Burnsville V Eden Prarie

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins

Eden Prarie
81%
Burnsville
19%

Total votes: 26

koho snipe

Burnsville V Eden Prarie

Post by koho snipe »

Great game on tues the 11th at burnsville.

Whose taking this one
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

EP rolls. Bville has a little goalie and EP moves the puck. If they can go to Aldrich and win they'll win everywhere but Braemar. EP by 4.
EP two out of three.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

EP by 4
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

HockeyMN1 wrote:EP rolls. Bville has a little goalie and EP moves the puck. If they can go to Aldrich and win they'll win everywhere but Braemar. EP by 4.
And Eagan... :lol: :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

EP by 3. Too deep to not win this one. Engum will have to do amazing to slow Ep's dominant offense.
The Greatness is always the Best
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

The Greatness wrote:EP by 3. Too deep to not win this one. Engum will have to do amazing to slow Ep's dominant offense.
Not sure if anyone remembers the last couple of meetings between these two teams in Burnsville, but I think EP won in OT two years ago, and lost last year. Look for a one goal game either way. :wink:
seek & destroy

Post by seek & destroy »

Engum is due to have a great game against a quality opponent. Burnsville has stepped up big on offense and is putting up a lot of points; Burnsville wins by a score of 5 - 3 with an empty netter.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:EP rolls. Bville has a little goalie and EP moves the puck. If they can go to Aldrich and win they'll win everywhere but Braemar. EP by 4.
You know I hope Eagan does make it to the state tournament. They would surely be unranked leaving the strong possibility that they face EP in the first round and get their S**T tossed. That would be fun. Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash my friend.
EP two out of three.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

At the risk of agreeing with HHF (very difficult to do), while we all know EP is good, give the wildcats a little credit, they've played a difficult schedule and have proven to be a top team. They just might be next years EP, with what I feel is the best junior class in the state. AV will be on their heels all year but don't think they aren't for real. Could they beat the eagles again? not likely but certainly not impossible.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:
You know I hope Eagan does make it to the state tournament. They would surely be unranked leaving the strong possibility that they face EP in the first round and get their S**T tossed. That would be fun. Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash my friend.
Wow, you really need to take a chill pill "friend". I am sorry my enthusiatic support of my hometown team bothers you so much, well actually I'm not but anyway, all I did was point out that EP could be beaten in another arena and also that Eagan could make a run at the "State Tourney", I did not predict a State Championship or anything close, in fact not even a tourney win, although none of that is out of the realm of possibility, thats why they play the games. So, relax, I also agreed with Karl on EP being #1 in state right now so again....reeelaaax.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
Hockeydad1893

Post by Hockeydad1893 »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:And Eagan... :lol: :lol:
Wow, you really need to take a chill pill "friend". I am sorry my enthusiatic support of my hometown team bothers you so much, well actually I'm not but anyway, all I did was point out that EP could be beaten in another arena and also that Eagan could make a run at the "State Tourney", I did not predict a State Championship or anything close, in fact not even a tourney win, although none of that is out of the realm of possibility, thats why they play the games. So, relax, I also agreed with Karl on EP being #1 in state right now so
again....reeelaaax.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I would have to agree, and I am an EP fan, have been my whole life. I would also have to say that the chances of Eagan beating the eagles again is slim, but crazier stuff has happened. Eagan has a very solid young team, and with ford it net for EP every night is an adventure. However to throw in my comments on the original topic: EP vs. Burnsville. I would have to say EP takes it 4-2, Burnsville always keeps it close in their barn
PuckU126

Stick to the topic

Post by PuckU126 »

I click on this topic and I see people arguing over something that has little to do with the Burnsville, Eden Prarie game. :roll: Lets stick to the game and debate over Eagan on a different page; make a new topic if you want.

Getting back to the game... I am calling a 4-2 win in favor of EP. Bville is good (great win over HM early in the season); however, I am uncertain if they have cooled down a bit. We can't say that about EP though; hence my prediction.

Best of Luck to both teams. :)
The Puck
LGW
shakey

Post by shakey »

Burnsville has given EP nothing but trouble over the years. EP needs to get the (B'ville) monkey off their backs and take it to them for once.
standout4thlinejver

Post by standout4thlinejver »

Eagles - 3 (w/ EN)
Braves - 1
zyzxx

Post by zyzxx »

shakey wrote:Burnsville has given EP nothing but trouble over the years. EP needs to get the (B'ville) monkey off their backs and take it to them for once.
The Burnsville program seems to turn out players with excellent shots. Should be a great game!
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

4-2 EP final. Good win for the Eagles, just have to grind through this tough schedule. Another roadie over a solid opponent. Those never hurt.
EP two out of three.
seek & destroy

Post by seek & destroy »

HockeyMN1 wrote:4-2 EP final. Good win for the Eagles, just have to grind through this tough schedule. Another roadie over a solid opponent. Those never hurt.
Engum did have a great game but credit the Eagles for proving to have more offensive punch. They controlled the puck most of the game and kept the pressure on long enough to get the victory. I thought Engum did his job stopping a lot of shots but the offense for Burnsville just couldn't get anything good happening. Throughout the game it felt like EP controlled the zone and then Burnsville would get a good bounce and then a decent chance. EP wins this battle and Burnsville is lucky that they are not part of the new south suburban conference so they don't have to play them again.

Rau and company created a lot of chances and you have to be impressed by how they kept the pressure on Burnsville.
PuckU126

I win.

Post by PuckU126 »

PuckU126 wrote:Getting back to the game... I am calling a 4-2 win in favor of EP. Bville is good (great win over HM early in the season); however, I am uncertain if they have cooled down a bit. We can't say that about EP though; hence my prediction.

Best of Luck to both teams. :)
HockeyMN1 wrote:4-2 EP final. Good win for the Eagles, just have to grind through this tough schedule. Another roadie over a solid opponent. Those never hurt.
Hey! I predicted one correctly for once... \:D/

And you are right, HockeyMN1. Those road wins or "roadies" never hurt. This should bring great confidence to the Eagles; who are going deeper into their very competitive schedule.
The Puck
LGW