Hibbing at Virginia

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hibbing
30%
Virginia
47%
refs
23%

Total votes: 30

ryno44

Hibbing at Virginia

Post by ryno44 »

What's the predictions? This game will probably make the winner the #1 seed. Does anyone else besides me think that getting the #2 seed might be better than getting #1, since #2 will most likely play Central? I would probably rather play Central than Marshall since Marshall is always strong in the playoffs.
Northfan99

Post by Northfan99 »

That may be a true statement.. either way another playoff preparation game for both these teams
ajj7878

refs

Post by ajj7878 »

the refs were horrible. completely one sided game. virginia will win 5-3 on tuesday.
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

Virginia takes game 2 back with a score of 5-3
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
HawkeyPower

Re: Hibbing at Virginia

Post by HawkeyPower »

[Does anyone else besides me think that getting the #2 seed might be better than getting #1, since #2 will most likely play Central? I would probably rather play Central than Marshall since Marshall is always strong in the playoffs.[/quote]

Even though Hibbing tied Marshall 3 to 3 and lost to Central 4 to 2 earlier?
PuckRanger

Re: Hibbing at Virginia

Post by PuckRanger »

ryno44 wrote:What's the predictions? This game will probably make the winner the #1 seed. Does anyone else besides me think that getting the #2 seed might be better than getting #1, since #2 will most likely play Central? I would probably rather play Central than Marshall since Marshall is always strong in the playoffs.
I think if Hibbing loses, they will probably fall to the #3 seed. They will be 1-2-1 against the top 4 seeds. Central will likely get bumped up to #2 by virtue of the head-to-head win and having only lost to Virginia in section play. This doesn't really matter all that much... other than last change and jersey color in the semifinal game.

As for this game, the way Hibbing has played in Virginia the past couple years (7-1 and 5-1 losses), its hard to pick them in this one... but the way this year has gone, who knows.
RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 »

i think Virginia will win it 3-1
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

hibbing 6
virginia 3
final OT :lol:
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

pipersniper12 wrote:hibbing 6
virginia 3
So they kick a field goal to win it??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ajj7878

Post by ajj7878 »

virginia 3
So if it is decided in OT, how will hibbing win by 3?
pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 »

ajj7878 wrote:
virginia 3
So if it is decided in OT, how will hibbing win by 3?
Like I've said before, you can't fix stupid.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Hibbing by 3
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

virginia 3
This must have to do with the refs option on the poll. Although that score is probably going to be switched around and then 'the refs fault'.
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
DEHS Dan Green

Post by DEHS Dan Green »

Doesn't matter for me... Just hope the better team will beat Central....
I <3 cake

State bound hounds
house69

Post by house69 »

ill take the jackets 4-2 empty netter
RangeHockeyFan1817

virginia up 1-0 after one
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

RangeHockeyFan1817 wrote:virginia up 1-0 after one
First game @ Virginia. Good game so far. Great atmosphere...I'm a metro guy and very impressed with gameday so far. Not sure what the joke is on officiating but 2 calls against Virginia were soft IMO esp the interference call. Fun one so far. Like Hibbings skating cheer team. Old school!
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

2-0 on a Virginia shorty. Virginiagoalie is solid. Like Johnson and DeCenzo for Hibbing. 1 min left in 2nd
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

4-0 Virginia with 6 min left.
chubbs

Post by chubbs »

Good win for virginia. The smaller ice always seems to favor them against hibbing
RangeHockeyFan1817

4-0 final
mitchrapp

Post by mitchrapp »

Great win for the Devils! Best crowd in a while at the Miners - Hibbing did bring a great student section - Milbridge continues to shine for the Devils - only the second shutout of the Jackets this season (Grand Rapids) - #7 for Virginia continues to dominate - 4 points in a 4-3 win over Marshall and 3 points tonite - love to see the signs in the crowd against him - you know you're good when the other team hates you!
goldenbear85

So much for Hibbing's "impressive" power play.

Post by goldenbear85 »

Hibbing had plenty power play opportunities on a couple of stupid Virginia penalties, and even more bogus "penalties", but the dynamic duo of DeCenzo and Johnson didn't get a sniff all night.

Hibbing is praying... "Dear God, please, please, please let Marshall beat Virginia in the semi's" because they definitely do not want to play Virginia again.
ryno44

Re: So much for Hibbing's "impressive" power play.

Post by ryno44 »

goldenbear85 wrote:Hibbing had plenty power play opportunities on a couple of stupid Virginia penalties, and even more bogus "penalties", but the dynamic duo of DeCenzo and Johnson didn't get a sniff all night.

Hibbing is praying... "Dear God, please, please, please let Marshall beat Virginia in the semi's" because they definitely do not want to play Virginia again.
Bogus? Virginia hauled down the Hibbing players after the whistle, thats an obvious penalty. Hibbing outplayed Virginia, they had their chances and either missed the net or Milbridge made the save. That was the best I have ever seen him play, he played great for not wanting to play for them this year.

Hendrickson acted like a childish baby on the ice once again slapping his stick on the ice begging for the puck. Johnson dangled him quite a few times out there. I wouldn't say they DO NOT WANT to play them again, I didn't think Hibbing played all that bad.
trev2k1

Re: So much for Hibbing's "impressive" power play.

Post by trev2k1 »

ryno44 wrote:
goldenbear85 wrote:Hibbing had plenty power play opportunities on a couple of stupid Virginia penalties, and even more bogus "penalties", but the dynamic duo of DeCenzo and Johnson didn't get a sniff all night.

Bogus? Virginia hauled down the Hibbing players after the whistle, thats an obvious penalty. Hibbing outplayed Virginia, they had their chances and either missed the net or Milbridge made the save. That was the best I have ever seen him play, he played great for not wanting to play for them this year.

Hendrickson acted like a childish baby on the ice once again slapping his stick on the ice begging for the puck. Johnson dangled him quite a few times out there. I wouldn't say they DO NOT WANT to play them again, I didn't think Hibbing played all that bad.
I haven't seen too many players NOT either do this or put their stick in the air.