State Seedings: AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

YOu can argue that 1aa (Lakeville South) is better than Roseau and either AV or Woodbury...

to be honest...with the firepower LVS has..if Im HM, Edina or whoever..Id rather play AV or Roseau than LVS right away
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

HomeBarkingDog wrote:YOu can argue that 1aa (Lakeville South) is better than Roseau and either AV or Woodbury...

to be honest...with the firepower LVS has..if Im HM, Edina or whoever..Id rather play AV or Roseau than LVS right away
I agree. Lumping LVS in with the other 1AA teams is a mistake.

I'd go
1. Tonka
2. Edina
3. Hill
-I understand why some might give Hill the 2-seed, but I'm just not quite as impressed with them. But as others have noted, 2 vs. 3 means little.
4. Blaine
Next in line:
7AA champion
Maple Grove, if they upset Blaine
LVS
Roseau
3AA champion
WBL, if they upset Hill
chester1991

Post by chester1991 »

This is how it will work out.

1) Minnetonka
2) Blaine beat Hill in Schwan tourney
3) Hill-Murray
4) Edina
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

chester1991 wrote:This is how it will work out.

1) Minnetonka
2) Blaine beat Hill in Schwan tourney
3) Hill-Murray
4) Edina
There is no way Edina will be below Blaine who they beat.
HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

karl(east) wrote:
HomeBarkingDog wrote:YOu can argue that 1aa (Lakeville South) is better than Roseau and either AV or Woodbury...

I agree. Lumping LVS in with the other 1AA teams is a mistake.

I'd go
1. Tonka
2. Edina
3. Hill
-I understand why some might give Hill the 2-seed, but I'm just not quite as impressed with them. But as others have noted, 2 vs. 3 means little.
4. Blaine
Next in line:
7AA champion
Maple Grove, if they upset Blaine
LVS
Roseau
3AA champion
WBL, if they upset Hill
couldnt have seeded them better myself

Agreed 100%
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

1-Minnetonka
2-Edina
Those two are set no matter what happens

If Hill Murray wins then they're 3, WBL won't be seeded.
If Blaine wins then they're 3 or 4, MG won't be seeded.

If either Hill or Blaine lose East is seeded 4, 3 if they both lose.
Roseau could be seeded 4 if both Hill and Blaine lose

Apple Valley and whichever Lakeville school wins won't get seeded, though if both Blaine and Hill lose and South wins South could sneak into the 4 seed.
defensezone

Post by defensezone »

BBB wrote:Rank the top 694/494 teams 1-4 and let everyone else try to play spoiler.
If Blaine and Hill win I don't think there will be any discussion of having any outstate teams seeded. I would rank em:
1)Tonka
2) Hill
3)Edina (who beat blaine twice)
4)Blaine
I guess whoever draws 1AA really gets the #1 seed
BBB...Doesn't the HS Hockey Board seed the top 4 and draw the next 4 out of a hat? If so, then the 1AA winner could play any of the top 4 seeds. Right?
Last edited by defensezone on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

defensezone wrote:
BBB wrote:Rank the top 694/494 teams 1-4 and let everyone else try to play spoiler.
If Blaine and Hill win I don't think there will be any discussion of having any outstate teams seeded. I would rank em:
1)Tonka
2) Hill
4)Blaine
BBB...Doesn't the HS Hockey Board seed the top 4 and draw the next 4 out of a hat? Is so, then the 1AA winner could play any of the top 4 seeds. Right?
Correct.
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

defensezone wrote:
1)Tonka
2) Hill
4)Blaine
BBB...Doesn't the HS Hockey Board seed the top 4 and draw the next 4 out of a hat? Is so, then the 1AA winner could play any of the top 4 seeds. Right?
yes he's saying since there soo weak whatever seeded teams plays them really has the #1 seed but i think 3aa is just as bad (if not worse)

but not quite true lets say the #4 seed plays 1aa and destroys them, they still have to play Tonka in the semis but i could easily see the #3, #4 seeded teams getting upset (not necessarily by 1aa/ 3aa, more likely by 7aa,8aa) but haha again if hill / blaine get upset in section i could see DE getting the 4 seed

im just going to wait till sections are over until i make by predictions
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

