All Metro Boys Hockey Team Selected

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Roseauverrated

Re: All Metro Boys Hockey Team Selected

Post by Roseauverrated »

fivehole628 wrote:
High_Plains_Dangler wrote:
fivehole628 wrote: Shaughnessy had an average of 18 shots a game and a .919 Save%. That is NOT worthy of All-Metro.
Krueger had an average of 24 shots a game and a .933 Save%. That could be worthy of All-Metro.

But look at Aaron Davis' numbers... Averaged 35 shots a game with a .948 Save% and a 1.82 GAA and 4 shutouts Are you kidding me!? That's worthy of 1st team All-Metro! He had 800 shots this season!! He is the only reason Mound finished with the record they did.

He is much more deserving than Krueger and WAY more deserving than Shaughnessy...
Okay, Davis may be more deserving than Shaughnessy. But Krueger? In Davis' defense he didn't exactly have the greatest team in front of him. However, you can't overlook the HUGE wins that Krueger picked up over the course of the season. There is a strong supporting cast, but when you play one of the toughest schedules in the state and put up numbers like that I think he deserves it. As far as Davis being the only reason Mound finished as good as they did this year, I would agree with you. However, All-Metro is intended for the best players in the area. After seeing both of these goalies play, I think Krueger is better. He may not have the numbers Davis does, but he also played top notch competition year round.
I don't want to take anything away from Davis on a great season
thats just my opinion.
I understand what your saying
Davis shut out Virginia, Faribault, Lourdes and Cathedral. Those are some pretty darn good teams.
Actually no, they're not. compared to the teams Kruger and Minnetonka faced, those teams are terrible.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

Roseauverrated wrote:
fivehole628 wrote:
High_Plains_Dangler wrote: Okay, Davis may be more deserving than Shaughnessy. But Krueger? In Davis' defense he didn't exactly have the greatest team in front of him. However, you can't overlook the HUGE wins that Krueger picked up over the course of the season. There is a strong supporting cast, but when you play one of the toughest schedules in the state and put up numbers like that I think he deserves it. As far as Davis being the only reason Mound finished as good as they did this year, I would agree with you. However, All-Metro is intended for the best players in the area. After seeing both of these goalies play, I think Krueger is better. He may not have the numbers Davis does, but he also played top notch competition year round.
I don't want to take anything away from Davis on a great season
thats just my opinion.
I understand what your saying
Davis shut out Virginia, Faribault, Lourdes and Cathedral. Those are some pretty darn good teams.
Actually no, they're not. compared to the teams Kruger and Minnetonka faced, those teams are terrible.
For being a single A team like Mound is, those are some pretty darn good opponents. Davis was the only reason Mound won all the games they did. Krueger was only a little reason. Tonka has what, 5 D-1 players on that team who know how to put the puck in the net and protect their goalie from quality shots. Krueger is an extremely solid goaltender, but i think Davis is just as good if not better.

Just stating my opinion that Davis deserved the 3rd team more than Krueger. You may have a different opinion. Which is fine.
nipeshow18

Post by nipeshow18 »

I can see the argument from both sides. The numbers listed above about average shots faced per game is great and all, but what do those numbers really do for you? You would have to look at the quality of the shots that each goaltender faced, which now, is impossible to do. Both goalies were deserving, Davis got the honor. No matter who they picked someone would have felt snubbed, or people would have disagreed. It happens all of the time in life/sports.

And as a side note.. I'm sure Krueger could carelss whether or not he got 3rd team all-metro if he wins a state title Saturday night.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

toptitty96 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
High_Plains_Dangler wrote: I think Benik should be ecstatic to be on the second team. There are plenty of other forwards that should of made it ahead of him. Also, Shaughnessy or Kruger should of had the third spot for Goalies instead of Davis.
Your answer WOULD be the same IF Holl, Rau, or Faust came out of St Francis. I wonder how much merit Anders Lee would of recieved if he had stayed playing for them :idea: :roll:
Davis should have been on the first team....... best players not the best teams
Well Benik could've showcased his supposed great talent in the elite league, but did he? No. The entire first team has shown how well they can play against and how they compare to some of the best players/teams in MN. And did you see that Burnsville goalie play the second half of the season? The kid was unreal. He's completely deserving.
Benik played last summer against the best in the USA that included MN's best. How did he do? The best out of the MN players. :idea:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

wbmd wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I wonder how much merit Anders Lee would of recieved if he had stayed playing for them :idea: :roll:
Anders Lee graduated last year. He didn't leave early.
He was from St Francis ......
conditioningsucks

Post by conditioningsucks »

Davis is probably a pretty good goalie. But let's get some things straight here. The teams you listed as 'pretty good' class A teams MAYBE have one kid that can actually shoot the puck. I have watched class A games. With the exception of the Breck's, STA's, Mahtomedis, and Warroad...the skill development is abysmal. A goalie doesn't have to be that skilled to excel against players that cannot shoot.

