Bjugstad or Fasching

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Bjugstad or Fasching

Post by MrBoDangles »

Will Fasching be a better college(pro) prospect than Bjugstad? Very impressed...
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

No.

Next topic.
The U invented swagger.
HAWKey

Post by HAWKey »

No.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Not sure I'd go quite to the level of certainty that Goldy did. There is a lot of time to watch it play out and Fasching certainly is advanced for his age. Should be fun to watch them grow as players in the coming years.
Vinko Bogataj

Re: Bjugstad or Fasching

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

MrBoDangles wrote:Will Fasching be a better college(pro) prospect than Bjugstad? Very impressed...
Too early to say- playing to Bjugstad's level will be a tall order, but he is only a Frosh and a young one at that. As I said on another thread, Michaelson and Fasching are something special, could be as good or better in time. We shall see.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Hudson is a 95, Nick a 92, tough to say he won't be a blue chipper on par with Bjugstad. He's got a great future in front of him. I think by age this kid could be a first year bantam!
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

I think he will have a chance if he continues to grow (Bjugstad has grown 9 inches since 8th grade). He is incredibly strong for a Freshman and displays great patience with the puck. Bjugstad is a great prospect though, 6'5 with a ton of skill its tough to be a better prospect than he is.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BigWorm wrote:I think he will have a chance if he continues to grow (Bjugstad has grown 9 inches since 8th grade). He is incredibly strong for a Freshman and displays great patience with the puck. Bjugstad is a great prospect though, 6'5 with a ton of skill its tough to be a better prospect than he is.
Nick was 5'9 as a freshman so it's hard to believe the size of the two.
wingmaster

Post by wingmaster »

I would say Bjugstad, since he will get 2 games at Mariucci this weekend in preperation for next year. :lol:
Nobodyonya

Re: Bjugstad or Fasching

Post by Nobodyonya »

MrBoDangles wrote:Will Fasching be a better college(pro) prospect than Bjugstad? Very impressed...
No. Hudson peaked in growth early will he stable off or continue to grow?
Will his skills get better if he does not continue to grow and mold into his body? Time will tell. I have seen this before and down the road others peak at a later time frame and could match ability
Last edited by Nobodyonya on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I respect your opinion, would like to hear your reasons why you say no.
Ilovethe212

Post by Ilovethe212 »

I thought the young freshmen looked better than bjugstad this morning. If he continues to get better in the next 3 yrs, i think he has a chance to be as big of a prospect as bjugstad
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

I highly doubt many of us will have a priviledge of seeing him when he is a senior. I am willing to bet he heads out to the development program. Someone that talented, big, strong and has that great of vision does not get overlooked. That being said, he has the choice if and when it comes.

In my eyes, he will be above Bjug's play and will have more surrounding him. Today Bjug looked like he had to spoon feed guys who could not get out of their own way... Triple teams may have hurt Bjug but he just looked plain out matched by the soph defense out there... Something Fashing did not look like today against older players.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

newsguy35 wrote:I highly doubt many of us will have a priviledge of seeing him when he is a senior. I am willing to bet he heads out to the development program. Someone that talented, big, strong and has that great of vision does not get overlooked. That being said, he has the choice if and when it comes.

In my eyes, he will be above Bjug's play and will have more surrounding him. Today Bjug looked like he had to spoon feed guys who could not get out of their own way... Triple teams may have hurt Bjug but he just looked plain out matched by the soph defense out there... Something Fashing did not look like today against older players.

I'm curious as to how many times you've seen him play.
The U invented swagger.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

Quite a few. I am actually in Eagan now. Went to school up at BSU for 5 years...

Thats a side note. Fashing is a stud, has been a stud all year and even in the games Michaelson was out (I believe Pedrie was out for a few as well and they moved Robson back to D) Fashing was one of the best on the ice. The kid has everything but a big shot. I am sure that will come around as well.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
newsguy35 wrote:I highly doubt many of us will have a priviledge of seeing him when he is a senior. I am willing to bet he heads out to the development program. Someone that talented, big, strong and has that great of vision does not get overlooked. That being said, he has the choice if and when it comes.

