Roseau vs. Warroad 1/13

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will come out on top?

Roseau
74%
Warroad
26%

Total votes: 38

slapshot99

Roseau vs. Warroad 1/13

Post by slapshot99 »

Who will win this great american rivalry?
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

I'll take Roseau here but anything could happen. Gotta respect the Rams for bumping up to AA.
EP two out of three.
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

HockeyMN1 wrote:I'll take Roseau here but anything could happen. Gotta respect the Rams for bumping up to AA.
You are seriously going to get that started already? Brand new thread to talk about the matchup this week not to stir the pot bud.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Look, all I'm saying is they did it and they face stronger competition week in and week out. That is why I think Roseau will win.
EP two out of three.
Rkhockey_7

Post by Rkhockey_7 »

The win streak stays alive Roseau by two.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

roseau by 4
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

HockeyMN1 wrote:Look, all I'm saying is they did it and they face stronger competition week in and week out. That is why I think Roseau will win.
Fair enough, they have a couple big guns scheduled this year in Tonka, Wayzata and Blaine, and even though they lost to the Skippers and Bengals they were close games and will benefit them come playoff time. Back to the game, it is being played in Warroad where the Warriors are 5-1 compared to 4-3 on the road. If Warroad is able to score a goal early and keep up their defensive play I think they take this one, but if no offense shows up (see EGF and Bemidji games for example) it should be decided in the Rams favor. I am going to say 3-1 Warroad with an empty netter.
Warroad10

Post by Warroad10 »

Dubble A or not a team is a team. The Rams are sure in tack as a team..And Warriors are acting like a team but are far from it...and winning by one or two goals is jut not going to fly when it comes to the Roseau Ram...The Warriors are going to play a game they just can't win...
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Huh??
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:Look, all I'm saying is they did it and they face stronger competition week in and week out. That is why I think Roseau will win.
Listen, I have a lot of respect for Roseau being in AA but that alone doesn't make them a better team. Also, while their schedule this year is very tough, that has not been the case for the last few years. The last few years Minnhock has actually rated Warroad's schedule as tougher than Roseau's. And currently Roseau is rated 28 and Warroad 36 for SOS. I feel 8 places out of 156 teams isn't all that significant. Being AA also didn't help them when they played TRF earlier this year.
With how close Warroad and Roseau are geographically and the cost it takes to travel, their schedules usually are not that much different. AA doesn't make a difference for these teams until section tournament time.

Now that my rant is over I'll be a homer and pick Warroad by one.
Benito Juarez

Post by Benito Juarez »

Blah, blah, blah...Roseau by 3.

:roll:
Cornbread

Re: Roseau vs. Warroad 1/13

Post by Cornbread »

slapshot99 wrote:Who will win this great american rivalry?

Rivalry no more, nothing on the line but pride now.
slapshot99

Post by slapshot99 »

This may not be the rivalry it was before the Rams opted up to AA, but other than the teams the rams and warriors need to beat to make it to the excel, this game is the next biggest rivalry game on the schedules of both teams. These kids hav played against each other all the way up through the ranks. Over the years, these kids have developed a certain sense of hate for each other. They know how each other plays. Should be a great game full of emotions and hard nosed northern Minnesota hockey.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Cornbread wrote:

What's the best part of this rivalry? Is it the opposing student sections? Is it the entire town coming out for both clubs? Is it the on-ice rivalry between the kids? A bit of it all?
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

I'll pick the team that had it in them and moved up to AA......not a fan of the skirties(one who wears a skirt)....that would be Warroad... for all of you who don't know me :wink:
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
salol44

Post by salol44 »

dueling21 wrote:
Cornbread wrote:

What's the best part of this rivalry? Is it the opposing student sections? Is it the entire town coming out for both clubs? Is it the on-ice rivalry between the kids? A bit of it all?
All of the above, but most of all it is the tradition between the 2 towns. Everyone in the stands and on the ice knows that. Roseau hates to lose to Warroad and Warroad hates to lose to Roseau. The rivalry has diminished but it is still there and it will always be there.

I think the Rams take this one but as always it would be stupid to place a bet on it.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

salol44 wrote:
dueling21 wrote:
Cornbread wrote:

All of the above, but most of all it is the tradition between the 2 towns. Everyone in the stands and on the ice knows that. Roseau hates to lose to Warroad and Warroad hates to lose to Roseau. The rivalry has diminished but it is still there and it will always be there.

I think the Rams take this one but as always it would be stupid to place a bet on it.
When does the rink fill up? Second period of the JV game?
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

dueling21 wrote:
Cornbread wrote:

its different now...it's generally nicer...but there is still a vein of underlying animosity there

these kids start playing games vs one other at the mini mite level...the names don't change (ahh...much) all the way through school.

You dont put on a Ram or a Warrior sweater until you reach high school here...it means a lot to these kids...a lot...its all pride.
TTpuckster

Roseau by 4

Post by TTpuckster »

I'll pick the Green Wave over the lumberjacks by....

Oops, wrong game.

Roseau by at least 4. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: +
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

And Warroad scores first. Austin Streiff knocks in the rebound
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

Can you listen to this one on line?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WB6162 wrote:Can you listen to this one on line?
You can watch it here: http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/prepzone
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

karl(east) wrote:
WB6162 wrote:Can you listen to this one on line?
You can watch it here: http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/prepzone
Thanks Karl!
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

BTW Warroad 3 Roseau 1
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

Warroad 4 Roseau 1 final