Fight in Rogers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckguy19

Fight in Rogers

Post by Puckguy19 »

Just caught the last part of the game between Rogers and Buffalo, on Fox. Quite a melee broke out at the end of the game. Was the whole game that rough and tumble? Wonder if their will be misconducts that come of it. Actually saw fists fly, which is too bad for high school hockey. 8)
D6Rocks

Post by D6Rocks »

4 game misconducts for each team.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

link for the game??
gopherfan202120

Post by gopherfan202120 »

The game was filled with a lot of big hits and go to foxsportsnorth.com and then go to the prep zone and it should be there
dangler20

Post by dangler20 »

gopherfan202120 wrote:The game was filled with a lot of big hits and go to foxsportsnorth.com and then go to the prep zone and it should be there
The fight isn't on there if you want to see the fight it is on youtube.
mnhunterdave

FYI - the link

Post by mnhunterdave »

dangler20 wrote:
gopherfan202120 wrote:The game was filled with a lot of big hits and go to foxsportsnorth.com and then go to the prep zone and it should be there
The fight isn't on there if you want to see the fight it is on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2HQwZahZk
gopherfan202120

Post by gopherfan202120 »

He asked for the link of the game so that's what I put
Hmmm...

Post by Hmmm... »

Embarrassing for high school hockey. Seems Buffalo has had it's share of problems. Don't know the man, but it seems ridiculous considering who their coach is.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

was that goalie pushing some chick at the 1:30 mark?
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

Most would not be playing HS hockey if their parents could have afforded to live in the metro rather than buy cheaper or bigger homes and commute. :wink:

Goalie #33 does push a young lady twice. Can't tell if it is a heckler or his girl friend.
PuckU126

Re: Fight in Rogers

Post by PuckU126 »

Puckguy19 wrote:Just caught the last part of the game between Rogers and Buffalo, on Fox. Quite a melee broke out at the end of the game. Was the whole game that rough and tumble? Wonder if their will be misconducts that come of it. Actually saw fists fly, which is too bad for high school hockey. 8)
I heard Empire started the fight.. :twisted:
The Puck
LGW
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

drop the puck wrote:Most would not be playing HS hockey if their parents could have afforded to live in the metro rather than buy cheaper or bigger homes and commute. :wink:

Goalie #33 does push a young lady twice. Can't tell if it is a heckler or his girl friend.
you call that a push?? if you look, the girl Hi-fived the first goalie--the 2nd goalie had a smile on his face--it looked like it was all in good fun.
puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

All this from a team coached by USA hockey coach in chief and former MN Hockey coach in chief, Granted it takes two to tangle, but one would think a little more control of his team would be warranted
royals03

Post by royals03 »

I have watched the M8 every year and the Buffalo Rogers match up is usually the best to watch. You are right though the Buffalo coach does nothing to control his players and always seems to get a few extra timeouts during the game by arguing every whistle. I think this year he actually argued the end of the period.
The problem I see is that Buffalo schedules all those top teams in the metro and get their butts handed to them. Now even though they lose all those games their coach probably thinks that they should demolish every M8 team. Now he despises every program in the M8 and now has to be disgusted that Rogers has now tied them for conference championships with an almost fore sure 3peat next year. If you watch the video close you could see McMillian(sp) telling a Rogers coach to F off real classy. The rematch did not have as much of the physical play there usually is I guess there must have been some warnings put out. One good thing came out of that game Rogers beat Buffalo in their arena to clinch the conference. Coach Mac should not be allowed to be around any aspect of high school hockey or USA hockey he is a complete disgrace and Buffalo should be the first to dump him.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

royals03 wrote:I have watched the M8 every year and the Buffalo Rogers match up is usually the best to watch. You are right though the Buffalo coach does nothing to control his players and always seems to get a few extra timeouts during the game by arguing every whistle. I think this year he actually argued the end of the period.
The problem I see is that Buffalo schedules all those top teams in the metro and get their butts handed to them. Now even though they lose all those games their coach probably thinks that they should demolish every M8 team. Now he despises every program in the M8 and now has to be disgusted that Rogers has now tied them for conference championships with an almost fore sure 3peat next year. If you watch the video close you could see McMillian(sp) telling a Rogers coach to F off real classy. The rematch did not have as much of the physical play there usually is I guess there must have been some warnings put out. One good thing came out of that game Rogers beat Buffalo in their arena to clinch the conference. Coach Mac should not be allowed to be around any aspect of high school hockey or USA hockey he is a complete disgrace and Buffalo should be the first to dump him.
Coming from a Rogers citizen him/herself eh "Royals03"...?

From what I've heard, McMillan is a class act and a good coach but thinks his team is above everyone elses. Just because of one incident doesn't mean he's a terrible coach that preaches undiscipline.
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

From looking at it from a Little Falls side, I wish this would have not happened, since this is the first time LF is playing Rogers. Would have liked to see both teams at their best. Though LF has some kids out, maybe it will equal it out. Time will tell.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
blindref

Post by blindref »

fivehole628 wrote:
royals03 wrote:I have watched the M8 every year and the Buffalo Rogers match up is usually the best to watch. You are right though the Buffalo coach does nothing to control his players and always seems to get a few extra timeouts during the game by arguing every whistle. I think this year he actually argued the end of the period.
Coming from a Rogers citizen him/herself eh "Royals03"...?

From what I've heard, McMillan is a class act and a good coach but thinks his team is above everyone elses. Just because of one incident doesn't mean he's a terrible coach that preaches undiscipline.
Is there any truth to the rumor that he might be stepping down to take on a bigger role with USA hockey?
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

So were some players out for Rogers last night?