Alex Lyon leaves LOW for Cedar Rapids USHL

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Reggie

Alex Lyon leaves LOW for Cedar Rapids USHL

Post by Reggie »

When has this happened before? Midseason?
PuckU126

Re: Alex Lyon leaves LOW for Cedar Rapids USHL

Post by PuckU126 »

Reggie wrote:When has this happened before? Midseason?
It has happened before. I recall some WB and Roseville players opting to play junior As several years ago; however, it may not have been mid season though... Rare to see this at all.
The Puck
LGW
INDUS

Alex Lyon

Post by INDUS »

WOW!!! you can write off LOW now, why did Cedar Rapids call him up?
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Must be a reason besides playing time?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

That opens up the Top goalie award.
Reggie

Re: Alex Lyon

Post by Reggie »

INDUS wrote:WOW!!! you can write off LOW now, why did Cedar Rapids call him up?
They have been after him all season, they wanted him to come in after season, but he needs to play 10 games to get vet. status and wouldn't get it with CR in playoff hunt
INDUS

Alex Lyon

Post by INDUS »

Cedar Rapids already has an excellent goalie in Brady Hjelle from I Falls, I hope they don't take playing time from him.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

INDUS wrote:Cedar Rapids already has an excellent goalie in Brady Hjelle from I Falls, I hope they don't take playing time from him.
He's going to Ohio State next year, so he''ll have to play 10 less games or Lyon gos into ushl draft.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Reggie wrote:
INDUS wrote:Cedar Rapids already has an excellent goalie in Brady Hjelle from I Falls, I hope they don't take playing time from him.
He's going to Ohio State next year, so he''ll have to play 10 less games or Lyon gos into ushl draft.
He could just dress for the last 10 regular season games and then they could protect him on thier rosters

I think he will see regular playing time so he can increase his stock value. Smart move on his part...
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

High Flyer wrote:
Reggie wrote:
He could just dress for the last 10 regular season games and then they could protect him on thier rosters

I think he will see regular playing time so he can increase his stock value. Smart move on his part...
No, he has to play in 10 games
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

Reggie wrote:
High Flyer wrote:
Reggie wrote: He's going to Ohio State next year, so he''ll have to play 10 less games or Lyon gos into ushl draft.

No, he has to play in 10 games
I don't think so. Once he is on the game roster/present at a game technical is playing, even though he may be sitting on the bench and never step onto the ice.

Regardless, I think he will see playing time...
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Shows a lot of loyalty towards high school program. Obviously doesn't care about his teammates and coaches.
tacoinabag

Post by tacoinabag »

This is insane... How did you find this out?
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

tacoinabag wrote:
I know Alex Lyon
tacoinabag

Post by tacoinabag »

Reggie wrote:
tacoinabag wrote:
I know Alex Lyon
i know him well also... im not saying your wrong its just crazy to think that hes leaving
hockeyfan23

Post by hockeyfan23 »

Reggie wrote:
tacoinabag wrote:
I know Alex Lyon

:lol: sounds credible when is he leaving?
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

mulefarm wrote:Shows a lot of loyalty towards high school program. Obviously doesn't care about his teammates and coaches.
He isn't the kid to leave high school early to play juniors. Even if he would have stuck around LOW wasn't gonna make it out of sections anyway. It might be selfish, but every once and awhile you gotta make a move that's best for you. He's got a chance to get drafted and play at a top college program. I gotta believe that his team and coaches understand.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Really don't see how this will make a great impact on his career? The only one benefiting is Cedar Rapids as they will have him for next year. If LOW would make the state, Ceder Rapids still has 12 games to get him to qualify for veteran status and would be more if LOW doesn't qualify for state. What would be the big deal in having to go through the USHL draft. At this point in the HS season I really question this decsion. Somehow I think there must be more to the story.
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

So when is all this going public? I follow several credible Twitter accounts and no mention. Hockey Hub, no mention. Cedar Rapids website, no mention.
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

warriors41 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Shows a lot of loyalty towards high school program. Obviously doesn't care about his teammates and coaches.
He isn't the kid to leave high school early to play juniors. Even if he would have stuck around LOW wasn't gonna make it out of sections anyway. It might be selfish, but every once and awhile you gotta make a move that's best for you. He's got a chance to get drafted and play at a top college program. I gotta believe that his team and coaches understand.
AGREED :!: Great Kid and Good Luck!
hockeyfan23

Post by hockeyfan23 »

Reggie wrote:
tacoinabag wrote:
I know Alex Lyon
I think you should get your facts straight....I think you need to know get to know Lyon a little better.
tacoinabag

Post by tacoinabag »

Reggie knows his stuff...except for basically everything...You are absolutely wrong. lol...moron (too bad lyon is in school today, watching me write this)
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Air Force 1 wrote:So when is all this going public? I follow several credible Twitter accounts and no mention. Hockey Hub, no mention. Cedar Rapids website, no mention.
Is this true or not? Right now it all seems to be someone who "knows" the kid with nothing official to back it up.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I'm going to lock this down until we get real confirmation.