Mississippi 8?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gopherfan202120

Mississippi 8?

Post by gopherfan202120 »

Is there anyone standing out in the Mississippi 8?
lidstrom24

Post by lidstrom24 »

No one at all. By far the worst conference in the whole state. Princeton hasnt beat anyone good and got throbbed by cloquet the other night. Buffalo still doing nothing. Would not be proud at all to win this conference.
gopherfan202120

anything good about rogers and buffalo's first 3 out of 4 games were against top 10 teams but granted the scores werent great
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

delete
Last edited by Thehockeyplaya on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gopherfan202120

it will be good to see buffalo open up conference play beginning tomorrow but other than that it looks as if most other teams arent starting until later
MrBoDangles

Re: Mississippi 8?

Post by MrBoDangles »

gopherfan202120 wrote:Is there anyone standing out in the Mississippi 8?
Standing on? Cambridge-Isanti will be a doormat for many years to come.

They do have a .500 b-1 Bantam team to pull from next year!!!! What a joke for a AA HS progam..... Eh steelheader?
puckulence

Post by puckulence »

Yeah a .500 Bantam B1 team...how is their A team...oh wait they don't have one. They have no talent development in that town and I agree they will struggle for years to come.

As far as Rogers goes they have lost a lot of talent from the Bantam A team from 2 seasons ago. 1 kid is in the USHL with the Bucs, 1 is playing in Omaha. Their best defense man quit this year, and another one got hit by the transfer rule and is out. They will probably win the conference again this year (nothing to be proud of) but will get killed in sections.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Monticello beat Cambridge 8-1......... What's going on with Cambridge, Steelheader?
steelheader

Post by steelheader »

Wasn't at the Cambridge/ Monticello game, but obviously CI goaltending was awful. Looks like they outshot Monti 30-24 and lost 8-1!! And Torrel didn't even score.

Too bad, Saturday's game against Rogers could have meant something for CI, but not now. They had a chance to make it as interesting as last year.

The M8 is WAY down on talent this year, so no way Rogers will lose more than one conference game . And most likely goes undefeated.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

puckulence wrote:Yeah a .500 Bantam B1 team...how is their A team...oh wait they don't have one. They have no talent development in that town and I agree they will struggle for years to come.

As far as Rogers goes they have lost a lot of talent from the Bantam A team from 2 seasons ago. 1 kid is in the USHL with the Bucs, 1 is playing in Omaha. Their best defense man quit this year, and another one got hit by the transfer rule and is out. They will probably win the conference again this year (nothing to be proud of) but will get killed in sections.
Not so sure they are going to killed in sections, yes M8 is down but the Rogers players have found their identity. They may have lost a lot of players, but two of them never played for the program so no loss there. The forward that left is overrated and is playing for some scrub team in Nebraska. He was picked up by a NAHL team in New Mexico and was released before he even played a game. The transfer kid ya he had talent, but is such a head case he would be worse for the team to have than not have. From what I hear he is out of high school now. Rogers will get the #2 and have the opportunity to play two home games this year and if they get to the finals they travel all the way to Champlin not bad.
Rogers is 11-1 since their 5 game losing streak giving up 16 goals. Since everybody thinks they should not be good they just might do it because of that.
puckulence

Post by puckulence »

royals03 wrote:Not so sure they are going to killed in sections, yes M8 is down but the Rogers players have found their identity. They may have lost a lot of players, but two of them never played for the program so no loss there. The forward that left is overrated and is playing for some scrub team in Nebraska. He was picked up by a NAHL team in New Mexico and was released before he even played a game. The transfer kid ya he had talent, but is such a head case he would be worse for the team to have than not have. From what I hear he is out of high school now. Rogers will get the #2 and have the opportunity to play two home games this year and if they get to the finals they travel all the way to Champlin not bad.
Rogers is 11-1 since their 5 game losing streak giving up 16 goals. Since everybody thinks they should not be good they just might do it because of that.
First of all you are a completely wrong about 90% of your points you put here. The kid did get picked up by a NA team but they had to drop him cause the rosters were frozen. Oh and he tendered with them for next year too. And to call him overrated shows how much of a joker you are. You are probably not even good enough to tape his sticks.

Secondly, to say it is not a loss because "they never played for the program" is completely ridiculous. How can you say they never played for the program? The youth program is part of the high school program, because that is where they develop skill and feed into the high school. It was a tremendous loss for Rogers to loss these players. Then to say it is not a loss is out right stupid. Any high school coach would love to have a kid that is good enough to play in the USHL (AS A JUNIOR) on his high school team.

Last of all I just want to thank you for allowing me to laugh. You are so out of line about these kids it is hilarious. To put a kid down who is having issues is not right. You should hope he gets it figured out, so he can help the team next year. You are an adult putting a kid down, so I hope it helped your self-esteem.

