Low At East Grand Forks..

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pondhockey37

Low At East Grand Forks..

Post by Pondhockey37 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Can lawdermilt mack and sophmore Tommy Hajicek over power lyon?

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I hope not. LOW showed they definitely have good defense when they played against Warroad. Would be nice to see them get an 8A win here.

Pondhockey37

?

Post by Pondhockey37 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

you think LOW can beat east grand forks fair and square?

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't have a very informed opinion of either team. All I know that that LOW allowed one goal to a top Class A team in the state, of which EGF is not. They did not score, though, so that does not say much about what will happen, but I'm sure LOW will be able to keep it close.

What do you mean by "fair and square"? Is LOW known for cheating of some sort or something?

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Score?

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 pm

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 wrote:Score?
They play Saturday...

LOW 3
EGF 1

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 pm

oh, I'll take EGF

defense

Post by defense » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:12 pm

I'll take the team from East Grand Forks. I will also take them for the section 8 title....

Pondhockey37

Post by Pondhockey37 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm going with egf 5-1 I've heard great things about there top line. And what I meant about fair and square is just a straight up old fashioned high school hockey game.

low66

Post by low66 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Pondhockey37 wrote:I'm going with egf 5-1 I've heard great things about there top line. And what I meant about fair and square is just a straight up old fashioned high school hockey game.
if warroad only put up one against lyon, i definately dont see egf putting up 5. im going with lyon and the bears 3-1 against egf

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:07 am

low66 wrote:
Pondhockey37 wrote:I'm going with egf 5-1 I've heard great things about there top line. And what I meant about fair and square is just a straight up old fashioned high school hockey game.
if warroad only put up one against lyon, i definately dont see egf putting up 5. im going with lyon and the bears 3-1 against egf
I think you are putting a little too much faith in Warroad's reputation and not what their product is on the ice this year, not the same team this year as in the past. Will Lyon be a factor, ABSOLUTELY! but LOW can also generate the shots at the other end. I am not going to predict a score but I will take the home team in a tight one.

wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 am

Air Force 1 wrote:
low66 wrote:
I think you are putting a little too much faith in Warroad's reputation and not what their product is on the ice this year, not the same team this year as in the past. Will Lyon be a factor, ABSOLUTELY! but LOW can also generate the shots at the other end. I am not going to predict a score but I will take the home team in a tight one.
everyone goes down this road with warroad...every year it seems like they're just not the same team, yet they always end up down at the x. it's a bit early to be saying their "product" is inferior to other years, especially when they have yet to lose. i understand you're from the east side, but you have to be honest with yourself. warroad is going to end up being good enough in the end. that's how it always is, as much as it annoys me. i'm excited to see how they do against some solid teams this weekend.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:10 am

EGF by 3

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:34 am

wolfpack33 wrote:
Air Force 1 wrote:
low66 wrote:
everyone goes down this road with warroad...every year it seems like they're just not the same team, yet they always end up down at the x. it's a bit early to be saying their "product" is inferior to other years, especially when they have yet to lose. i understand you're from the east side, but you have to be honest with yourself. warroad is going to end up being good enough in the end. that's how it always is, as much as it annoys me. i'm excited to see how they do against some solid teams this weekend.
Elliott, thanks for the faith!

The Warroad/LOW game leads me to ask this question: Is LOW that good or is Warroad slipping? Warroad had 39 SOG to LOW's 18, the Elite goalie held LOW in this but maybe the rest of the team could have done more offensively to be more of a factor?

Yes, Warroad has a great schedule this week going to Grand Rapids and Hibbing, then hosting Bemidji on Tuesday, then to EGF on Friday. We'll have to see how they do against those three to see if the Mound, Orono, and LOW games say anything about the quality of those teams and the Warroad team.

As for right now the game that matters is LOW at EGF on Saturday and this could be an early indicator who is a contender and who is the pretender in 8A. I cannot wait to see it.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:43 am

Air Force 1 wrote:
wolfpack33 wrote:
Air Force 1 wrote:
low66 wrote:
Elliott, thanks for the faith!

