Little Falls at Brainerd

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Celihockey88

Little Falls at Brainerd

Post by Celihockey88 »

Little Falls at Brainerd any thoughts?
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

I've heard there is a little bad blood between the coaches, one of which accused the other of running up the score last year and then he turns around and trounces a team this year by a score of 21-0 [-X

This has turned into a pretty bitter rivalry and I look for this to be a high scoring affair :-k

A word of caution for Da Floaterz...they better keep their heads up 'cause they are going to get hit and the Refs in Da Barnyard like to "let 'em play" :-$

Look for Da Worriorz to win this one 8 to 4 =D>

Da Krankster 8)
mn-hockey

Post by mn-hockey »

I don't think this one is going to be to high scoring, Little Falls has solid goaltender and he's playing at the top of his game. This game will be a great one to watch! Both teams have a oppurtunity to win this game.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

This one ends 3-3.
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

depends who shows up in goal honestly.

little falls has been playing well and needs to continue.

brainerd wins 4-2 EN
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

I am more interested in who gets more peanlties...
Brainerd should, but the refs in Brainerd....

And will either coach get tossed and if they both do will Archie and Cooch meet outside....

I don't think Arch has enough left in him to take on the big guy.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Brainerd by 2.

goals that is...
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

elliott70 wrote:I am more interested in who gets more peanlties...

And will either coach get tossed and if they both do will Archie and Cooch meet outside....

The refs are not from Brainerd. They will be from Bemidji or Iron Range.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

The Next One wrote:

If Brainerd wants a chance to stay out of the box just a little bit more, they should go with refs from Bermidji! The Iron Rangers like to throw em in a box quite a bit.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

The Next One wrote:

Yes, I know, but they are still in Brainerd.
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

little falls wins 3-2
shots were like 34 to 21 advantage LF

brainerd very unsportsmanlike
some injuries to LF
DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

LF 3
brainard 2

With a cheap shot by a Warrior to end the game. Hope the Flyer is OK.
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

elliott70 wrote:
The Next One wrote:

Yes, I know, but they are still in Brainerd.
The refs did a pretty good job trying to keep the game in control. Josh Archibald had an amazing shot in the second, has got mad skills, but fails to control his emotions and should've been tossed out from the game (and the next) with the cheap shot he took at the Little Falls kid at the end of the game. There is a huge difference between playing tough, physical hockey and just playing dirty and cheap. Brainerd's coach seems to emphasis the later. Why do you leave your kid who leads the team in penalties in for the last 3 seconds with the puck in your own zone? So he can fight??? Brainerd has a ton of talented kids coming up in it's youth hockey program, I hope they don't have to end up playing this style of hockey.......
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

quote]
The refs did a pretty good job trying to keep the game in control. Josh Archibald had an amazing shot in the second, has got mad skills, but fails to control his emotions and should've been tossed out from the game (and the next) with the cheap shot he took at the Little Falls kid at the end of the game. There is a huge difference between playing tough, physical hockey and just playing dirty and cheap. Brainerd's coach seems to emphasis the later. Why do you leave your kid who leads the team in penalties in for the last 3 seconds with the puck in your own zone? So he can fight??? Brainerd has a ton of talented kids coming up in it's youth hockey program, I hope they don't have to end up playing this style of hockey.......[/quote]

all i heard from the kiddies was"fight. fight, fight"
KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES

Post by KICKED-IN-THE-PRIVATES »

It will be interesting to see if Fussy (#26) is tossed from the next game. He should be after how he acted at the end of the game... Also notice you didn't see any, I mean any coaches trying to contain him?
I would not let my kid play for Jim Archibald, he is not a good representation of what Brainerd is about.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

If I were Cooch, I wouldn't schedule another game with Brainerd until Arch is gone. Schedule another quality opponent. It's not worth losing kids to a cheap shot team.
DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

I am not hearing any responses from the Brainard faithful. They must be embarrassed by the behavior of their team last night.

3 seconds left,puck in our end and the game is over I should:
A. tip my hat to the Flyers and say good game.
B. Run a flyer who is no where near the puck into the boards.

