Hermantown (16-1-1) @ Eden Prairie (12-4-1) 2-1-11 7:30pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Eden Prairie Eagles
62%
Hermantown Hawks
38%

Total votes: 29

sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Hermantown 4
Eden Prairie 4

2:09 left in 3nd
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Hermantown 4
Eden Prairie 4

End of Regulation
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

EAGLES WIN! Way to go Rau, thanks for coming back.
EP two out of three.
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Hermantown 4
Eden Prairie 5

Final / OT

Rau scores with 0:05 left in OT

Shots 54-28 EP, 17-1 in OT
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

nota612er wrote:I agree that Htown does not have the horses or depth to run with EP. They would compete better at home with the chance to match up some lines, but even then this game should be a showcase of why there are two classes. Like most single A teams, Htown lives and dies by the performance of the top line players.
Arguably Htown’s best team ever needed a rainstorm on slow outdoor ice to stay close to EP last year. EP returned most of their team from last year and Htown did not. I want the Hawks to do well and compete, but I think it will be a long ride bus ride home tonight. EP by a lot.
Looks like the only reason it will be a long bus ride is because it would of been a tie up until the last 5 seconds of overtime. That hurts. Great showing hawks!!!
WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

Very impressive road game by the Hawks against maybe the best team in the state. I like them to win the Class A title in March.
34FC

Post by 34FC »

sinbin006 wrote:Shots ...EP, 17-1 in OT
:shock:
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

anyone know the shot count?
you can live in your car, but can't race your house
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

sinbin006 wrote:Hermantown 4
Eden Prairie 5

Final / OT

Look up...

8)
The Puck
LGW
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Great night to be an Eagle. This win and Basketball over Hopkins :shock: Should be a good winter.
EP two out of three.
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

Now thats a nice win Hermantown. congrats.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Eden Prairie 5

Final / OT

ryno44 wrote:Now thats a nice win Hermantown. congrats.
Read that AGAIN...

8) :roll:
The Puck
LGW
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

PuckU126 wrote:
Eden Prairie 5

Final / OT

Read that AGAIN...

oops. but with this game done, now I think they are #1 in class A.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

ryno44 wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
Eden Prairie 5

Final / OT

Read that AGAIN...

Yea Karl this may be one of those examples of where a tight loss moves a team up. I think both teams should move up after this one.
EP two out of three.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote:
PuckU126 wrote: Read that AGAIN...

Yea Karl this may be one of those examples of where a tight loss moves a team up. I think both teams should move up after this one.
HSHockeyWatcher ranks the Class A, not Karl.

Karl(east) has the AA.

8)
The Puck
LGW
nota612er

Post by nota612er »

nota612er wrote:
I agree that Htown does not have the horses or depth to run with EP. They would compete better at home with the chance to match up some lines, but even then this game should be a showcase of why there are two classes. Like most single A teams, Htown lives and dies by the performance of the top line players.
Arguably Htown’s best team ever needed a rainstorm on slow outdoor ice to stay close to EP last year. EP returned most of their team from last year and Htown did not. I want the Hawks to do well and compete, but I think it will be a long ride bus ride home tonight. EP by a lot.

Looks like the only reason it will be a long bus ride is because it would of been a tie up until the last 5 seconds of overtime. That hurts. Great showing hawks!!!
Well, actual texts from the bus say they are bummed and it will be a long ride home! :D Still a loss, but great job by the Hawks for keeping it close against a very good EP team. I'll stop predicting final scores for this team as they continue to surprise both to the good and bad. With several top forwards out of action, I did not think they could stay with the EP horses, but Coach Plante obviously had a great game plan. Let's hope they saved enough to take on Cloquet later in the week as the winner of that game controls their destiny in the LSC.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

PuckU126 wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote: oops. but with this game done, now I think they are #1 in class A.
HSHockeyWatcher ranks the Class A, not Karl.

Karl(east) has the AA.

8)
Yes my mistake. Well both of you take notice.
EP two out of three.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote:

8) :roll:[/quoteoops. but with this game done, now I think they are #1 in class A.
You think EP should move up because they eek out a win against a Class A team?? Granted Hermantown is good, but EP is 5 times the size and supposedly so great, my guess is the EP coaches are dissapointed in the margin of victory. I think this is another example of EP underachieving this year...they should be the undisputed #1 team in the state right now with their talent but havent showed that at all, I would say they they are #3 to #5.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
playerplayer1

Post by playerplayer1 »

HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote:

EP moves down if anything. Hermantown just lost to Bemidji 6-2 last week and Bemidji isn't in the top 10. If it really means that much to him give him the darn #1 ranking Karl so we don't have to hear it anymore. I would start to worry about getting out of sections instead of worrying about being number 1 if I were you.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

playerplayer1 wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote: oops. but with this game done, now I think they are #1 in class A.
EP moves down if anything. Hermantown just lost to Bemidji 6-2 last week and Bemidji isn't in the top 10. If it really means that much to him give him the darn #1 ranking Karl so we don't have to hear it anymore. I would start to worry about getting out of sections instead of worrying about being number 1 if I were you.
Wins don't move you down. Especially wins over teams that were 17-1-1. Everyone has off nights, this wasn't one for either side. If you're so insecure with whatever your own team is that you feel the need to rip a winning team, you have bigger problems than EP.
EP two out of three.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Not sure what HS will do...

STA just beat TG(#3), 6-0...

And Hermantown (#4) lost 5-4 in OT... (all rankings according to HShockeywatcher)

I think Hermantown will move up, but not to #1 according to HShockeywatcher.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

EP won't move down in the rankings; your logic doesn't compute.

And Hermantown won't move down either.

8)
The Puck
LGW
eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
HockeyMN1 wrote:
ryno44 wrote: Yea Karl this may be one of those examples of where a tight loss moves a team up. I think both teams should move up after this one.
You think EP should move up because they eek out a win against a Class A team?? Granted Hermantown is good, but EP is 5 times the size and supposedly so great, my guess is the EP coaches are dissapointed in the margin of victory. I think this is another example of EP underachieving this year...they should be the undisputed #1 team in the state right now with their talent but havent showed that at all, I would say they they are #3 to #5.
I will have to completely agree with HHF this time. It is funny how all of you talked about this one not even being close, because of the lack of talent in Hermantown compared to EP. Now that Htown took them to OT, Htown is awesome and should be #1 in class A. Maybe its because EP isnt as great as you think. Lets explore that solution also. Great game for Hermantown. They were not intimidated, and played like they are capable of.
On any given night!
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

Shots were 24 EP 18 Herm after 2periods... Hermantown controlled play for majority of 1st period, EP turned it on with about 2 min left in 1st. Missed many chances, actually both teams had great scoring opportunities throughout, Hermantown moved a D up to the W on the 1st line.

EP had a pp in the OT session, but surprised at the 17-1 SOG in OT, actually goalies seemed a bit shaky on both sides, but EP had Herm on swivel defensively they looked "off" but could be atributed to playing 4 D, and Herm goalie actually looked to have some confidence late in 3rd & OT... winning goal from Rau down the left side, shot "trickled" in thru five hole. Hard loss for anyone @ 5 sec. left considering rush was made up ice with about 12 sec. left from own end.

Skrbich & Rau line weren't matched up until OT, was 1 vs. 2 or 2 vs. 1 whole game. Rau drew a "high-sticking" on Skrbich... Herm killed it off.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

cooperalls4ever wrote:Herm killed it off.
But they couldn't kill off the last 5 seconds...

8)
The Puck
LGW