Saturday, February 5, 2011 Games

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Green Bay Packers
30%
Pittsburgh Steelers
39%
The Commercials
30%

Total votes: 33

The X

Post by The X »

goldy313 wrote:Lourdes 5
Breck 3

Lourdes get the signature win they needed to justify a top 4 seed should they win their section.

Just curious as to why a top 4 seed would be warranted by Lourdes beating Breck today in Rochester? And how would one consider that a signature win?

Breck has not beat a team in the top ten in either AA or A, so I just dont see this game being that important.
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

Just curious as to why a top 4 seed would be warranted by Lourdes beating Breck today in Rochester? And how would one consider that a signature win?

Breck has not beat a team in the top ten in either AA or A, so I just dont see this game being that important

I absolutely agree!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Cretin-Mounds View, anyone?

Edit: Got it, Cretin won 6-3.
Hankya

Post by Hankya »

Was there ever any question. I know, we have been pretty inconsistent this year, but I still feel that CDH is one to the teams to look out for come playoff time. Team needs to find its chemestry and gel together. When they do, they are tough.
LosDangles

Post by LosDangles »

[quote="cooperalls4ever"]That Burnsville alum? (K. Gorg) a goalie knows it all... a knee to the head is an Academy award acting job by Crandell, but a Gopher running the Bulldog netminder with the UMD Defender heading the other direction and a goal is dissallowed...strong stickwork when the blade of the UMD Defender can send the Gopher player into the goaltender (as he also drops his shoulder to make contact) is a bad call.... typical homer. Since, everyone else felt the need to comment on a college hockey game - i will too... keep it H.S. related. Kevin Gorg... congrats - you sure know your hockey, starting to sound like bitter Doug Woog of days of old. Lucia lovers, you must love 7th place. :wink:

Good call! What a performance by M. Connolly! I was at the game and boy is he fun to watch! Go DOGGIES!
WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

Hankya wrote:Was there ever any question. I know, we have been pretty inconsistent this year, but I still feel that CDH is one to the teams to look out for come playoff time. Team needs to find its chemestry and gel together. When they do, they are tough.
Agreed, but we've been hearing this all year, they only have 3 games left to find that chemistry.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

PuckU126 wrote:Stillwater 4
White Bear 3
Final

8)
Way to go Stillwater!