Hermantown section a joke

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Hermantown section a joke

Post by kniven »

Are you kidding me? Mora, Sauk Rapids, ST. Michael, Pine City, Moose Lake, Legacy Christian Academy, Princeton, North Branch, Rogers, Proctor, St. Cloud Cathedral?

Don't get me wrong, I respect any school disctrict that puts out a hockey team. Hermantown is now, and has been, an excellent program. They need to move up to give their program and kids more respect across the state.
RangeHockeyFan1817

Re: Hermantown section a joke

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 »

kniven wrote:Are you kidding me? Mora, Sauk Rapids, ST. Michael, Pine City, Moose Lake, Legacy Christian Academy, Princeton, North Branch, Rogers, Proctor, St. Cloud Cathedral?

Don't get me wrong, I respect any school disctrict that puts out a hockey team. Hermantown is now, and has been, an excellent program. They need to move up to give their program and kids more respect across the state.
I don't think its a matter of Hermantown needing to move up, its just a matter of putting more competitive teams in their section. Hopefully when the realignment happens ( I think after this year but not positive) it could help even it out a little, there's no reason at least one of the duluth teams that are single A can't be in their section ( central/denfeld or Marshall) Although I have to say I like the competition that those teams bring to section 7.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

1st post,
destined to be a classic.

:?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

elliott70 wrote:1st post,

:D Thinking the same thing
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

kniven wrote:Are you kidding me? Mora, Sauk Rapids, ST. Michael, Pine City, Moose Lake, Legacy Christian Academy, Princeton, North Branch, Rogers, Proctor, St. Cloud Cathedral?

Good one.
2001 & 2006 State Participant
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Great first post... :? :lol:

Their program has developed great teams in the past few years: however,
Hermantown will not always dominate that section.

8)
The Puck
LGW
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

I thought we weren't supposed to bash sections on here? Besides, there are weaker ones than 5a.
http://www.minnhock.com/strength.htm
look at the very bottom
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Considering Cathedral has been to state 2 of the past 3 years I believe, I don't see how you can call this section bad. Theres some good teams Hermantown has to get through.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

elliott70 wrote:1st post,

They said the same about me.

And look at me now. 8)

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

GordonBombay99 wrote:Considering Cathedral has been to state 2 of the past 3 years I believe, I don't see how you can call this section bad. Theres some good teams Hermantown has to get through.
SCC has been a very good team.

Most "A" sections have two teams (three at best) that are legitimate contenders for state.

It just helps show how weak "A" hockey really is. Get past the top 16 or so on the "A" rankings and you have some pretty weak hockey teams.
NoWhining

Sections Parity

Post by NoWhining »

I would agree most A sections have 2-3 good teams. After looking at AA, that is true as well, with the exception of 2 and 6.

"Good" is relative to the level of competition.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Hermantown has made it to state one out of their three years in the section. That doesn't necessarily mean that the section is great, but it definitely refutes the point that they should move up to AA like this brain surgeon 'kniven' said.

After section realignment (this year?), it would be nice to see Sauk Rapids and Cathedral moved out of this section and in to a section with their central Minnesota rivals. But, that's been the wish for 10 years and it hasn't happened.
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

I think Central should be in this section.
truehockeyfan

Post by truehockeyfan »

Ya if memory serves me right Cathedral beat hermantown by like 3 or 4 goals in the section final in 09. And dont just give the section to Hermantown yet this year. Anything can happen in those section games.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

[quote="truehockeyfan"]Ya if memory serves me right Cathedral beat hermantown by like 3 or 4 goals in the section final in 09. And dont just give the section to Hermantown yet this year. Anything can happen in those section games.[/quote]

I remember listening to that game on the radio, exactly what I said earlier.
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

truehockeyfan wrote:Ya if memory serves me right Cathedral beat hermantown by like 3 or 4 goals in the section final in 09. And dont just give the section to Hermantown yet this year. Anything can happen in those section games.
you are correct sir... but that was the rebuilding year for the hawks much like this year is too, except this year has a better goalie
mikemodano09

Post by mikemodano09 »

Any final scores on section games tonight?
codemanh

Post by codemanh »

Proctor-6
Princeton-5 (OT)
mikemodano09

Post by mikemodano09 »

codemanh wrote:Proctor-6
Princeton-5 (OT)
Anything on the Moose Lake/Rogers game?
Northlandhockey77

Post by Northlandhockey77 »

mikemodano09 wrote:
codemanh wrote:Proctor-6
Princeton-5 (OT)
Anything on the Moose Lake/Rogers game?
10-1 Rogers
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Cathedral crushes St. Michael Albertville 16-1, yes you read that right 16-1.

Heres the box score according to hockey hub...

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/1881897
forumadmin

Post by forumadmin »

ahh no way.. darn. I had st michael-albertville winning that game 3-1 in a ot thriller. haha that screws up my board!
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

[quote="forumadmin"]ahh no way.. darn. I had st michael-albertville winning that game 3-1 in a ot thriller. haha that screws up my board![/quote]

Win by 2 in overtime? Makes no sense.
forumadmin

Post by forumadmin »

oops! hey Im human too! but anyways I did have st.m/albertville winning that one. my mistake though
It slipped..
Geno Snipes

Post by Geno Snipes »

All 3 St. Michael goalies were either hurt or sick. They had a senior forward in net.