I'm curious as to how many times you've seen him play.
Don't know about newsguy, but I've been watching Fasching play since he was a squirt...both in association hockey as well as watching him play for the 95 Machine/Breakaway/Blades. He's always been at that "elite" level. As it stands right now, he has the necessary size to play at the next couple of levels (college and pro) and will only get better as he matures both physically and mentally. The sky is truly the limit for this kid. My only hope is that he sticks around because he will be fun to watch.

From what I understand, he's also a pretty good soccer player...just an all-around good athlete.
Observer85

Post by Observer85 »

muckandgrind wrote:Don't know about newsguy, but I've been watching Fasching play since he was a squirt...both in association hockey as well as watching him play for the 95 Machine/Breakaway/Blades. He's always been at that "elite" level. As it stands right now, he has the necessary size to play at the next couple of levels (college and pro) and will only get better as he matures both physically and mentally. The sky is truly the limit for this kid. My only hope is that he sticks around because he will be fun to watch.

From what I understand, he's also a pretty good soccer player...just an all-around good athlete.
He is a 14 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds. He won't be 15 until July. Should be in 8th grade age wise. Like muckandgrind, I have watched this kid since he was an age wise mite and dominating the squirt level. I saw many of the McBain 88's and Fasching skill set is superior to that group at the same age (Erik Johnson, Peter Mueller, Kyle Opkoso, Jamie McBain - 4 of whom are already playing professional hockey).

Fasching was the only freshman allowed to play on the AV state championship soccer team this past fall. If he stays in HS through his senior year, he could be a Mr. Soccer and Mr. Hockey.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Bjugstad was not outmatched by sophomore defenseman, his team just relies on him alone too much, he didn't have a whole lot to work with today. I thought both goalies played great, Apple Valley definitely had the momentum.
newsguy35

Post by newsguy35 »

[quote="LetsPlayHockey22"]Bjugstad was not outmatched by sophomore defenseman, his team just relies on him alone too much, he didn't have a whole lot to work with today. I thought both goalies played great, Apple Valley definitely had the momentum.[/quote]

I believe AV has 2 Dmen that are not sophs... Leoung was matched on him almost the whole game, he is a sophomore. Did they have help, sure... Still didnt do anything to get the puck past Gretz. HE WAS OUTMATCHED BY SOPH D... Sikich was not on the ice the whole time Bjug was (all of the 3rd basically) and Bjug had very few great chances. He was shut down by sophs...
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Observer85 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:Don't know about newsguy, but I've been watching Fasching play since he was a squirt...both in association hockey as well as watching him play for the 95 Machine/Breakaway/Blades. He's always been at that "elite" level. As it stands right now, he has the necessary size to play at the next couple of levels (college and pro) and will only get better as he matures both physically and mentally. The sky is truly the limit for this kid. My only hope is that he sticks around because he will be fun to watch.

He is a 14 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds. He won't be 15 until July. Should be in 8th grade age wise. Like muckandgrind, I have watched this kid since he was an age wise mite and dominating the squirt level. I saw many of the McBain 88's and Fasching skill set is superior to that group at the same age (Erik Johnson, Peter Mueller, Kyle Opkoso, Jamie McBain - 4 of whom are already playing professional hockey).

Fasching was the only freshman allowed to play on the AV state championship soccer team this past fall. If he stays in HS through his senior year, he could be a Mr. Soccer and Mr. Hockey.
Should be in 8th grade!?? 14!?? :shock:
brokenbat

Post by brokenbat »

Goldy, Are you an NHL scout or what made you the judge on how Fasching will end up? The kid is a 14 yr old frosh who won't turn 18 till after his senior year. He could be a top 10 NHL draft pick or he could not get drafted, pretty hard to tell right now.
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Who was better as a 14 year old? Jordan Schroeder or Hudson Fasching? Both were leading scorers on teams that went to state, Fasching a 9th grader Schroeder an 8th grader. They are different players, but I think what Fasching has done in AA is more impressive than what Schroeder did in A.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Fasching is a great prospect but when Michealson was down it was much harder for him. Don't underestimate how much AJ stretches the hockey rink allowing Hudson much more time and space. I think its safe to say he'll be watched very closely.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

First time I've seen Bjugstad play today...HE DID NOTHING TO IMPRESS ME !!! Give me Fasching or Michaelson any day over the BUG !!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
speedskater

Post by speedskater »

He is over rated. I would rather have Kyle Rau than Bjugstad. He didnt take his team anywhere today and was a non factor.