DasCondor wrote:
defensezone wrote:
1)Tonka
2) Hill
4)Blaine
yes he's saying since there soo weak whatever seeded teams plays them really has the #1 seed but i think 3aa is just as bad (if not worse)but not quite true lets say the #4 seed plays 1aa and destroys them, they still have to play Tonka in the semis but i could easily see the #3, #4 seeded teams getting upset (not necessarily by 1aa/ 3aa, more likely by 7aa,8aa) but haha again if hill / blaine get upset in section i could see DE getting the 4 seed

You need to watch some games. Not one team wants to play AV right now (of course except Tonka). AV would beat South 7 out of 10.
stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL »

When do the seedings come out?
hipcheck

longshot

Post by hipcheck »

Rams could play their two best games of the year and be 0-2 and out. They can definitley be called a long shot to win it all, but could also pull off an upset.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

[quote="Hoops"][quote="DasCondor"][quote="defensezone"][quote="BBB"]Rank the top 694/494 teams 1-4 and let everyone else try to play spoiler.
1)Tonka
2) Hill
4)Blaine
I guess whoever draws 1AA really gets the #1 seed[/quote]

BBB...Doesn't the HS Hockey Board seed the top 4 and draw the next 4 out of a hat? Is so, then the 1AA winner could play any of the top 4 seeds. Right?[/quote]

yes he's saying since there soo weak whatever seeded teams plays them really has the #1 seed [b]but i think 3aa is just as bad (if not worse)[/b]but not quite true lets say the #4 seed plays 1aa and destroys them, they still have to play Tonka in the semis but i could easily see the #3, #4 seeded teams getting upset (not necessarily by 1aa/ 3aa, more likely by 7aa,8aa) but haha again if hill / blaine get upset in section i could see DE getting the 4 seed

im just going to wait till sections are over until i make by predictions[/quote]

You need to watch some games. Not one team wants to play AV right now (of course except Tonka). AV would beat South 7 out of 10.[/quote]

I agree. I got to watch a few games this year and as long as Michaelson is healthy they are very potent. They put 32 shots on Ness last night in the last 2 periods alone and only gave up 16 in that same span... I would not want to face AV right away. Gretz looked solid last night as well, holding them in it until their nerves settled. I would not overlook AV.
defensezone

Post by defensezone »

DasCondor wrote:
defensezone wrote:
1)Tonka
2) Hill
4)Blaine
yes he's saying since there soo weak whatever seeded teams plays them really has the #1 seed but i think 3aa is just as bad (if not worse)

but not quite true lets say the #4 seed plays 1aa and destroys them, they still have to play Tonka in the semis but i could easily see the #3, #4 seeded teams getting upset (not necessarily by 1aa/ 3aa, more likely by 7aa,8aa) but haha again if hill / blaine get upset in section i could see DE getting the 4 seed

Thanks, I misunderstood...long week.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

stillwildinIL wrote:When do the seedings come out?
Saturday morning coaches meet and it will be decided then.
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

newsguy35 wrote:
Hoops wrote:
DasCondor wrote: Gretz is no question a big game goalie...outstanding.

yes he's saying since there soo weak whatever seeded teams plays them really has the #1 seed but i think 3aa is just as bad (if not worse)but not quite true lets say the #4 seed plays 1aa and destroys them, they still have to play Tonka in the semis but i could easily see the #3, #4 seeded teams getting upset (not necessarily by 1aa/ 3aa, more likely by 7aa,8aa) but haha again if hill / blaine get upset in section i could see DE getting the 4 seed

You need to watch some games. Not one team wants to play AV right now (of course except Tonka). AV would beat South 7 out of 10.
I agree. I got to watch a few games this year and as long as Michaelson is healthy they are very potent. They put 32 shots on Ness last night in the last 2 periods alone and only gave up 16 in that same span... I would not want to face AV right away. Gretz looked solid last night as well, holding them in it until their nerves settled. I would not overlook AV.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Seven out of 10? perhaps but they finished behind South in the lake and both teams lost key players to injury.
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

keepyourheadup wrote:Seven out of 10? perhaps but they finished behind South in the lake and both teams lost key players to injury.
Opinion only..but w/ AV's goalie and the team they are right now.. yep 7 0f 10
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

Hoops wrote:
keepyourheadup wrote:Seven out of 10? perhaps but they finished behind South in the lake and both teams lost key players to injury.
im just saying if im tonka or edina right now , i would rather play South or AV than Duluth East or Roseau Im sure South or AV could upset the other 2 ranked teams (who we don't know yet) but i dont see either of them beating Tonka or Edina

no shot AV will get the chance to play South anyways maybe one of them will upset a seeded team but not both
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

DasCondor wrote:
Hoops wrote:
im just saying if im tonka or edina right now , i would rather play South or AV than Duluth East or Roseau Im sure South or AV could upset the other 2 ranked teams (who we don't know yet) but i dont see either of them beating Tonka or Edina

no shot AV will get the chance to play South anyways maybe one of them will upset a seeded team but not both
They won't play in the winner's bracket but could play in the...

Probably right on Duluth East...but Roseau is not out of the AV or South category at all.
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

Hoops wrote:
I'd agree. Valley could be a darkhorse to pull a 1st day upset. If they don't I think they get beat by 3+ goals. Watched last nights game and thought they really dominated the game outside the first 5 minutes. The key for Valley is get an early lead IMO. If they get a lead, they can find rest for their top two lines. If they get behind and have to shorten the bench, they'll run out of gas in the 3rd.

As for seedings vs LVS. The top line for Valley is one of the best in the state and from what I saw when I watched LVS, they are a better two way group than the Cougs. These two teams split the regular season and IIRC Michaelson was out or working back into game shape in the game LVS won by a goal. Kid can blow up a game when he is on. Add to that a hot goalie and I think 7 of 10 could happen. That said, these two teams will make the South Suburban awful deep in the next few seasons with an excellent Eagan team, Jefferson and Burnsville.

My assumptive seeds contingent on tonights games (yes I know they only seed 4):

1. Tonka
2. Edina
3. Blaine
4. Hill
5. East
6. AV
7. LVS
8. Roseau
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

Hoops wrote:
by the way AV goalie held them in and at least one of the goals woodbury's goalie should of stopped and the 3rd the defencemen got burned "trying to pinch" leading to that 2 on 1

I wouldnt get too exited over that win , considering its woodbury which i believe tonka scored 9 goals on earlier this season without a open net

and the real question is how do you think the AV goalie will hold up against a team like tonka / edina ?
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

DasCondor wrote:
Hoops wrote:

Don't think Tonka or Edina really care who they play in the first round...
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

DasCondor wrote:
Hoops wrote:
by the way AV goalie held them in and at least one of the goals woodbury's goalie should of stopped and the 3rd the defencemen got burned "trying to pinch" leading to that 2 on 1

I wouldnt get too exited over that win , considering its woodbury which i believe tonka scored 9 goals on earlier this season without a open net

and the real question is how do you think the AV goalie will hold up against a team like tonka / edina ?
I think Tonka/Edina are the class of the tournament. That said, I think a hot/confident goalie can stand on his head against anyone anytime. There's a reason we remember names like Reggie Miracle with this tourney. The more important question is how does the rest of his team respond. If they amp up the energy and can catch their netminders confidence look out the upset alert is on, whether that is East, AV, LVS, Roseau or anyone else. If Tonka/Edina vs the Field all play their best games, then Tonka/Edina wins the title. However, how often do we see every team play its best game every night. I would have laughed at you if you would have told me Rochester Century would be playing at the X on Friday after beating HM a few years ago. But they did.
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Only way seeding will get interesting is if Hill Murray and Blaine both get upset tonight. If neither do its obviously those two Edina and Tonka. If one does I think East fills the 4th spot. If both do East will and then it would get a little interesting for the 4th seed I believe.