I wish the boys the best of luck, but they got a tough road to go. Cathedral in the semi-finals will be a hard game for them to win to get the honor of playing in the section final. I bet the boys on this team would love to have the kids that moved programs for their run at sections, but just remember you said that they weren't that big of a loss.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

puckulence wrote:
royals03 wrote:Not so sure they are going to killed in sections, yes M8 is down but the Rogers players have found their identity. They may have lost a lot of players, but two of them never played for the program so no loss there. The forward that left is overrated and is playing for some scrub team in Nebraska. He was picked up by a NAHL team in New Mexico and was released before he even played a game. The transfer kid ya he had talent, but is such a head case he would be worse for the team to have than not have. From what I hear he is out of high school now. Rogers will get the #2 and have the opportunity to play two home games this year and if they get to the finals they travel all the way to Champlin not bad.
First of all you are a completely wrong about 90% of your points you put here. The kid did get picked up by a NA team but they had to drop him cause the rosters were frozen. Oh and he tendered with them for next year too. And to call him overrated shows how much of a joker you are. You are probably not even good enough to tape his sticks.

Secondly, to say it is not a loss because "they never played for the program" is completely ridiculous. How can you say they never played for the program? The youth program is part of the high school program, because that is where they develop skill and feed into the high school. It was a tremendous loss for Rogers to loss these players. Then to say it is not a loss is out right stupid. Any high school coach would love to have a kid that is good enough to play in the USHL (AS A JUNIOR) on his high school team.

Last of all I just want to thank you for allowing me to laugh. You are so out of line about these kids it is hilarious. To put a kid down who is having issues is not right. You should hope he gets it figured out, so he can help the team next year. You are an adult putting a kid down, so I hope it helped your self-esteem.

I wish the boys the best of luck, but they got a tough road to go. Cathedral in the semi-finals will be a hard game for them to win to get the honor of playing in the section final. I bet the boys on this team would love to have the kids that moved programs for their run at sections, but just remember you said that they weren't that big of a loss.
Mr. Puckulence you completely missed the point, you are right they did play for the youth program. However they never played for the HS program so in essence I am correct the High School can not miss what they never had. Would those players be a great addition to this team, well yes but we will never know because it is clear they feel they are better than this program by leaving it. Ask the players if they would like those kids here maybe one or two may say yes, but the truth is those kids left their team mates behind to try to find their own personal glory. Now if the two programs are one in the same why didn't anyone from the youth program stand up to try to get those individuals to stay or better yet why didn't they stay on their own for at least a year or two.
You maybe right I may not be good enough to tape a kids stick that leaves the greatest state of hockey to go play on some U16 team. Let me ask you this do you personally think all those players made the right decision? I do not, yes one is in the USHL.
Let us go back a few years and talk about a player that actually stayed at Rogers through his Junior year and still was able to have success. Yes that is right Nick Jensen 1 year of Juniors gets scholarship to ST Cloud State, 2 years of jrs and he is drafted by the Detroit Red Wings.
As far as picking on a kid I do not think pointing out facts is picking on a kid I never mentioned his name. I have heard he has been into a lot of trouble. You can not tell me that he would not be a distraction to the team. Yes I do hope he gets help and turns his life around, but I do not see that individual playing for Rogers next year. I would not put a keg of TnT on my team in his senior year if I was the coach.
Here is the way I look at it there are plenty of kids that stay with their high school teams through their junior year if not their senior year and still get scholarships so why did these 3 players feel it so necessary to leave at such an early age. Proof is in the pudding Rogers did not hurt Jensen's path so why would anyone think that these kids staying would have suffered. The only suffering going on now is the fact one is pretty much out of hockey, another is playing U16 and yes one is somewhat succesful playing in half of his teams games putting up large numbers in the penalty minutes category.
A successful high school program does not exist with out a succesful youth program and vice versa, so if you want to preach one in the same get the youth program to support the hs program. :evil:
Do not listen to me though I am not even good enough to tape your son's stick. You make me laugh too. :lol:
puckulence

Post by puckulence »

No I definitely got your point. And you are right you didn't name names but you sure did not leave much to the imagination on who you are talking about. Everyone in the town of Rogers knows who you are calling out. You're an adult and he is a kid, so leave him alone. And you're right he probably won't play next year, we can all thank the best athletic director in the state for that. (insert gag here)

To say only two kids wish these players were still there is probably not correct either. I would bet money you ask the players if they wished these boys were still there and they would say yes. So that being said maybe 2 would say no...so I guess we can agree to disagree on this topic.

The player in the USHL is 110th on the NHL draft list for this year, and will also get a full ride to college. The other player that left will be fine as well. Tendered with New Mexico, and sounds like USHL teams are interested in him as well. So obviously these paths would appear to be working. They may have picked a road that YOU don't like, but they are still from Rogers and did play for the program...oops youth program. Since you clearly want to differentiate these two programs.

