GR - is this their year?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

218er

GR - is this their year?

Post by 218er » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:55 pm

They seem to have the depth and talent this year to not only make it back to the X, but also make an impact once they get there. I haven't seen them play this year but on paper they look great... Any D1 prospects? Can they get past East?

mulefarm

Re: GR - is this their year?

Post by mulefarm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm

218er wrote:They seem to have the depth and talent this year to not only make it back to the X, but also make an impact once they get there. I haven't seen them play this year but on paper they look great... Any D1 prospects? Can they get past East?
Very average. A year or two away before they make some noise.

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 pm

218er wrote:They seem to have the depth and talent this year to not only make it back to the X, but also make an impact once they get there. I haven't seen them play this year but on paper they look great... Any D1 prospects? Can they get past East?
Underwood I could see being D1, very good size and skill. I would say they can beat East.

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 pm

ryno44 wrote:
Underwood I could see being D1, very good size and skill. I would say they can beat East.
Goods hands but he needs to use his speed more often.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

218er

Post by 218er » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 pm

What about Moore... 60 points in more than anyone from GR has scored in 20 years??

rbkhockey4life

Post by rbkhockey4life » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

This team is loaded with talent and alot of young talent too! Look for rapids to be hanging around the top ten if not higher for the next couple of years. Havent done too much looking but how many other teams have around 10 players with close to and more then 20 points?

The Hammer

Post by The Hammer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 pm

The D1 prospects include Moore, Underwood, & Bischoff. I'll be very surprised if all three do not play DI. Stejskal has really shown some talent as well and with a good senior year could get some attention.
This is a very good Rapids team. They are very fun to watch.
They can make it to State but DE is very good this year also.
Assuming GR & DE make the final it should be an exciting game that could go either way.

218er

Post by 218er » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm

The Hammer wrote:The D1 prospects include Moore, Underwood, & Bischoff. I'll be very surprised if all three do not play DI. Stejskal has really shown some talent as well and with a good senior year could get some attention.
Assuming GR & DE make the final it should be an exciting game that could go either way.[/

What are Moore's plans next year being the only senior?

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm

218er wrote:
The Hammer wrote:The D1 prospects include Moore, Underwood, & Bischoff. I'll be very surprised if all three do not play DI. Stejskal has really shown some talent as well and with a good senior year could get some attention.
Assuming GR & DE make the final it should be an exciting game that could go either way.[/

NAHL or USHL
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

No Political Connections

Post by No Political Connections » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Saw them play earlier this year and if they bring the game like they did when they went to Hermantown they are in huge trouble.

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 pm

They have a good team with depth, if they show up i think they can challenge any team.

headresshero

Post by headresshero » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 am

pipersniper12 wrote:
218er wrote:

Sorry I meant Moore was drafted by the Steel in their futures draft
Last edited by headresshero on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigWorm

Post by BigWorm » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 pm

It will be tough to get past East, but if they do I can definitely see them making some noise down in St. Paul. The games I have seen Bischoff and Moore have impressed me the most. No offense to you GR folks but that mascot uniform is hideous! But at least I know what a Thunderhawk looks like now!

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:04 am

[quote="BigWorm"][quote="218er"]They seem to have the depth and talent this year to not only make it back to the X, but also make an impact once they get there. I haven't seen them play this year but on paper they look great... Any D1 prospects? Can they get past East?[/quote]
It will be tough to get past East, but if they do I can definitely see them making some noise down in St. Paul. The games I have seen Bischoff and Moore have impressed me the most. No offense to you GR folks but that mascot uniform is hideous! But at least I know what a Thunderhawk looks like now![/quote]

What does a Thunderhawk look like?

north_bear

Post by north_bear » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:10 am

We have alot of good players that can score and be productive. Not having to rely on 1 line is huge. I noticed at the game tonight that the costume is looking a little ragged haha. It looks like a bird on steroids.

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:17 am

A really really big bird then it seems like.

headresshero

Post by headresshero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 am

BigWorm wrote:
It will be tough to get past East, but if they do I can definitely see them making some noise down in St. Paul. The games I have seen Bischoff and Moore have impressed me the most. No offense to you GR folks but that mascot uniform is hideous! But at least I know what a Thunderhawk looks like now!

Thunderhawks is the worst name..we'll always be the Indians at heart!

8) 8)

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 am

headresshero wrote:
BigWorm wrote:

8) 8)
What even is a thunderhawk?

headresshero

Post by headresshero » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm

ryno44 wrote:
headresshero wrote:
BigWorm wrote:

8) 8)
What even is a thunderhawk?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_thunder_hawk

Haha there's your answer I guess :lol: