White Bear Lake/ HILL Thursday GET THERE EARLY

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WBL vs Hill

Poll ended at Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:20 am

WBL
51%
HILL
49%

Total votes: 43

Northsider

Post by Northsider »

Da Bears 0
The Pride of the East Side 6

I think the Pioneers will put on a nice show to show our gratitude for building Aldrich North for us.
Hill-Murray>Public Schools>All Other Privates
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Re: HM - WBL

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

stpaul wrote:Let's let history be our guide when predicting the outcome of this game.

12/6/05 - HM 1, WBL 0
3/3/06 - HM 5, WBL 4, 2OT
12/5/06 - HM 2, WBL 1, OT
12/28/06 - HM 3, WBL 2
3/2/07 - HM 3, WBL 1.
12/22/07 - HM 5, WBL 2
12/27/07 - HM 6, WBL 3
2/29/08 - HM 2, WBL 1
12/23/08 - HM 5, WBL 2
3/4/09 - HM 5, WBL 4, OT
12/15/09 - HM 5, WBL 0
12/30/09 - HM 4, WBL 3
3/5/10 - HM 5, WBL 1
I think you've posted this every single thread, it's time for some new material old man. :roll:

Alright Bears fans, it's time to rally around your team. We've got a brand new rink, closer to home. Let's show Hill-Murray what its like to actually have a city to call their own. 8)

We're coming for you, and all 14 of your fans.
Always celly hard.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
stpaul wrote:Let's let history be our guide when predicting the outcome of this game.

12/6/05 - HM 1, WBL 0
12/28/06 - HM 3, WBL 2
3/2/07 - HM 3, WBL 1.
12/22/07 - HM 5, WBL 2
12/27/07 - HM 6, WBL 3
2/29/08 - HM 2, WBL 1
12/23/08 - HM 5, WBL 2
3/4/09 - HM 5, WBL 4, OT
12/15/09 - HM 5, WBL 0
12/30/09 - HM 4, WBL 3
3/5/10 - HM 5, WBL 1
I think you've posted this every single thread, it's time for some new material old man. :roll:

Alright Bears fans, it's time to rally around your team. We've got a brand new rink, closer to home. Let's show Hill-Murray what its like to actually have a city to call their own. 8)

=D>
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

old goalie85 wrote:White Bear 5 East Side Allstars 1
:lol:
stpaul

HM - WBL

Post by stpaul »

"...it's time for some new material old man."

This list never gets old. It just keeps getting bigger.

14 fans? I think you meant to say 14 straight.

Hey WBL fans, look on the bright side. It could be worse. You could be Stillwater and only get to play Hill-Murray in a big game just once every decade or so.

puckster99

Post by puckster99 »

White Bear will win this game by 2-3 goals
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

stpaul wrote:"...it's time for some new material old man."

This list never gets old. It just keeps getting bigger.

14 fans? I think you meant to say 14 straight.

Hey WBL fans, look on the bright side. It could be worse. You could be Stillwater and only get to play Hill-Murray in a big game just once every decade or so.
No I meant fans. As in, the Hill-Murray pioneers have the least amount of school spirit in AA, they bring out 8 student fans per home game and then talk a lot as if they really support their team. As far as I can tell the stands are filled with your average parents, and then the three or four ornery old men on the hockey forums living out their lost high school dreams by mocking everyone one who isn't for their team.

Everybody's tough on the internet, eh?

As far as I'm concerned, the White Bear Lake v. Hill-Murray record is 100-0 in White Bear's favor based solely on the fact that they have and will continue to make better memories. I'd rather lose to Hill-Murray 14 times then have to watch a hockey game in the quiet, empty bleachers at a Pioneers home game.