In defense of Krueger, every night he was up against teams that had 8-10 kids that could shoot the puck, dangle, and are two steps faster than Class A kids on the teams you mentioned.

We are comparing Apples and Oranges here. Davis' stats were awesome, but let's remember that he was playing mainly against a bunch of benders.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

conditioningsucks wrote:Davis is probably a pretty good goalie. But let's get some things straight here. The teams you listed as 'pretty good' class A teams MAYBE have one kid that can actually shoot the puck. I have watched class A games. With the exception of the Breck's, STA's, Mahtomedis, and Warroad...the skill development is abysmal. A goalie doesn't have to be that skilled to excel against players that cannot shoot.

In defense of Krueger, every night he was up against teams that had 8-10 kids that could shoot the puck, dangle, and are two steps faster than Class A kids on the teams you mentioned.

We are comparing Apples and Oranges here. Davis' stats were awesome, but let's remember that he was playing mainly against a bunch of benders.
Wow your arrogance is to an extreme...
mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

conditioningsucks wrote:Davis is probably a pretty good goalie. But let's get some things straight here. The teams you listed as 'pretty good' class A teams MAYBE have one kid that can actually shoot the puck. I have watched class A games. With the exception of the Breck's, STA's, Mahtomedis, and Warroad...the skill development is abysmal. A goalie doesn't have to be that skilled to excel against players that cannot shoot.

While that is airtight logic, i'll go ahead and disagree.

There is no doubt Davis saw more pucks, and class A hockey isnt as elite as AA. But Kruger had, potentially, 8 or 9 Division one players playing in front of him...Davis didnt.

Both are good goalies, and i think Kruger prolly has more potential but to discount Aaron Davis's year because class A hockey as filled with "benders'' is ignorant.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

wbmd wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:I think Ben Marshall should've made the All-Metro team.
He did. The 2nd team.
I meant that he should've been on the 1st team.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

MrBoDangles wrote:
wbmd wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I wonder how much merit Anders Lee would of recieved if he had stayed playing for them :idea: :roll:
Anders Lee graduated last year. He didn't leave early.
He was from St Francis ......
Since when??
canttouchthis

Post by canttouchthis »

Benik could surprise people in college. He could be the type of player that lives up to his hype. But if i was a betting man I would say he will be an ok player in college. Just can't see him putting up big numbers because the talent and depth at the next level will blow his mind compared to what he has been playing against the last 4 years. Pauluk should have been on atleast 3rd team too.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

fivehole628 wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote:
fivehole628 wrote: I understand what your saying
For being a single A team like Mound is, those are some pretty darn good opponents. Davis was the only reason Mound won all the games they did. Krueger was only a little reason. Tonka has what, 5 D-1 players on that team who know how to put the puck in the net and protect their goalie from quality shots. Krueger is an extremely solid goaltender, but i think Davis is just as good if not better.

Just stating my opinion that Davis deserved the 3rd team more than Krueger. You may have a different opinion. Which is fine.
Take it in context, 5hole... The comment was made by Yoursoverated... enough said... :lol:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

canttouchthis wrote:Benik could surprise people in college. He could be the type of player that lives up to his hype. But if i was a betting man I would say he will be an ok player in college. Just can't see him putting up big numbers because the talent and depth at the next level will blow his mind compared to what he has been playing against the last 4 years. Pauluk should have been on atleast 3rd team too.
Blow his mind! Oh boy... :roll:
canttouchthis

Post by canttouchthis »

it will. Playing against weaker talent for so long you get into bad habits. He could just be a high school thing and he his talents transfers well from high school to college. But it will be some what of a wake up call when he tries to pull some of the stuff he did these past couple years.