didn't meet in section play was 05', and that's the last time WBL's been to state. So it's a pretty save bet, but they still have to play the games.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Now that puck is about to drop:

Goldfishdude predicts:

Stillwater 4 , White Bear Lake 2
got some

Post by got some »

Am I just too early, or is MSBN not working... ?

Anddddddddd, go Bears!
got some

Post by got some »

GOLDY!!!!!! Loved the shoutout!!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

got some wrote:GOLDY!!!!!! Loved the shoutout!!
Likewise to the faithful listeners....... ahhhhhhh.. so much easier to hide my frustration at home!!!!!