I wanna see some posts from some serious Bears fans, because I don't know how much longer I'm gonna be able to laugh at stpaul and PPG just by myself. :roll:
Always celly hard.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Bullgod wrote:
wblhockeyfan8 wrote:

12/6/05 - HM 1, WBL 0
12/28/06 - HM 3, WBL 2
3/2/07 - HM 3, WBL 1.
12/22/07 - HM 5, WBL 2
12/27/07 - HM 6, WBL 3
2/29/08 - HM 2, WBL 1
12/23/08 - HM 5, WBL 2
3/4/09 - HM 5, WBL 4, OT
12/15/09 - HM 5, WBL 0
12/30/09 - HM 4, WBL 3
3/5/10 - HM 5, WBL 1

own. 8Alright Bears fans, it's time to rally around your team. We've got a brand new rink, closer to home. Let's show Hill-Murray what its like to actually have a city to call their )

Hey Dumbass,
The new arena isn't in White Bear,it's in Vadnais
Splitting hairs. :roll:

Plus, I don't think it even says it's in White Bear? It says 'closer to home'.
Always celly hard.
stpaul

HM - WBL

Post by stpaul »

Hey there wblhockeyfan8 – lighten up Francis. Fact is this has been a great rivalry for a long time. HM has had the upper hand during the past 5 years (13-0 if you don’t remember) but WBL went 8-4 in the 5 years before that. Maybe you are too young to remember. HM players, coaches & fans have a lot of respect for WBL. Tim Sager is a good coach, his teams play hard and are considerably more classy than some other schools (Stillwater & NSP for example). HM does have a great following including students, parents, alumni and grumpy old guys. The students section is smaller because the school is smaller. It’s 1/3 the size of that giant school to the north. Hockey games played on girls and boys basketball nights mean about 100 kids can't come to games, not to mention theatre practices, etc. That takes a big dent out of a school with only 800 kids. Congrats on those great memories being formed in the WBL student section.

I’m looking forward to Thursday. These teams look to be evenly matched. HM has more depth, but WBL has a 1st line with more firepower. Tim Schaughnessy will have to make some big stops because WBL’s 2 stars will get several scoring chances. It’s too bad about 1,500 people that would have showed up at Aldrich will not fit into Vadnais, but it’s WBL’s home game and they certainly are entitled to play it in their new home.
j67686

Post by j67686 »

buzzershot wrote:WBL will come out on top if Birki and Wahlin score first and do not get frustrated if they dont. Otherwise the cheap shots they are known to give out will start and in the box they go...this would not be good. The SEC has weakened big time this year but WBL has not. WBL should win the section and Sager saves his job.
Agreed. I think the mental game will be a huge factor this year; if White Bear isn't confident, their game will suffer. Likewise, if Hill is too cocky and rides on their record against White Bear, the way fans on this board apparently do, they'll be down two or three goals before they realize what happened.

White Bear 5 EN
Hill 3
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Everyones only talking about Birki and Wahlin. Dont sleep on Jansen, if Hill does Jansen he could put a couple in.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

stpaul wrote:Hey there wblhockeyfan8 – lighten up Francis. Fact is this has been a great rivalry for a long time. HM has had the upper hand during the past 5 years (13-0 if you don’t remember) but WBL went 8-4 in the 5 years before that. Maybe you are too young to remember. HM players, coaches & fans have a lot of respect for WBL. Tim Sager is a good coach, his teams play hard and are considerably more classy than some other schools (Stillwater & NSP for example). HM does have a great following including students, parents, alumni and grumpy old guys. The students section is smaller because the school is smaller. It’s 1/3 the size of that giant school to the north. Hockey games played on girls and boys basketball nights mean about 100 kids can't come to games, not to mention theatre practices, etc. That takes a big dent out of a school with only 800 kids. Congrats on those great memories being formed in the WBL student section.

I’m looking forward to Thursday. These teams look to be evenly matched. HM has more depth, but WBL has a 1st line with more firepower. Tim Schaughnessy will have to make some big stops because WBL’s 2 stars will get several scoring chances. It’s too bad about 1,500 people that would have showed up at Aldrich will not fit into Vadnais, but it’s WBL’s home game and they certainly are entitled to play it in their new home.
You obviously have more insight then I do, and I appreciate thius post. I apologize for getting a bit heated, but i'm sure you know where it's coming from.

