Grand Rapids vs. Duluth East

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got people?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 am

Grand Rapids
63%
Duluth East
37%

Total votes: 79

gitter

Post by gitter »

formerplayer37 wrote:
gitter wrote:Poll has Rapids favored by an almost 2-1 margin. I find that fascinating given I think these teams are so closely matched. Must be a lot of GR supporters on the site? :)
Or a lot of East haters :D
Touche :D
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Our kids played both team. G-Rapids first game, East late season East looked great. We lost to both. And it was the first game of the year w/ Rapids. Good luck @ state to whoever wins.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

I think Easts first line to going to be too much for Rapids to handle. They showed no signs of fatigue during the Elk River game and just got stronger as the game went on. As great as the first line is, the second and third lines are no slouch either. Jojo is a great goaltender, and I really don't know why so many people are picking Rapids. They really didn't show anything out of the ordinary beating a Peewee looking Cloquet team that iced the puck about 15,000 times Saturday.

Image5

Image2
Go Hounds.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
EHS2011 wrote:East was on break and the Cheerleaders were gone. Just wait until Thursday the place will be packed.
Fair weather junkies. Image

Game's streamed on MyFoxHockey and audio is on http://www.mnsportsnetwork.com/schedule.php
Where'd you see that it's going to be on Myfoxhockey? I can't find anything on their site about them covering any games this week.
The X

Post by The X »

Should be a great game, two well balanced teams with great coaching. Either team will represent the section well in St. Paul.
greyhoundfan

Post by greyhoundfan »

East PP: 33%
Rapids PP: 28%

If Rapids stays out of the box, they'll keep it close.

Really wish I could get to this one but baseball practice is more important at this point.

That said....

I'll go
Greyhounds 3
Thunderhawks 2

Should be a better game than the previous two years.
DEHS Dan Green

Post by DEHS Dan Green »

East will control most of the game like they always do.
I <3 cake

State bound hounds
dizlutheastt218

Post by dizlutheastt218 »

EHSHack wrote:
mj79 wrote:
east hockey wrote: Sounds about right. I'd say a maximum of 5,000 will show up.

Lee
Kinda sad... Warroad .. a town of like 40 , has more ppl at their hockey games than east does
Like everyone has said, its the administration. Hockey games arent fun for the kids to go to anymore. Not allowed to chant anything but "lets go east" and "ehs". Last year they threatened to not sell the kids State tickets. Ridiculous. Anyone close to East knows who is at fault too.

"and go greyhounds from the activities office" Let the fans be fans i graduated last year and im sickened every time i go back to see how censored it has become. I remember my sophomore and junior years and how crazy we were. Top notch in the state, i wouldnt be surprised at all seeing grand rapids double the student section although i am still picking east 4-1 :lol:
HalloweenMachine

Post by HalloweenMachine »

I think the 2-1 voting is people voting with their hearts. That being said I think east is a slight favorite to my dismay. But these 5-2 and 4-1 predictions seem a bit disrespectful I feel. I've been wrong before but last time these teams played East mustered 17 shots in a win. I think rapids is more balanced and if they play east's first line physical they have a great chance.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

HalloweenMachine wrote:I think the 2-1 voting is people voting with their hearts. That being said I think east is a slight favorite to my dismay. But these 5-2 and 4-1 predictions seem a bit disrespectful I feel. I've been wrong before but last time these teams played East mustered 17 shots in a win. I think rapids is more balanced and if they play east's first line physical they have a great chance.
Hows that? Trevor Olson is as physical a forward as you will find.. Randolph..not so much lol
Go Hounds.
trinitydtp

Post by trinitydtp »

OK, I will break the Ice on the best match up in MN High School Hockey. Well at least in northern MN. I think anyone that reads this will agree that they have anticipated this game since Oct. The Fan buses are getting warmed up and so are the fans in Grand Rapids. You can count on more GR fans than DE fans at AMSOIL arena tonight. Growing up in the cities and now living in GR I have come to appreciate the tradition and pure love for Thunderhawk hockey. Although, I do miss seeing their Indian Mascot with the full head dress. I think it had an intimidating effect on their competition. There is no need for a Mascot tonight though, the speed and pure love of hockey in Rapids players will be enough. Well shutting down that 1st line of the Hounds will help....
HalloweenMachine

Post by HalloweenMachine »

Hows that? Trevor Olson is as physical a forward as you will find.. Randolph..not so much
All I'm saying No one is winning this game 5-2 with 17 shots that's all. Oh and east doesn't play physical they're a bunch of stick handlers. Zero old time hockey played there. Biggest hit in this game will be delivered by a Indian and you take that to the bank. Enough talking drop the puck!!
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

HalloweenMachine wrote:Hows that? Trevor Olson is as physical a forward as you will find.. Randolph..not so much
All I'm saying No one is winning this game 5-2 with 17 shots that's all. Oh and east doesn't play physical they're a bunch of stick handlers. Zero old time hockey played there. Biggest hit in this game will be delivered by a Indian and you take that to the bank. Enough talking drop the puck!!
Ha I disagree but AMEN BROTHER! Lets play hockey! As a note, the line for tickets was at least a block long about 30 min ago, hoping its a sellout.
Go Hounds.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

EHSHack wrote: They (Rapids) really didn't show anything out of the ordinary beating a Peewee looking Cloquet team that iced the puck about 15,000 times Saturday.

Image5

Image2
Did you ever ponder whether or not that had anything to do with GR controlling the puck quite a bit in the CEC end?

If East is going to put up 5 goals tonight, I would think they would need to get more SOG on goal than the 1st meeting.

Good luck to both teams... but I'll be wearing some orange and making some noise tonight!
It is what it is!
mnsportsnetwork

Post by mnsportsnetwork »

Wanted to clarify tonight...here's the link to the game:

http://www.mnsportsnetwork.com/index.php#msbnchannel1
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Gotta bad feeling about this one. Now I've said this before and been wrong, but...

...Rapids by two.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
14hockey

Post by 14hockey »

No live video feed for this game?!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

14hockey wrote:No live video feed for this game?!
You have your choice of 3 radio feeds :roll: , but no video.
formerplayer37

Post by formerplayer37 »

Any hope of gaining a video feed later in the game once the state wrestling tournament is over?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

formerplayer37 wrote:Any hope of gaining a video feed later in the game once the state wrestling tournament is over?
Don't think so, unfortunately.
shyt

Post by shyt »

east wins 2-1 ot
mn man

Post by mn man »

2 to 1 Hounds in OT
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Forgive my excessive enthusiasm.

What a game, what a comeback.

I feel awful for Dom DiGiuseppi. What a job. He played his heart out tonight, and then it all went to pieces in two minutes. And congrats to Rapids for a very strong season. They're a deep, dangerous team who gave me a heart attack tonight. They'll be back next year, too.

See ya at the X, Hounds. Wow, did you earn this one.
SEMinnyHCKY

Post by SEMinnyHCKY »

I'm a Rapids fan in SE Minnesota (long story) - how can you NOT feel terrible for the GR seniors? What a punch to the gut. Awful!! Listening to it online and just can't believe it! To be up 1-0 late and lose like that. What was it like if you were there?!?!
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Back-to-back penalties in the 3rd absolutely sucked the rhythm out of Rapids' game. Wonderful contest, however. Either team would have represented the Northland well. Congrats, Hounds!