6A Predictions?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

in2hockey

6A Predictions?

Post by in2hockey »

Top teams in 6A???
wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 »

1. Alexandria
2. Little Falls

After that, doesn't really matter.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

6A vs. 3A.

Who wins?
The U invented swagger.
wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 »

probably a tight match up. 6a squeaks it out.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Sounds right, what about Fergus and Willmar?
wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 »

don't see either of them coming out of the section, barring a couple of upsets in the playoffs.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

i can see willmar coming out of 6A this year
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Willmar was decent last year, do they return most of their team? What will Sartell have?
wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 »

Sartell lost 11 seniors, Willmar lost 10.
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

Have to see some teams play, but have to go with my home team always. Will people step up and take the team farther then they did the last? It's almost high school hockey season and I can't wait to be back in MN, and watching a sport that actually means something to a state!
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
FlyerFan12

Post by FlyerFan12 »

Gregory and company lead little falls to section championship
deucereppin

Post by deucereppin »

I do not see Alex coming out on top. They lost their entire first two lines from last year. Willmar does return their top three point getters but lost everything on the defensive side.
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

What will happen with Wadena's team this year?
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

BSUBeaver wrote:What will happen with Wadena's team this year?
I was told that they will be using Long Prairie's ice until they can put some sort of cover over their arena. It will be a temporary cover for this year (tent) and they will only practice there. Games will be played elsewhere (LP). That's second hand so don't be surprised if it turns out differently.
zooomx

Post by zooomx »

I am going to go with my hometown team in Alexandria. Looks like most of the contenders have lost key players. Alexandria looks good in goal and the Cards will continue on with their solid team defense. Goal scoring will be a challenge, so it will be a hard fought section, but I think Alex comes out on top with Little Falls and Willmar right behind.

Sartell might still surprise as they do have strong numbers in their association to develop the next wave of varsity skaters.
zooomx

Post by zooomx »

I do feel for the Wadena folks. Their are countless human tragedies that can't be overlooked, but the hockey association has a long road ahead of them to get back on their feet. It sounds like they are 2-3 years out, at best, to get indoor ice. Tough economic times to try to get anything done on that front. It's a shame, because from what I have seen, they ran a nice program and are great people.
defense

Post by defense »

zooomx wrote:I do feel for the Wadena folks. Their are countless human tragedies that can't be overlooked, but the hockey association has a long road ahead of them to get back on their feet. It sounds like they are 2-3 years out, at best, to get indoor ice. Tough economic times to try to get anything done on that front. It's a shame, because from what I have seen, they ran a nice program and are great people.
I thought the Legistlature and governor just passed a bill that had some money in it for Wadena's "community center".....
Good luck this year, Wadena.
DanglinDMan27

Post by DanglinDMan27 »

1. LF
2. Willmar
3. Sartell
4. Alex
5. FF
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

defense wrote: I thought the Legistlature and governor just passed a bill that had some money in it for Wadena's "community center".....
Good luck this year, Wadena.
They did, but there is a "power struggle" going on between the City Council and the Hockey Association over who controls the insurance money from the Community Center. Basically the City Council passed a resolution the nothing of public value can be built in SW Wadena until next spring. Ideally, they want to put the new high school and community center together in one building. The hockey association wanted to get a structure built right away to protect the concrete slab and ice making equipment. The last I had read online in the Wadena Pioneer Journal is that they were going to allow the Hockey Association to put a "bubble" over the slab and equipment, so there will be some "indoor" ice in Wadena this year.
tweisguy

Post by tweisguy »

A few weeks ago I'd have taken alex hands down. But after hearing that Little Falls beat hibbing 6-1 on friday and seeing them in person on saturday, I now feel they should be the clear cut favorite to represent section 6a.
DanglinDMan27

Post by DanglinDMan27 »

Does anyone know when the first head to head section games are?
andreloussier

here's who's in action next in 6a

Post by andreloussier »

Tuesday-

Detroit Lakes at Fergus Falls
Willmar at Morris/Benson
Wadena-DC at Litchfield
Northern Lakes at Brainerd
Prairie Centre at River Lakes
andreloussier

score & up and coming games

Post by andreloussier »

Thursday-

Alexandria 3 Willmar 2
Little Falls 3 Sartell 1
Detroit Lakes 4 Prairie Centre 2
Fergus Falls 2 Sauk Rapids 1
River Lakes 5 St Cloud Apollo 4

Friday-

Prairie Centre at Litchfield

Saturday-

Wadena-DC at Kittson Central
Red Wing at Fergus Falls
Morris/Benson at Windom
Monticello at Northern Lakes
Bemidji at St Cloud Apollo
Hutchinson at Willmar
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

I have not seen many teams but Alexandria sure is different this year. Not as talented as other years but they sure threw the body around and hustled pretty well. The threw more body checks in the one game I saw than the last 2 years combined! lol
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

DanglinDMan27 wrote:1. LF
2. Willmar
3. Sartell
4. Alex
5. FF
You can through them all in a hat right now. I think this section will come down to who has the best goaltending and can keep healthy...