Edina won the Junior Gold A championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

StayAtHomeD wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
StayAtHomeD wrote: Totally agree, in fact the best JGA teams would beat MOST Varsity AA teams IMO. Teams like White Bear, Stillwater, Woodbury, Tartan would get thumped pretty good by Edina or Wayzata. Again, these teams are a special circumstance from associations with such an abundance of really good hockey players there just isn't enough spots for them.

These Jr Gold players are hungry and game tested, they play about twice as many games as the Varsity.
Put down the BONG and come back to earth. Yes the best JGA teams would beat some High School varsity teams, but you better bring your standards down a bit. How about Rosemount, East Ridge, SLP, and TG.
I'll bet you haven't seen Edina's JGA play right? I've seen all the varsity teams I've mentioned and I've seen Edina's JGA and I stand by the comment.

None of you made the state tourney and I haven't been impressed with any. I am impressed by Edina JGA however.
Have seen Edinas JGA team play...against my sons JGA team...1 goal game...against other JGA teams yes they were the best...against the above mentioned teams...yes they would do good...that`s it! I`m not knocking Edina,we have some friends on the team...i am though knocking this stupid thread,i agree put the bong down...sober up and get real!! Maybe next year they can have the JGA teams play their associations JV teams,that might be a little more realistic :wink: :roll:
NipeShow8

Post by NipeShow8 »

after both playing on the edina jga team and watching some mid level varsity like whote bear, theres no way we would "thump" them at all...itd be maybe a 5 2 game for those mid level teams
JGA State Champs 2009 and 2010
StayAtHomeD

Post by StayAtHomeD »

I apologize if I offended anyone in this debate. Sometimes I don't word things properly or get my meaning across correctly.

I can see it means a lot to many of you to feel superior to JGA teams.

Since they will never get a chance to play I guess this discussion is pretty much a waste of time.

In 5 years 99.5% of Varsity and JGA players will be doing something else and maybe .05% will ever make a dollar playing hockey.

Worthless topic I agree.