Hermantown at Virginia 12/21

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

who wins?

Hermantown
52%
Virginia
48%

Total votes: 25

BDfan

Hermantown at Virginia 12/21

Post by BDfan »

Who wins this one?
Don't stop believin'
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

as much as i dislike both teams i hope virginia pulls it off, still think hermantown is a bit overated and hope virginia can show every body that, should be good game
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

Dirtracing, as much as it pains me to agree with you, Hawks are rated this year off of what has happened in the past. Young team and inexperiance in goal should favor Virginia in this game. But for all the Hawk haters, they still should make their way through Section 5.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Hawks by 2
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

dirtracing17 wrote:as much as i dislike both teams i hope virginia pulls it off, still think hermantown is a bit overated and hope virginia can show every body that, should be good game
You aren't the only one but why does everybody say that Hermantown is overrated? Over the past 5 years I've heard stuff non-stop about it. Over the past 5 years they have finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in the state. Anybody else hear what I'm saying?
interestedbystander

Post by interestedbystander »

I think people assume that they are over rated because they lost so many players from last year, they have inexperienced goaltending, and they really haven't played anyone that is good yet this year.
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

HawkeyPower wrote:Dirtracing, as much as it pains me to agree with you, Hawks are rated this year off of what has happened in the past. Young team and inexperiance in goal should favor Virginia in this game. But for all the Hawk haters, they still should make their way through Section 5.
yeah they probably will go to state again cause really who else is good in that section, i can count on one hand the top10 teams that they play in the rest of the season. a schedule like marshalls is one i would expect for hermantown, i mean look what they have done in recent years and im sure teams would really like to play them during the season.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

They cant control who is in their Section and the fact that they keep getting moved around. Someday the MSHSL will have all the Northern teams in one section. Again, I agree with you that their schedule is easy. I too would like to see some tougher teams getting scheduled. Interesting to see if Eden Prairie gets re-scheduled.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Hermantown 5-2
RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 »

3-2 Virginia
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

Virginia 4-1
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

will this game still go on with no school for hermantown?
BDfan

Post by BDfan »

It will be decided by noon if Hermantown will travel or not
Don't stop believin'
BDfan

Post by BDfan »

dirtracing17 wrote:will this game still go on with no school for hermantown?
The game is still on!
Don't stop believin'
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Hermantown - 4
Virginia - 3
2001 & 2006 State Participant
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

Big game for both going with the home team. 3-1 8)
RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 »

The game is streaming live on isportsnorth tonight for those of you who don't want to travel in the slippery conditions! :)
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

dirtracing17 wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:Dirtracing, as much as it pains me to agree with you, Hawks are rated this year off of what has happened in the past. Young team and inexperiance in goal should favor Virginia in this game. But for all the Hawk haters, they still should make their way through Section 5.
yeah they probably will go to state again cause really who else is good in that section, i can count on one hand the top10 teams that they play in the rest of the season. a schedule like marshalls is one i would expect for hermantown, i mean look what they have done in recent years and im sure teams would really like to play them during the season.
wow same arguement every year from the range, just remind me who's good in virginia's section? also for the remark about marshall you made, yeah granted they have a lot of good teams on their schedule...but they also have been dominated by all of them and what has marshall done in recent years. hermantown continues to play consistantly good hockey and virginia likes to beat up on teams like silver bay

hawks 6-3
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

4 to 1 Hawks. 8 mins 3rd period.
Hawks controlling this game
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

2good4u wrote:
dirtracing17 wrote:
wow same arguement every year from the range, just remind me who's good in virginia's section? also for the remark about marshall you made, yeah granted they have a lot of good teams on their schedule...but they also have been dominated by all of them and what has marshall done in recent years. hermantown continues to play consistantly good hockey and virginia likes to beat up on teams like silver bay

hawks 6-3
comments like your about virginias section show you have no clue. how many teams from 7a are ranked in the top 15?? get a clue! i wish you guys played a team that would beat up on you guys to give your team a little taste of what its like
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

5-1 Hawks pulling away.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

east hockey wrote:5-1 Hawks pulling away.

Lee
man..
Last edited by dirtracing17 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

5 to 2 Final. Good win for the Hawks. Virginia power play was not good tonight despite many opportunities. Credit to the Hawks PK and goalie.
BDfan

Post by BDfan »

HawkeyPower wrote:5 to 2 Final. Good win for the Hawks. Virginia power play was not good tonight despite many opportunities. Credit to the Hawks PK and goalie.
Virginia played horrible in the third. They couldn't get anything going even though they started the period with over 3 min. on the power play due to a major penalty late in the second.
Don't stop believin'
house69

Post by house69 »

virginia is just overrated folks.. the hawks were to powerful for the devils