Wednesdays the date... WBL vs Stillwater let the war begin

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

iLLuminati_666

Wednesdays the date... WBL vs Stillwater let the war begin

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Housley v.s. Wahlin for the final time.... And i might add before this game Roseville plays Hill... Im expecting big things from the true number 1 goal tender in high school hockey (Lehr)
Last edited by iLLuminati_666 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stpaul

Stw - WBL

Post by stpaul »

That annual epic battle for section runnerup.
PuckU126

Re: Stw - WBL

Post by PuckU126 »

stpaul wrote:That annual epic battle for section runnerup.
That comment is just brewing something... :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW
wbhockey02

Post by wbhockey02 »

Dick! lol
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

should be another good game. Lets hope either saves something for Hill/Roseville winner. I could see this happening................Roseville upsets Hill, Stillwater/WBL have an epic 3 OT battle and the winner has nothing left and Roseville wins...........................that would stink.
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

As i said on my other thread youngblood. Noone has faith that roseville can beat hill... they shutdown wayzata and burnsville whos offenses are 10X better then hill... Both games Wednesday should be fabulous... Im expecting a huge game from Lehr... And a Hatrick from Wahlin with a kiss blowen to Housley :D :D :D
youngblood08 wrote:should be another good game. Lets hope either saves something for Hill/Roseville winner. I could see this happening................Roseville upsets Hill, Stillwater/WBL have an epic 3 OT battle and the winner has nothing left and Roseville wins...........................that would stink.
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

@ iLLuminati_666

I saw Burnsville today and their offense didn't look stronger than Hill-Murray's. If anything, I'll bet it's their goalie - Bodhi Engum - who has probably kept them strong all season. That kid is good! The only problem he has is that I think he comes out of the net to play the puck a little too much. Reminds me of Jon Casey in that respect. But his goaltending fundamentals are excellent.
gophs1616

Post by gophs1616 »

If Stillwaters offense plays like it did against Tartan they will beat White Bear. Very impressed, does it convince me that their offense is revived? No, but it is bouncing back. Perfect timing. As for Hill and Roseville? Let's get real Peter Pan, Hill wins 5-1.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

The top 2 teams from an average conference...a conference that will not send a team to State. I look for a low scoring, tight checking, afraid to make a mistake type of game. I can see a multiple OT tilt, with the winning team celebrating in the face of the losers, causing a fight to break out, resulting in several key players not being able to play in the section final. :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Smug as usual. :roll:
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:The top 2 teams from an average conference...a conference that will not send a team to State. I look for a low scoring, tight checking, afraid to make a mistake type of game. I can see a multiple OT tilt, with the winning team celebrating in the face of the losers, causing a fight to break out, resulting in several key players not being able to play in the section final. :wink:
I'm predicting 4 more Pioneers suspended for doing something else... :wink:
Always celly hard.
WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:The top 2 teams from an average conference...a conference that will not send a team to State. I look for a low scoring, tight checking, afraid to make a mistake type of game. I can see a multiple OT tilt, with the winning team celebrating in the face of the losers, causing a fight to break out, resulting in several key players not being able to play in the section final. :wink:
PPG, you keep calling the SEC an average conference with average teams, I'm not disagreeing, but for the record how do you rate the CSC with two top heavy teams to go along with very little after those two and some really lowly ranked teams on the bottom.

Below Average
Average
Above Average

Remember two average SEC teams beat CSC teams last night when it really counted :-k

I anxiously await your response :wink:
HMHockey943

Post by HMHockey943 »

Ponies by 2
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

White Bear by 2
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

SEC average. CSC below average.
TestTubeHockey

Post by TestTubeHockey »

This should be a very physical game. It will probably come down to which goalie plays best and who stays out of the box.
HMHockey943

Post by HMHockey943 »

TestTubeHockey wrote:This should be a very physical game. It will probably come down to which goalie plays best and who stays out of the box.
Neither teams seem to be able to stay out of the box.
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

Not sure this game has any relevance to the state tournament (unless Roseville wins), but should be entertaining anyways.

Seems to me the community and the coaches have already convinced themselves and these kids that they can't compete with HM.
Hankya

Post by Hankya »

Frankly, I really don't care who wins between the Bears and the Horses. I am just looking forward to seeing some of the Hill players looking over their shoulders to see who is about to pound them.

WBL can stay out of the box and with the amount of ice time that their number one line can handle, Hill has their hands full.

Stillwater has made some changes to their D that impress me. #25 has filled in for #2 and the remainder seem more balanced. The forwards are finally healthy based on their production at Tartan.

This should be a great team, and we all know, everyone is hoping Hill gets beat, and they will.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Image (XFactor)

8)
The Puck
LGW
gophs1616

Post by gophs1616 »

drop the puck wrote:Not sure this game has any relevance to the state tournament (unless Roseville wins), but should be entertaining anyways.

Seems to me the community and the coaches have already convinced themselves and these kids that they can't compete with HM.
Sorry but that was a dumb comment. Both coaches love playing Hill and both communities have huge turn outs every time they play Hill.
TestTubeHockey

Post by TestTubeHockey »

drop the puck

The Stillwater coaches Hously and Doman have played at the highest level....you do not get there by being convinced you are going to lose going into a game. Who ever ends up playing Hill will be ready.
MedleyWR

Ponies Goalie Predicts Win Over White Bear

Post by MedleyWR »

From a 2/26/11 article in Hockey Hub.

"Despite his calm demeanor on the ice, Cates was confident and vocal on his thoughts for the Ponies semi finals game against White Bear Lake.

“We are going to beat them,” he said. “That’s what we need to do and we are going to do it.”

Here's the link...

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... r_id=32760
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
Pioneerprideguy

Re: Ponies Goalie Predicts Win Over White Bear

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

MedleyWR wrote:From a 2/26/11 article in Hockey Hub.

"Despite his calm demeanor on the ice, Cates was confident and vocal on his thoughts for the Ponies semi finals game against White Bear Lake.

“We are going to beat them,” he said. “That’s what we need to do and we are going to do it.”

Here's the link...

I'd be surprised if WBL even showed up now. :wink:
Goldfishdude

Re: Ponies Goalie Predicts Win Over White Bear

Post by Goldfishdude »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
MedleyWR wrote:From a 2/26/11 article in Hockey Hub.

Here's the link...

I'd be surprised if WBL even showed up now. :wink:
PPG.... I am too afraid to show up!!! [-o<

Did you notice the penalty kill of our favorite squad is 92% whereas the undisciplined coaching styles of Sager and Housely have their teams at low 70s%??? With the speed of H-M, either team will be seeing a lot of the backs of green and white jerseys as the stick is being used to trip and hook!!!!