Edina vs. Burnsville Thursday

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Winner?

Burnsville
40%
Edina
60%

Total votes: 25

starmvp

Edina vs. Burnsville Thursday

Post by starmvp »

A big Section 2AA rival tomorrow. Although it's early in the season, this game could have a significant impact on the end of the year seedings. Thoughts and opinions?
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Burnsville uses their confidence from the last game.

Blaze 3-1.
Always celly hard.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

I forgot to give my prediction. 4-2 Blaze. Game is at Braemar at 7:00.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Hornets by two.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

hornets physical play will be very tough to beat on a small rink. fast and big is a hard combination beat.

Hornets by 3
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Cake-eaters over the Braves 4 - 2.
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

Janne Kilvalhame 5
Curt Giles 4
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

This may indeed come down to coaching because player for player burnsville is in real trouble. The beauty of team sports is that sometimes the TEAM CAN BE BETTER THAN THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS. Edina is loaded period. Burnsville while a nice team can not match up with them individually, but a hot goalie and a good game plan and you never know.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Amazing finish to this one if you haven't heard. Edina down 4-3 with 4 minutes left and a nice pass from Sit to Cote tied it up. Edina kept pressuring and Cote got a rebound goal with .9 seconds left to win. Tough to see Burnsville lose like that but it was a great game.
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

starmvp wrote:Amazing finish to this one if you haven't heard. Edina down 4-3 with 4 minutes left and a nice pass from Sit to Cote tied it up. Edina kept pressuring and Cote got a rebound goal with .9 seconds left to win. Tough to see Burnsville lose like that but it was a great game.
I would assume this game was played in Edina. If I was running the clock this sort of thing would never happen! :lol:
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:
starmvp wrote:Amazing finish to this one if you haven't heard. Edina down 4-3 with 4 minutes left and a nice pass from Sit to Cote tied it up. Edina kept pressuring and Cote got a rebound goal with .9 seconds left to win. Tough to see Burnsville lose like that but it was a great game.
I would assume this game was played in Edina. If I was running the clock this sort of thing would never happen! :lol:
I was watching the clock. It was actually about 2 seconds :lol:
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

starmvp wrote:
FREDFLINTSTONE wrote:
I was watching the clock. It was actually about 2 seconds :lol:
:wink:
standout4thlinejver

Post by standout4thlinejver »

I was really hopeful that Burnsville put pull another early season upset. They sure don't schedule a soft non conference schedule. Hill, Edina, Wayzata and they get AHA in the Schawns Cup.