Arena Noise

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
The Hammer
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Arena Noise

Post by The Hammer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Which arenas have a pleasant game atmosphere free of annoying blasts of music between whistles and free of overly zealous announcers? :D

Which arenas have annoying music between whistles and announcers that enjoy hearing themselves speak? :evil:

EHSHack
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by EHSHack » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Heritage is pretty pleasant, although I think it is stupid they do not have a goal horn.
Go Hounds.

The Hammer
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by The Hammer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 pm

EHSHack wrote:Heritage is pretty pleasant, although I think it is stupid they do not have a goal horn.
Heritage is very pleasant. Nice atmosphere.

LetsPlayHockey22
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:47 am

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm

In high school I always loved the coliseum, different atmosphere than most other rinks, but always a favorite place to play.

clutterbuck22
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by clutterbuck22 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:41 pm

What ever happened to the days of the bands playing at games? 5 to ten years ago a lot of teams had them playing, but now you'll be lucky to find one.

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Post by defense » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:59 pm

I kinda like music over the sound system at games. Adds to atmosphere, same goes for the anouncer.......to me its better than when nothing is going on, that makes it seem like the game is just there...nothing important....just a game...

WHAFightingSaints
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by WHAFightingSaints » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Woodbury's band showed up tonight. Enjoyed it, they should have played more.

eastside hockey
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Woodbury

Post by eastside hockey » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 pm

For as old as it is, I like to watch games in Wakota arena. It was much better before they tore down the second side seating. A lot of history there. The sound system is horrible though. Music at any arena between play is a good thing as long as its not " Who let the dogs out" ghetto music and Hockey dont mix well.
On any given night!

CitiesSpudsGuy
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:55 pm
Location: Spudville

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 am

defense wrote:I kinda like music over the sound system at games. Adds to atmosphere, same goes for the anouncer.......to me its better than when nothing is going on, that makes it seem like the game is just there...nothing important....just a game...
Agreed. They play music during stoppages and between periods at the Moorhead home games and I like it. Of course, that could partially be because they mostly play 80's music (my personal favorite type of music so that probably tells you how old I am).

Last season they started playing "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas just before the games start and I'm actually surprised I like that song. \:D/
50+ years of Spuds Hockey

norcon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Post by norcon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 am

Grand Rapids IRA Civic Center absolutely has to be one of the worst. The announcer appears to be in dire need of attention - He announces just about anything even while play is going on. Incessantly repeats things. Does play by play for chuck-a-puck :shock: . Changes tone so often you wonder if it's even the same person. *Would do a fine job if he could just play it down some. The music is extremely loud and blasted on at every break in play. Music is fine at times, if toned down and the selection being used is in good taste. Very annoying though when you can't even hear the person next to you speak. I realize high school sports are about the kids, but a good majority of the crowds are still adults and I know of very few who enjoy the circus-like atmosphere they have created there.

The Hammer
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by The Hammer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 pm

The GR announcer loves to hear himself talk. Unfortunately what he believes to be entertaining is painfully annoying to the fans. It has become embarrassing to be a GR fan at our home rink. :oops: Have you ever heard of someone calling the play by play during the chuck a puck. OMG! :roll:

Looking forward to going to Hibbing to watch the re-match in a few weeks.
The announcing in Hibbing is excellent. The music in Hibbing is also good. 8)

ryno44
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by ryno44 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34 pm

The Hammer wrote:The GR announcer loves to hear himself talk. Unfortunately what he believes to be entertaining is painfully annoying to the fans. It has become embarrassing to be a GR fan at our home rink. :oops: Have you ever heard of someone calling the play by play during the chuck a puck. OMG! :roll:

Looking forward to going to Hibbing to watch the re-match in a few weeks.
The announcing in Hibbing is excellent. The music in Hibbing is also good. 8)
haha. i laughed when I heard play by play for chuck a puck. That announcer is better than the previous one though.

norcon
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Post by norcon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:34 am

ryno44 wrote:
The Hammer wrote:The GR announcer loves to hear himself talk. Unfortunately what he believes to be entertaining is painfully annoying to the fans. It has become embarrassing to be a GR fan at our home rink. :oops: Have you ever heard of someone calling the play by play during the chuck a puck. OMG! :roll:

Looking forward to going to Hibbing to watch the re-match in a few weeks.
The announcing in Hibbing is excellent. The music in Hibbing is also good. 8)
haha. i laughed when I heard play by play for chuck a puck. That announcer is better than the previous one though.
From a Rapids fan - PLEASE bring the previous one back.

Post Reply