The Warroad/LOW game leads me to ask this question: Is LOW that good or is Warroad slipping? Warroad had 39 SOG to LOW's 18, the Elite goalie held LOW in this but maybe the rest of the team could have done more offensively to be more of a factor?

Yes, Warroad has a great schedule this week going to Grand Rapids and Hibbing, then hosting Bemidji on Tuesday, then to EGF on Friday. We'll have to see how they do against those three to see if the Mound, Orono, and LOW games say anything about the quality of those teams and the Warroad team.

As for right now the game that matters is LOW at EGF on Saturday and this could be an early indicator who is a contender and who is the pretender in 8A. I cannot wait to see it.
Can't wait for your post game analysis.

Rkhockey_7

Post by Rkhockey_7 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:22 am

LOW 2-1

MNHockey_6

Post by MNHockey_6 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:25 am

I would be surprised if LOW doesn't win by 4 and Warroad is over rated.

Goal

Post by Goal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 am

I would agree that Warroad is rated a little to high right now, but think they will more than likely be a threat come playoff time. As for the LOW-EGF game I think Lyon will have to stand on his head and it still might not be enough for them.
EGF 3
LOW 0

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:25 am

Getting ready to go to the rink, JV game faces off at 1:00 PM.

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am

Air Force 1 wrote:Getting ready to go to the rink, JV game faces off at 1:00 PM.
Great AF.

Can you do updates of the varsity game from the Rink?

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:28 pm

TTpuckster wrote:
Air Force 1 wrote:Getting ready to go to the rink, JV game faces off at 1:00 PM.
Great AF.

I could have, but I couldn't type because I was one of the goal judges.

4-2 EGF over LOW, outshot LOW 40-11.

LOW got on the board first in the first on a 5 on 3 powerplay and that is how the first ended. EGF had a chance early in the second on their own 5 on 3 and although they milked every second they could out of it, the couldn't get it past Lyon. EGF finally got on the board by creating a lot of traffic in front and scoring on the second or third shot. Soon after that they got the second goal. EGF got another 5 on 3 opportunity and this time as able to capitalize.

The Hajicek(2)/Lawdermilt/Mack(1) line had 3 goals and Mero cashed in from the blue line. The defensive corps played well keeping the middle pretty clean and forcing long or poor angle shots.

For Lyon, he is the MAN for LOW but his team has to generate some offense of some type. Even though they scored two, 11 shots ain't gonna cut it and Lyon can only do so much. Lyon has a fantastic glove, if you beat him on that side, save the puck and get him to autograph it after the game because he doesn't give up much there.

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Air Force 1 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
Great AF.

I could have, but I couldn't type because I was one of the goal judges.

4-2 EGF over LOW, outshot LOW 40-11.

LOW got on the board first in the first on a 5 on 3 powerplay and that is how the first ended. EGF had a chance early in the second on their own 5 on 3 and although they milked every second they could out of it, the couldn't get it past Lyon. EGF finally got on the board by creating a lot of traffic in front and scoring on the second or third shot. Soon after that they got the second goal. EGF got another 5 on 3 opportunity and this time as able to capitalize.

The Hajicek(2)/Lawdermilt/Mack(1) line had 3 goals and Mero cashed in from the blue line. The defensive corps played well keeping the middle pretty clean and forcing long or poor angle shots.

For Lyon, he is the MAN for LOW but his team has to generate some offense of some type. Even though they scored two, 11 shots ain't gonna cut it and Lyon can only do so much. Lyon has a fantastic glove, if you beat him on that side, save the puck and get him to autograph it after the game because he doesn't give up much there.

Nice summary.

Sounds more and more like 8A is up for Grabs..

toddy101

Post by toddy101 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Pretty accurate summary. LOW was missing D Isaac Bitter (which hurt a bit). Offense was not being generated very well for LOW, and EGF was moving the puck around well. EGF is a good team this year.