You can always judge a leaders character or lack of character by how they handle adversity. Brainard failed miserably last night.

Hey Brainard. See nothing, hear nothing, maybe the problem will go away.
Seems the problem is on the bench.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

DKS1962 wrote:I am not hearing any responses from the Brainard faithful. They must be embarrassed by the behavior of their team last night.

You can always judge a leaders character or lack of character by how they handle adversity. Brainard failed miserably last night.

The Floaterz have a nice looking team. The difference in this game was defense, the Floaterz have defensemen that didn't let many shots get through to the goaltender and when they did the goaltender didn't give up many rebounds. As a Worrior faithful, I tip my hat to Da Floaterz. =D>

Da Worriorz have maybe one defenseman that is above average and the rest of them are very inexperienced. I thought the goaltender gave up way too many rebounds and was lucky more goals weren't scored #-o

It looks like Da Worriorz dished out a couple of concussions last night but the only cheap one was the one at the end of the game when the kid got pasted into the boards by a charge that started in Crosby :oops:

Da stripes were from Taconite and clearly favored Da Floaterz :^o

Good Luck to the Flyers and we'll see you in St. Paul again this year 8)

Hey DKS1962 where the heck is Brainard :wink:
FlyingWarrior

Post by FlyingWarrior »

Mite-dad wrote:If I were Cooch, I wouldn't schedule another game with Brainerd until Arch is gone. Schedule another quality opponent. It's not worth losing kids to a cheap shot team.
I hear the folks in Grand Rapids had the same to say about Archie....they probably won't play Brd again until he is gone......
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

Syd Barrett wrote:
DKS1962 wrote:I am not hearing any responses from the Brainard faithful. They must be embarrassed by the behavior of their team last night.

The Floaterz have a nice looking team. The difference in this game was defense, the Floaterz have defensemen that didn't let many shots get through to the goaltender and when they did the goaltender didn't give up many rebounds. As a Worrior faithful, I tip my hat to Da Floaterz. =D>

Da Worriorz have maybe one defenseman that is above average and the rest of them are very inexperienced. I thought the goaltender gave up way too many rebounds and was lucky more goals weren't scored #-o

It looks like Da Worriorz dished out a couple of concussions last night but the only cheap one was the one at the end of the game when the kid got pasted into the boards by a charge that started in Crosby :oops:

Da stripes were from Taconite and clearly favored Da Floaterz :^o

Good Luck to the Flyers and we'll see you in St. Paul again this year 8)

Hey DKS1962 where the heck is Brainard :wink:
Favored the floaters and only one cheap shot. Your jokng right. As a warrior fan that was a brutal perfromance. They should be ashamed of themselves today. The flyers out played and out classed the warriors last night.
Syd Barrett

Post by Syd Barrett »

The Next One wrote:Your jokng right.
Whadda you think :idea: check out the emoticons :roll:

I hear if Archie sticks around they are going to change their name from Da Worriorz to Da Cheifs and play a Junior Gold schedule #-o
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

Syd Barrett wrote:

I hear if Archie sticks around they are going to change their name from Da Worriorz to Da Cheifs and play a Junior Gold schedule #-o
What are you dong here? Seems you keep avoiding something elsewhere?
The DEMON
BackCheckN'

Post by BackCheckN' »

Syd Barrett wrote:

Why don't you say something intelligent instead of all the "DA's". Plain and simple, Brainerd played GOON hockey and that got them nowhere. I would be embarased to be DaWarriors! DAH! :oops:
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

BackCheckN' wrote:
Syd Barrett wrote:

Why don't you say something intelligent instead of all the "DA's". Plain and simple, Brainerd played GOON hockey and that got them nowhere. I would be embarased to be DaWarriors! DAH! :oops:
????
Have some fun, SYD clearly is and at the same time complimenting his teams' opponent.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

What I'm most interested in is how fast Little Falls reloaded following the loss of the Hanowski and Festler boys. One losing year, then they're off and running again. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Flyers back at state this year...and good for the Flyers and coach Tony Couture.