Wednesdays the date... WBL vs Stillwater let the war begin

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HMHockey943

Re: Ponies Goalie Predicts Win Over White Bear

Post by HMHockey943 »

Goldfishdude wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
MedleyWR wrote:From a 2/26/11 article in Hockey Hub.

"Despite his calm demeanor on the ice, Cates was confident and vocal on his thoughts for the Ponies semi finals game against White Bear Lake.

“We are going to beat them,” he said. “That’s what we need to do and we are going to do it.”

Here's the link...

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760
I'd be surprised if WBL even showed up now. :wink:
I think the ponies will be ready come Friday...With the support of the WBL team in the crowd.

PPG.... I am too afraid to show up!!! [-o<

Did you notice the penalty kill of our favorite squad is 92% whereas the undisciplined coaching styles of Sager and Housely have their teams at low 70s%??? With the speed of H-M, either team will be seeing a lot of the backs of green and white jerseys as the stick is being used to trip and hook!!!!
:) :) :D
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

"Despite his calm demeanor on the ice, Cates was confident and vocal on his thoughts for the Ponies semi finals game against White Bear Lake.

“We are going to beat them,” he said. “That’s what we need to do and we are going to do it.”

Here's the link...

Everybody's tough on the internet. :roll:
Always celly hard.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:

Here's the link...

Everybody's tough on the internet. :roll:
We'll just have to wait and see how good he is tonight... I'll probably have a perfect view when the pucks start going in the net. :lol: \:D/

Off to the Coliseum I go!
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

My 17year old promised to text score updates to me so I will post them as soon as I get them!
sandi

Post by sandi »

Please do PD45. Very difficult to follow MN HS hockey from San Diego.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

0s after the 1st
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Stilly up 1-0

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

1-1

8)
The Puck
LGW
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

2-1 White Bear last report
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

sandi wrote:Please do PD45. Very difficult to follow MN HS hockey from San Diego.
Glad to help. I wish I was in San Diego for about 2 weeks and maybe when I come back all this snow would be gone 8)
sandi

Post by sandi »

PoniesDad45 wrote:
sandi wrote:Please do PD45. Very difficult to follow MN HS hockey from San Diego.
Glad to help. I wish I was in San Diego for about 2 weeks and maybe when I come back all this snow would be gone 8)
thanks. haha, we've had a bit of rain and overnight temps in the low 40's, this we do not like. better than temps in the teens tho
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Tied 2-2 5 mins left
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

1 min until OT
sandi

Post by sandi »

dang, wish i was there. i'm a wb fan, but really hope the winner here has something left for hill!
sandi

Post by sandi »

are we in OT yet?
got some

Post by got some »

Bears win in OT!!!
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

got some wrote:Bears win in OT!!!
Must have been a short OT. Who scored the goal?
got some

Post by got some »

PoniesDad45 wrote:
Very.

Junior Mike Abrahamson
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

got some wrote:
PoniesDad45 wrote:
Very.

Junior Mike Abrahamson
OK, thanks for the info. Good luck to White Bear on Friday. They had a great season.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I was really impressed with WBL tonight. I thought there was a major difference of speed & skill between these two teams. Stillwater showed little offense the whole game. Perhaps that was the game plan...little rop-a-dope and pick their chances. But I thought WBL looked real sharp. Should be a typical HM/WBL final.
Orty

Post by Orty »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I was really impressed with WBL tonight. I thought there was a major difference of speed & skill between these two teams. Stillwater showed little offense the whole game. Perhaps that was the game plan...little rop-a-dope and pick their chances. But I thought WBL looked real sharp. Should be a typical HM/WBL final.
WBL looked good tonight. I thought this would be more of a game. 2/3 of it was played in the Stillwater zone. Stillwater made the most of their changes tying the score late. But WBL should have blown these guys out of the water. If WBL was playing down to the competition - not good. I think they'll have a very tough time with HM on Friday. Should be another classic but I think HM blows them away.

Orty
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

Very entertaining game. As I have been preaching before, WBL is the better team overall than Stillwater. More speed, more talent. They played a very strong 1st and 2nd period, and played very well defensively for much of this game. They were not pinching up into the play as much, and made alot of on the tape passes coming out of their own zone. A very promising site to see. #22 Majkozak played a great game tonight, by far the best I've seen him play as a Bear. He's not the biggest, but he was very solid on D all night.

The one major concern of mine is the third line. They didn't see alot of ice time, and were outplayed drastically when they did. Schletty seemed very shaky at times too, but calmed down and made some nice saves in the 3rd, when the momentum had shifted after a bad penalty call that led to the game tying goal. I don't like to criticize officiating, but please be consistent with your calls.

I'm not concerned with the big three. I thought Wahlin was still strong with the puck, and set up a great drop pass that Abrahamson burried for the game winner. Overall a good game for the Bear's, especially the defense, and I like the momentum built heading into the game with the Pioneer's!

I would also like to congratulate the Ponie's on a nice season. They fought very hard in the 3rd to get the game tying goal and just came up a couple breaks short. The future looks very promising for them from the youth level on up.
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

Really? I didn't think WB played as good a game as I expected them to, or as tight a game as I've seen them this season. Regardless, they deserved to win as Stillwater couldn't control the puck. Most winning teams can sustain possession with a few passes tied together and Stillwater didn't complete many passes, and certainly didn't control the puck on carry-ins either. Not as crisp a game as I had thought we'd see. Congrats to WB. Looking forward to friday.
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

Stillwater did have a stretch in the second period where in a span of a few minutes they hit two posts and two crossbars and had the puck sitting on the goal line for what must have been a full two seconds before being swept away by a WB defenseman. Those were some intense minutes and great hockey.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

HSHockeyPurist wrote:Stillwater did have a stretch in the second period where in a span of a few minutes they hit two posts and two crossbars and had the puck sitting on the goal line for what must have been a full two seconds before being swept away by a WB defenseman. Those were some intense minutes and great hockey.
Yes, and that all occured while WB's 3rd line was out there. A very long 2 minutes indeed...WBL also hit a crossbar short handed on a late rush in the 3rd.