6A Final Alexandria vs Sartell

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins 6A???

Alexandria
82%
Sartell
18%

Total votes: 22

snakedude11

6A Final Alexandria vs Sartell

Post by snakedude11 »

Well we all know that Sartell may or may not have gotten lucky to beat FF, but either way they play Alex for the right to go to state. Im taking Alex 4 Sartell 2
Ken Dryden

Re: 6A Final Alexandria vs Sartell

Post by Ken Dryden »

Thanks for changing the topic from that wrong call referee stuff.
As long as Alex can survive their typical slow start then I see them winning 5-3. With a win and a tie against Sartell this season it is always tough to win that third one...the one that means the most. I'm nervous as all get out!!
defense

Re: 6A Final Alexandria vs Sartell

Post by defense »

Ken Dryden wrote:Thanks for changing the topic from that wrong call referee stuff.
As long as Alex can survive their typical slow start then I see them winning 5-3. With a win and a tie against Sartell this season it is always tough to win that third one...the one that means the most. I'm nervous as all get out!!
Is it really that tough to win the 3rd game???? I know it is a common statement, but really is it??? If you beat a team twice obviously you know how to beat them. Alexandria learned about Sartell in the first match, and proved it in the second one. The Cardinals have not been to the State Tournement since 1996.... : Alexandria 6
Sartell 2
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

I have been watching Alex hockey for a few years now. I would have to say this is one of the weekest teams they have had in years and this will probably be the team to make it to state.
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

weakest team in years? I guess going 21-6-1 makes them a weak team?? Compared to last years team I would agree they are weaker, but are you kidding me, Alex was absolutly terrible after they won the CLC four years in a row about 4 or 5 years back.
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

If I am not mistaken this is only Alex 4th year in class A. They played up in AA for years and played a much tougher schedule. Alex had some pretty good teams then too but could not get past Moorehead. When they finally moved to class A they ran into a tough Little Falls team. Yes, there was a bad season in there. Just saying this is not the best team that Alex as had but I think they will probably make to state.
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

Alex -5
Sartell - 3

Good luck boys...
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

What time do tickets go on sale for the game?
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

If im not mistaken I believe tickets go on sale at 530, and as for Alex when they played in AA they had a very similar schedule to now, the only difference is that they played Moorhead twice, used to play Duluth East every year, and Robbinsdale Armstrong, Forest Lake and teams like that, but they also started playing Roseau lately, St Cloud Cathedral, so I dont think their schedule has gotten any weaker over the years, but I played for Alex until 06 and this years team is 2nd best to last years team previous the 03-04 season easily. Either way Alex should win this game and go to state, depending what kind of draw they get assuming they win I think they could even win their first game at state assuming they dont get Warroad or STA.....
mngopher26

Post by mngopher26 »

Sartell 4-2
TuckerMax93

Post by TuckerMax93 »

GordonBombay99 wrote:What time do tickets go on sale for the game?
Tickets will be sold starting at 8 AM! They will be available in the offices at the east end of the MAC. Get them early to avoid lines.
We're here. We're there. We're everywhere.
scarface

Post by scarface »

Alex is getting some production from their 3rd line now which they didn't in the earlier games vs Sartell. Provided the Cards stay out of the box and play with intensity from the get go, they should get by this game. These Seniors have gotten close the past two years and really want to close the deal.

Alex 5 Sartell 2 Williams with 2 goals and an assist.
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

snakedude11: I dont play hockey or have kids that play hockey, I just watch hockey. You are right about last years team and 03-04 team being two of the best teams in the lasts few years but if you played in 05-06 you dont give yourself or teammates enough credit.
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

Hope this is a great game! I see Alex winning 5-2. I just dont think Sartell will be able to slow that top line. If they do so and get production from all three of their lines I could see them take it.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

snakedude11 wrote:If im not mistaken I believe tickets go on sale at 530, and as for Alex when they played in AA they had a very similar schedule to now, the only difference is that they played Moorhead twice, used to play Duluth East every year, and Robbinsdale Armstrong, Forest Lake and teams like that, but they also started playing Roseau lately, St Cloud Cathedral, so I dont think their schedule has gotten any weaker over the years, but I played for Alex until 06 and this years team is 2nd best to last years team previous the 03-04 season easily. Either way Alex should win this game and go to state, depending what kind of draw they get assuming they win I think they could even win their first game at state assuming they dont get Warroad or STA.....
Or Breck or Hermantown.
:D
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

I am new to Alex but got to watch some of last years team and this years. Last years' team was definitely better, but mainly in one position...goal. Hemmingway in net made the whole team better no doubt.

BTW...Alex beat Sartell 4-1, Sartell beat Virginia 5-3, Virginia lost to Hermantown 5-2 (how's that for like opponent comparisons!!) :lol:

Alex or Sartell would have it very tough at state but in one game, with high emotions, anything can happen.
SCOUT 707

Post by SCOUT 707 »

Like some people said before,Alex played them 2 times and came out top. I think if Alex know what sartell likes to do they will be beat them 5-1 If sartell gets on their cycling game it could be a better game. But I just dont see that happening with the cardnals quicker D
Good luck to both teams.
ice hacker

Post by ice hacker »

Yes Hemminway was good but you need to give young Mr. Murphy alot of credit this year. Last years team had more husltle and more defensive play from their forwards. This year 1st line is good but you aren't going to see them back check to often. They are strickly offensive minded. They are good at the penalty kill tho because they know they have to hustle then.
gaborik

Post by gaborik »

Fergus Falls in a close one. oh wait :wink:
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

lol I dont think Alex would mind seeing some Fergus fans there cheering for Alex, either way I hope its a good game tonight....
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

ice hacker wrote:Yes Hemminway was good but you need to give young Mr. Murphy alot of credit this year. Last years team had more husltle and more defensive play from their forwards. This year 1st line is good but you aren't going to see them back check to often. They are strickly offensive minded. They are good at the penalty kill tho because they know they have to hustle then.
You're right Ice...no disrespect to Murphy...his numbers are good and a couple of months back goaltending was a major concern for the team. He has stepped up and filled that hole nicely. He is still young and will get better.
My comment comes more from knowing what it is like to play with a goaltender that you have complete confidence and 'history' with - it can change the way you think about things on the ice.
That said, they have not given up more than 2 goals in a game (other than Moorhead) in almost 2 months. They will score more than 2 on Sartell.
Go Cards!
Sorry - they gave up 3 to Apollo - but one was a very late goal!
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Sartell-5

Alex-3

Empty Netter
bloody bar down

Post by bloody bar down »

They gave up 5 tp Sauk rapiods and to brainerd in the same week span in January.

Still, I would love to see Alex beat Sartell... again..
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

sartell 4
alex 2
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Alex 3-2