New Teams/Folded Teams/Team Changes

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

NumberCruncher

New Teams/Folded Teams/Team Changes

Post by NumberCruncher »

Are there any new teams this year?
What conference/section are they in?
Are any teams gone that were around last year?
Are there any teams changing conferences/sections?
That is all,
NumberCruncher
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

St. Bernard's closed but that might not affect the St. Paul Saints co-op too much as I'm sure quite a number of those players transferred to other schools within the co-op. Concordia-Roseville and St. Agnes would be my guesses for which schools gained the most former St. Bernards students. There was an article in the Pioneer Press about where their athletes are going but I don't want to dig it up online.

It's sad to see St. Bernards go. As a Catholic, the small Catholic school environment is the way to go.
Tony Soprano

Post by Tony Soprano »

brandy, the word is that the St. Paul Saints co-op will only field a varsity team this year. Many of the St. Bernard's players ended up at Concordia Academy. Yes, it is really sad that St. Bernard's closed, but now it is time to move on for many of those students.
northwoods oldtimer

Denfeld/Central

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Most folks know that Denfeld/Central school in Duluth merged programs. According to sources the team will play 7A level rather than step up to 7AA where they belong.
karl(east)

Re: Denfeld/Central

Post by karl(east) »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:Most folks know that Denfeld/Central school in Duluth merged programs. According to sources the team will play 7A level rather than step up to 7AA where they belong.
Well put. :mrgreen:

Other changes that I know of:
-Walker, etc. has formed a co-op with Park Rapids.
-Chanhassen has separated from Chaska.
-Princeton has dropped Milaca from its co-op and has dropped to A.

There are probably more.