East Grand Forks...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Doug McKenzie

East Grand Forks...

Post by Doug McKenzie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:02 am

On behalf of Roseau Rams Hockey. We would like to thank EGF for hiring Scott Oliver as the head FOOTBALL coach. Thank you!!! You will be missed greatly. :roll:

TTpuckster

Re: East Grand Forks...

Post by TTpuckster » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 am

Doug McKenzie wrote:On behalf of Roseau Rams Hockey. We would like to thank EGF for hiring Scott Oliver as the head FOOTBALL coach. Thank you!!! You will be missed greatly. :roll:
What??????????????

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Great choice by the Green Wave. State titles follow Oliver wherever he goes. 8)

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 pm

He was an assistant coach at Roseau and did play in the CFL. He's got some good football experience.

mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 pm

warriors41 wrote:He was an assistant coach at Roseau and did play in the CFL. He's got some good football experience.
I am pretty sure he was an assistant at UM-Crookston for a while as well for football, a pretty good hire for EGF

dump and chase

Post by dump and chase » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

I could have sworn this was the hockey forum... I must be lost... :? :?

Doug McKenzie

Post by Doug McKenzie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:48 pm

I just got done talking to one of his assistant coaches from Roseau. I'm pretty sure Crookston didn't want him and Roseau was sure glad to see him leave. I will give it a couple years and EGF will be saying the same thing.

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Doug McKenzie wrote:I just got done talking to one of his assistant coaches from Roseau. I'm pretty sure Crookston didn't want him and Roseau was sure glad to see him leave. I will give it a couple years and EGF will be saying the same thing.
That's where I thought you were going.

What up?

:? :?

Red Ice

Post by Red Ice » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

I heard "can skate" is not on his resume.

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Doug McKenzie wrote:I just got done talking to one of his assistant coaches from Roseau. I'm pretty sure Crookston didn't want him and Roseau was sure glad to see him leave. I will give it a couple years and EGF will be saying the same thing.
Digger, give it a break . . . carpet boy isn't a reliable source. By the way he was the Head Coach at UM-Crookston in football and hockey. State Champion in Football (Glyndon/Felton), National Champion in Hockey (UMC) and State Champion in Hockey (Roseau). Must be a poor coach. 8)

Doug McKenzie

Post by Doug McKenzie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Roseau is just glad he has moved on. :lol: The 2007 Roseau team was the worst Roseau team ever to win a state title.

whos_it

Post by whos_it » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I played intramural hockey at Moorhead State with Scotty. He was a poor skating neanderthal at that time. I still have the caved in face mask from a cheap shot punch he threw while I was skating past their "bench".

I really can't comment on his coaching ability but I was not convinced he was such a good person as a college student. Perhaps a little roid rage from the football muscle. Who knows? People do grow up and change and perhaps that is the case with Scott.

By the way, I did keep right on skating after the punch. May not have survived a real confrontation with this guy and really had no appetite to give him a couple more shots at my head.

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 pm

Doug McKenzie wrote:Roseau is just glad he has moved on. :lol: The 2007 Roseau team was the worst Roseau team ever to win a state title.
So you got cut, get over it.

Doug McKenzie

Post by Doug McKenzie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 pm

The carpet boy has informed me that he will promote a Roseau Street Brawl. It will be held in July during the Hockey Reunion, between the Legion and Memorial Arena. I will represent the Legion Mafia vs. The Big Red Dragon (if he has the guts to show up) in the main event for the evening. All proceeds will be going to Roseau Youth Hockey.

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 pm

whos_it wrote:I played intramural hockey at Moorhead State . . . but I was not convinced he was such a good person as a college student.
Not sure I've ever met a "good person" who would own up to attending Moorhead State. By the way, call intramural hockey at Moorhead State what it was ~ BEER LEAGUE! :twisted:

warriors41

Post by warriors41 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Doug McKenzie wrote:Roseau is just glad he has moved on. :lol: The 2007 Roseau team was the worst Roseau team ever to win a state title.
I'm not necessarily a huge fan of his, but if 2007 was the worst Roseau team to win state, than wouldn't that make him an even better coach for still winning the championship? You know, if he was able to win the hardware with a worse team than other years?

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Doug McKenzie wrote:The carpet boy has informed me that he will promote a Roseau Street Brawl. It will be held in July during the Hockey Reunion, between the Legion and Memorial Arena. I will represent the Legion Mafia vs. The Big Red Dragon (if he has the guts to show up) in the main event for the evening. All proceeds will be going to Roseau Youth Hockey.
Wasn't that last year's main event? :shock:

Doug McKenzie

Post by Doug McKenzie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:10 pm

Remember all Oliver did was radio interviews while his assistants ran the team. Anyone from Roseau can tell you that.

And the year before too. Maybe this year he won't chicken out.

Red Ice

Post by Red Ice » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:44 pm

I think a lot of Roseau people were just jealous of his good looks, and easy going personality :lol: Also, they couldn't wait to get rid of Blaiser too.

Doug McKenzie

Post by Doug McKenzie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:06 am

Like I have said before he would make a good referee. Fat, can't skate, and thinks he knows it all. :wink:

whos_it

Post by whos_it » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Puckguy19 wrote:
whos_it wrote:I played intramural hockey at Moorhead State . . . but I was not convinced he was such a good person as a college student.
Not sure I've ever met a "good person" who would own up to attending Moorhead State. By the way, call intramural hockey at Moorhead State what it was ~ BEER LEAGUE! :twisted:
Well, you managed to call the 10's of thousands of Moorhead State grads "not good people". Unfortunately, I'll open the door to you ripping a few thousand more by pointing out that our team was made up of BEER LEAGUERS from Concordia College and NDSU so rip away. All of our NHL careers didn't go as far as your's obviously. Still playing some beer league hockey today and loving every minute of it and haven't had to cheap shot a guy in the face the entire time to get back on post.

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:11 pm

whos_it wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote:
Well, you managed to call the 10's of thousands of Moorhead State grads "not good people". Unfortunately, I'll open the door to you ripping a few thousand more by pointing out that our team was made up of BEER LEAGUERS from Concordia College and NDSU so rip away. All of our NHL careers didn't go as far as your's obviously. Still playing some beer league hockey today and loving every minute of it and haven't had to cheap shot a guy in the face the entire time to get back on post.
Congratulations on your NHL career! Just having one is better than my experience. I just dislike the term intramural. Just be honest, beer league tends to evolve, at times, into thuggery and buffoonery. :shock:

whos_it

Post by whos_it » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:30 am

Puckguy19 wrote:
whos_it wrote:
Puckguy19 wrote:
Congratulations on your NHL career! Just having one is better than my experience. I just dislike the term intramural. Just be honest, beer league tends to evolve, at times, into thuggery and buffoonery. :shock:
AGREED!!!

Odysseus

Doug

Post by Odysseus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

This Doug Mckenzie guy is a joke, one of those old guys from Roseau that just sits around at the legion all day talking PLEASE BAN ME about people. I would say Oliver did a pretty good job with good assistants around him to bring the Rams to 3 tournaments. That 07 team might of been pretty bad, just gives him more credit.

watchdog

Post by watchdog » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 pm

im from roseau never had a problem with the guy but putting a 9th grader on elite 1 to score brownie points with the dad is going way to far in my book. if the league had any integrity at all it would have put a stop to it.