VIRGINIA/HIBBING, LET'S GET IT STARTED!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins 7A?

Virginia
44%
Hibbing
56%

Total votes: 45

RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

ryno44 wrote:
RangeHockeyFan1817 wrote:
ryno44 wrote:
chubbs wrote:Virginia will win again, been hearing the same thing from hibbing for the last two years. Virginia has so much experience winning the big game and hibbing has none. Virginia 5-1
You must not have seen Hibbing play lately, they are playing the best hockey they have played all year.

What big game are you talking about? You've been to state a total of 3 times and are 1-6 down there. Good job of representing 7a!

Ryno, you seriously need to find another hobby rather than coming online and bashing Virginia. The big game he is most likely referring to is the SECTION FINAL wich is what we're talking about. And you're attempt at a "diss" about Virginia not winning many games down there is silly, at least they got there! And we have seen how they've been playing lately, in case you've forgotten it was less than 2 weeks ago that Virginia shut Hibbing out 4-0
HAHA, you can pick whoever you want to win, your as biased as I am. Sure Virginia beat them, but they got back on track with a tie against Hermantown and completely destroying Central, so sure in your book, they've been playing bad but I'll let think whatever you want too. Have a nice evening...
They're playing pretty good the last couple games, I never said they weren't, I just pointed out that it wasn't that long ago that Virginia "completely destroyed" Hibbing (to use your words) I am sure it will be a close game and yes I am biased and think Virginia will win, isn't that the point of this thread, to give your opinion on who you think will win?

house69

Post by house69 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:26 pm

4-2 jackets empty netter, and make there way to the x

mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 pm

Virginia takes it again. Probably their best state tourny. As for Hibbing and being in the finals 9 years in a row, either get it done or man up and go back to AA.
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!

INDUS

virginia/hibbing

Post by INDUS » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:55 pm

is the sec 7a final on TV this year??, also the 7aa

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 pm

mnhockeynemn wrote:Virginia takes it again. Probably their best state tourny. As for Hibbing and being in the finals 9 years in a row, either get it done or man up and go back to AA.
Alright your comment pissed me off. I realize your team isn't good enough to make it to the finals, but really they have been good enough to win quite a few of these games, maybe not in the past couple years but definitly could have beat Hermantown and Marshall who did a great job at state those years.

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:44 pm

mnhockeynemn wrote:Virginia takes it again. Probably their best state tourny. As for Hibbing and being in the finals 9 years in a row, either get it done or man up and go back to AA.
The only reason you want them to move to AA is so Falls have a chance at a section final game. You guys play good during the regular season against all teams in 7a but can't put anything together for playoffs.

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: virginia/hibbing

Post by east hockey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

INDUS wrote:is the sec 7a final on TV this year??, also the 7aa
Yes, both finals will be on WDIO/WIRT-TV.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

RangeHockeyFan1817

Post by RangeHockeyFan1817 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm

ryno44 wrote:
The only reason you want them to move to AA is so Falls have a chance at a section final game. You guys play good during the regular season against all teams in 7a but can't put anything together for playoffs.
As much as it pains me.....lol I have to agree with ryno. Saying they should move up doesn't make any sense right now. They've been consistent, that doesn't mean they should automatically move up, if they won all of the 9 times they've been to the finals I might agree with you, but they haven't so why would they move up. And your post says that if they do win the section they shouldn't move up? like I said, it just doesn't make any sense.

pipersniper12

Post by pipersniper12 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 pm

What happened to dirtracing17? Figured he'd have some input on this one.
Hunt|Fish|Hockey

orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I gotta go with virginia in this one more depth and experience in the big game. It should be great game to watch I will go with virginia 5 hibbing 2. Sorry hibbing the streak continues... Anyone know if this game will be streamed online at all?

orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:36 pm

and what is Hibbing's record those years at the state tournament Ryno just curious must have been better than virginia o wait.....
ryno44 wrote:
RangeHockeyFan1817 wrote:
ryno44 wrote:
chubbs wrote:Virginia will win again, been hearing the same thing from hibbing for the last two years. Virginia has so much experience winning the big game and hibbing has none. Virginia 5-1
You must not have seen Hibbing play lately, they are playing the best hockey they have played all year.

What big game are you talking about? You've been to state a total of 3 times and are 1-6 down there. Good job of representing 7a!

Ryno, you seriously need to find another hobby rather than coming online and bashing Virginia. The big game he is most likely referring to is the SECTION FINAL wich is what we're talking about. And you're attempt at a "diss" about Virginia not winning many games down there is silly, at least they got there! And we have seen how they've been playing lately, in case you've forgotten it was less than 2 weeks ago that Virginia shut Hibbing out 4-0
HAHA, you can pick whoever you want to win, your as biased as I am. Sure Virginia beat them, but they got back on track with a tie against Hermantown and completely destroying Central, so sure in your book, they've been playing bad but I'll let think whatever you want too. Have a nice evening...

