Roseau vs. Warroad 1/13

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will come out on top?

Roseau
74%
Warroad
26%

Total votes: 38

warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

WB6162 wrote:Warroad 4 Roseau 1 final
I guess being AA doesn't automatically make you better
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

warriors41 wrote:
Yes it does.

If they weren't AA, they would have lost by more than 3.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

warriors41 wrote:
It does on March 10th.
2001 & 2006 State Participant
Denis Lemieux

Post by Denis Lemieux »

I guess being a WCHA official doesn't automatically make you better either!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Not surprised by the Warroad win but by the margin and apparent ease.
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

elliott70 wrote:Not surprised by the Warroad win but by the margin and apparent ease.
Goaltending

As I stated earlier when Roseau lost their first 5 games, look at the scoresheets, and it had a common theme, subpar goaltending...

From Hockey Hub, Roseau outshot Warroad every period, but lost 4-1... For the game 30 - 21... :-k for the old .857 save percentage...

Goaltending
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

DmanDad1980 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Not surprised by the Warroad win but by the margin and apparent ease.
Goaltending

As I stated earlier when Roseau lost their first 5 games, look at the scoresheets, and it had a common theme, subpar goaltending...

From Hockey Hub, Roseau outshot Warroad every period, but lost 4-1... For the game 30 - 21... :-k for the old .857 save percentage...

Goaltending
So the Lumberjacks have a good chance on Saturday, then.

They pummeled EGF goalie last night - outshooting them by a 3-1 margin at one point, but the EGF kid and the pipe made some great saves.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

MNHockey75 wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
It does on March 10th.
So, hypothetically speaking, if Warroad wins the next game against Roseau and sweeps them, and both teams make the state tournament(not likely for either team) Roseau is still better than Warroad? That logic makes zero sense.
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

warriors41 wrote:
Wow! I must say I was a bit shocked to see the score. I didn't expect it, since Warroad seems to be a bit down this year--more so than Roseau, I thought. Good thing I was too busy to listen to the game last night... The Rams have a lot to work on, if they are going to play with the big boys.
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

5th Line Center wrote:The Rams have a lot to work on, if they are going to play with the big boys.
actually they play the "big boys ok" it is the little ones they need to remember can also play hockey

this was a pathetic display by the rams
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

warriors41 wrote:
MNHockey75 wrote:
warriors41 wrote: I guess being AA doesn't automatically make you better
It does on March 10th.
So, hypothetically speaking, if Warroad wins the next game against Roseau and sweeps them, and both teams make the state tournament(not likely for either team) Roseau is still better than Warroad? That logic makes zero sense.
Speaking on behalf of someone who played in the Class A state tournament, it's just not the same as a sold out AA crowd. No one really cares all that much about Class A hockey. For instance, if Bemidji was 8A this year, they would be the favorite. But they could care less. I have always thought TRF and Warroad should be in 8AA, but that's just me.
2001 & 2006 State Participant
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

MNHockey75 wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
MNHockey75 wrote: It does on March 10th.
Speaking on behalf of someone who played in the Class A state tournament, it's just not the same as a sold out AA crowd. No one really cares all that much about Class A hockey. For instance, if Bemidji was 8A this year, they would be the favorite. But they could care less. I have always thought TRF and Warroad should be in 8AA, but that's just me.
Instead of going to two classes, they could have had a top and bottom bracketed 16 team tourney with the small schools playing their way up to the championship as well as the large schools playing down.

They also could have reserved one two team bracket for the private schools to limit their shenanigans. But the big money talks in hockey and in politics in this state so we have this shadow of what it should be tournament.

It's still hockey, but it could be so much better.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Warroad10 wrote:Dubble A or not a team is a team. The Rams are sure in tack as a team..And Warriors are acting like a team but are far from it...and winning by one or two goals is jut not going to fly when it comes to the Roseau Ram...The Warriors are going to play a game they just can't win...

Uh-oh !
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

Looks like that schedule really helped out last night for the Rams, but it should make things much more interesting next time around in Roseau. Warroad has been playing well defensively as of late, and if they can keep managing to mix in a goal or two they should be fine down the stretch. Funny how the AA vs A thing always comes up, but in my opinion, winning a state title, regardless of class, trumps the sitting at home come March anyday.