I look forward to the game, and to all the Hill fans, students especially, please get there early, it wouldn't be the same without a good turn out from both sides.
Always celly hard.
buzzershot

Post by buzzershot »

If Hill is physical tonight Jansen will not be a factor
Northsider

Post by Northsider »

I don't think Jansen's going to be a factor TONIGHT whether or not Hill is physical.
Hill-Murray>Public Schools>All Other Privates
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Northsider wrote:I don't think Jansen's going to be a factor TONIGHT whether or not Hill is physical.
Listeing to you talk makes me think if you have ever touched a hockey stick in your life. Jansen has some of the quickest hands in the state when he has the puck in front of the net. Hill has no Defense Whalin and Jansen will thrive on that and expose it all night.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:
Northsider wrote:I don't think Jansen's going to be a factor TONIGHT whether or not Hill is physical.
Listeing to you talk makes me think if you have ever touched a hockey stick in your life. Jansen has some of the quickest hands in the state when he has the puck in front of the net. Hill has no Defense Whalin and Jansen will thrive on that and expose it all night.
Grab a seat young buck. The key word being bounced around here is, "tonight". Can you find the word that is in all capital letters?....there ya go, yep that's it....TONIGHT. You see, the WB/HM game won't be played tonight. So, Jansen (with his quick hands) and Whalin (with whatever he has) won't be exposing (Insert whatever floats your boat) anything tonight, because, the game isn't....come on, say it out loud....TONIGHT! Very good.

This concludes "tonight's" lession. :wink:
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
iLLuminati_666 wrote:
Grab a seat young buck. The key word being bounced around here is, "tonight". Can you find the word that is in all capital letters?....there ya go, yep that's it....TONIGHT. You see, the WB/HM game won't be played tonight. So, Jansen (with his quick hands) and Whalin (with whatever he has) won't be exposing (Insert whatever floats your boat) anything tonight, because, the game isn't....come on, say it out loud....TONIGHT! Very good.

This concludes "tonight's" lession. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI&NR=1

:D
Always celly hard.
buzzershot

Post by buzzershot »

i'm bad....I stand corrected...Thursday came out tonight. Jansan will be the key to WBL if Hill forgets about him and keys on Wahlin and Birki. But if not and all lines are played hard nosed he becomes a floater and not effective like Wahlin. Fact, if you have watched any of the games against the better teams WBL has played.
wogggieee

Post by wogggieee »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:
wogggieee wrote:Aldrich holds 3400 according to Ramsey County.
3400 seats then they also have standing room...
Sure but standing room isnt going to add 1600-2600. 500 tops.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

We're coming for you, and all 14 of your fans.[/quote]

So now Vadnais Heights is the city of their own for da Bears?
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

pioneers wrote:Alright Bears fans, it's time to rally around your team. We've got a brand new rink, closer to home. Let's show Hill-Murray what its like to actually have a city to call their own. 8)

So now Vadnais Heights is the city of their own for da Bears?[/quote]

It's in the school district, so I don't think students from Vadnais Heights feel any less pride, and associate White Bear Team.

Saying the rink being in Vadnais Heights doesn't make it a home rink is a REALLY big stretch.
Always celly hard.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

5-2 Bears with an empty netter, first line pours it on
StoppatchFairplayHelmets0

Post by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 »

I would stop calling them East Metro All Stars... It's clearly the Head Coach and the expectations of the program that makes this team what they are every year.
This year will be same result as in recent memory...
Hill 4
WBL 1
2darink10

Post by 2darink10 »

Da Bears have been waiting for some revenge, and this year is their best opportunity to win. They have a high-powered offense in Birki, Mac, and Wahlin. And a young, but solid defense. And two equally capable goaltenders.

After this season, it might be a while before the bears are back to this level... So, if they understand that... They'll come out flying. Like someone said already, it'll will definitely depend on the attitudes of the players. The bears CANNOT, under any circumstance, get frustrated... That doesn't work out well for them.

It should be a good game! Hopefully I get there early enough to get seat!!!

MY BEARS 4
the other guys 3
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Goldfishdude is in the house....

My favorite team in the history of HS hockey better not disappoint me...

Go Lex!!!... Go Green and White... PPG?? Let's get these boys fired up!!!

H-M 72 WBL -6