The conference Rogers is in currently hurts them in trying to keep players. The M8 is significantly weaker then it was a couple years ago. (Comparing to when Jensen played) Rogers should never win a conference game by less then 4 or 5 goals. I am taking nothing away from Rogers, but the M8 is honestly one of the worst conferences in the state this year. Put Rogers in the NWSC or the Classic Lake and they are a middle of the pack team at best, and there is no way you can disagree with that fact.
[/b]
royals03

Post by royals03 »

No I definitely got your point. And you are right you didn't name names but you sure did not leave much to the imagination on who you are talking about. Everyone in the town of Rogers knows who you are calling out. You're an adult and he is a kid, so leave him alone. And you're right he probably won't play next year, we can all thank the best athletic director in the state for that. (insert gag here)
You have a hard time answering my questions do you or don't you support the high school program? Do not blame the conference either, because they do a good job of scheduling good non-conference games. Tell me that you think the kids that left could not have made it to Junior A's or a D1 program by staying at least through their jr years.
By the way not sure if you know this or not but this forum is not put on by Rogers youth hockey so the chances that everyone knows the kid's problems is not from me, but from that individuals actions. You would have to be completely ignorant to think that most everybody does not already know the issues with that individual. As far as me picking on a kid, I do not think pointing out what someone did is picking on a kid. Now maybe if this person's parents stood up and actually did some parenting and did not try to blame everyone else (AD) for his problems he would not be in this situation. Everyone wants to baby these kids and than wonders why they can not make it once they are away from home.
I can see you are a big supporter of these 3 players and that is great, you can be a supporter of them, without supporting their decision to leave early.
My point is this I do not see the gain by leaving so early and rightfully so one is not even skating right now and another left to play for a U16 team are you kidding me. I am going to bet that there are kids that stayed and will still go on to play hockey after high school. Now the real question is which one of the kid's parents are you. :?
The two programs are different one is youth the other is High School and until people in the youth program start supporting the HS program they will always seem to be divided. why would you think they are one if the players are not staying to play? :?
Yes they are Rogers kids that does not mean that I have to cheer for them now does it. For one the difference between these 3 players and Jensen is this. He was a team player and these 3 are solely out for themselves. I cheer for the team not the individuals :evil:
mclovinu

mississippi 8

Post by mclovinu »

Royals03 it's obvious you have a personal interest in or with the staff of the high school program which is OK everyone is entitled to their opinion, But for you to come on here and brow beat 3 kids for the decision they made to better themselves is wrong. Therefore your statement that implies the youth program should support the high school is off the mark shouldn't it be the other way around? From what I understand there were the 3 kids that left that you mentioned and another 6 or 7 that have quit after playing 1 or 2 years of high school hockey in Rogers, there are other problems in the high school program that should be looked into. :twisted:
royals03

Post by royals03 »

I do not think I brow beat the kids that left. I just made statements that I do not think a player should leave early for anything less than Tier 1 Junior A. Leaving to go play hockey is not that simple there is a lot to it. Just because a kid has the talent to leave does not mean they have the maturity to do so.
As far as the kids that quite over the last few years, I do not think you want to open that can of worms. Just look at the trouble those individuals got in to. I know that I am probably talking to the same individuals that love to bash the hs program on one hand and act like they support it on the other. The fact of the matter is, is this when the whole program started and the hs opened up everyone seemed excited and then some kids did not end up where they thought they would be and that means it must be the hs program that is messed up.
Let us never look at the kids and what they do to prepare themselves in the off season just blame someone else when they do not reach their full potential. Now riddle me this mclovinu tell me how two out of the three individuals is bettering themselves. U16's vs high school and like I have said the other is not playing right now anywhere as far as I know. Yes one is doing good things and that is great, but do you really think it is a good idea to be such a big supporter to leaving so early when the success rate seems to be low. When I mean early that is before ever stepping foot on the ice with a high school program or leaving to go play U16. You would probably get just as many looks staying at Rogers as you do playing U16 in Nebraska.
royals03

Post by royals03 »

Kids that leave after 1 or 2 years usually do so because the writing is on the wall, they are not good enough or are not willing to to put in the time to reach that next level. Now your come back will probably be that oh they were good enough they did not like the coaching staff. Right what kid likes coaches that do not play them because they are not good enough. :shock:
CB00

Post by CB00 »

Royals 3

I know all the kids you are referring to. Maybe you should worry about your own and not worry about what others are doing. They made their own decisions, not you. Maybe it would be different if your kid was good enough to have to make one of these decisions, not. I know it was difficult decisions for all these families and they felt it was the best decision at that time.. Can't go back. I wish well to all the players, where ever they went and for reasons other than hockey. Best of luck to the remaining JV Elks (Rogers) in sections.

Shut this thread down.