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:What is the over under on ryno, chubbs and nickmon getting this thread locked?

Hibbing 4 - Virginia 2
How the hell am I getting this thread locked? I made one damn comment and it was simply a score prediction. I have been pretty neutral on this forum all year and have kept my posting to a minimum. I even cleared up a couple arguments or two between other Hibbing and Virginia guys just so nobody ends up banned like last year. If you want me to start talking sh&t and getting threads locked again I will GLADLY start. Nothing personal but I just dont wanna get dragged into this bs.
The fighting team has a hockey problem

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 pm

pipersniper12 wrote:What happened to dirtracing17? Figured he'd have some input on this one.
Maybe he realized that its hard to argue against people who think they are right 110% of the time.
Last edited by nickmon3 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 pm

So since a team CANT make it to state in A means they should try to compete at the AA level? That makes alot of sense... ](*,) When you talk about how Virginia will beat Hibbing and have thier best state tourney doesnt that make them the ones who should opt up? I honestly dont think either team should but I just thought I would let you know that your comment made no sense and you should THINK :idea: before you post.

range_hockeyfan_79

Post by range_hockeyfan_79 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 pm

orlo4457 wrote:I gotta go with virginia in this one more depth and experience in the big game. It should be great game to watch I will go with virginia 5 hibbing 2. Sorry hibbing the streak continues... Anyone know if this game will be streamed online at all?
Ok i wasn't going to get into this because i usually don't but here is my 2 cents for what it is worth. I am from Hibbing i have been watching the bluejackets my whole life. I do have alot of pride but i don't come on here bickering and bantering about every game about this and that. These kids that are on here starting a bunch of crap are the kids in school and are just sticking up for their home team and school. Everyone on here just stoops to their level when they bicker and banter back. Kids will be kids. Just don't hold it against everyone from Hibbing that is on this board reading and sometimes posting on here when they stick up for their home town or team. Not everyone from Hibbing is like some of these kids are like on here. Just a few bad eggs can make everyone look bad. Couple more things. Hibbing has choked how many years in a row now. Big deal it happens maybe not this often but hey it just wasn't there time to go. Another thing.... Take good records and throw them out the door playoff time. Records mean nothing. If a team gets hot and is playing their best hockey at tourney time good for them. Hibbing went in 03 and 04. 03 I don't think they even had a .500 record and they took home harware. 04 I believe they were just above .500 maybe 12-11 and they took home hardware. Records mean nothing!! Personally i always enjoyed bein a underdog. So that's my 2 cents if it was worth anything. I know one thing i can't wait to watch a great game of hockey and an awesome rivalry. Hopefully no cheap stuff going on just flat out good hockey!!

So bash me if you want beacuse i will only smile

GO BLUEJACKETS!!

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

range_hockeyfan_79 wrote:
orlo4457 wrote:I gotta go with virginia in this one more depth and experience in the big game. It should be great game to watch I will go with virginia 5 hibbing 2. Sorry hibbing the streak continues... Anyone know if this game will be streamed online at all?
Ok i wasn't going to get into this because i usually don't but here is my 2 cents for what it is worth. I am from Hibbing i have been watching the bluejackets my whole life. I do have alot of pride but i don't come on here bickering and bantering about every game about this and that. These kids that are on here starting a bunch of crap are the kids in school and are just sticking up for their home team and school. Everyone on here just stoops to their level when they bicker and banter back. Kids will be kids. Just don't hold it against everyone from Hibbing that is on this board reading and sometimes posting on here when they stick up for their home town or team. Not everyone from Hibbing is like some of these kids are like on here. Just a few bad eggs can make everyone look bad. Couple more things. Hibbing has choked how many years in a row now. Big deal it happens maybe not this often but hey it just wasn't there time to go. Another thing.... Take good records and throw them out the door playoff time. Records mean nothing. If a team gets hot and is playing their best hockey at tourney time good for them. Hibbing went in 03 and 04. 03 I don't think they even had a .500 record and they took home harware. 04 I believe they were just above .500 maybe 12-11 and they took home hardware. Records mean nothing!! Personally i always enjoyed bein a underdog. So that's my 2 cents if it was worth anything. I know one thing i can't wait to watch a great game of hockey and an awesome rivalry. Hopefully no cheap stuff going on just flat out good hockey!!

GO BLUEJACKETS!!
Great post, couldnt agree more.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

I have a feeling Hibbing will take this one.

Hibbing - 4
Virginia - 2
2001 & 2006 State Participant

orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 am

I don't bash or say anything bad I show respect towards your school and give credit when credit is due can't you do the same. You have a great program and have represented the section well in passed years soo cant you show some respect to my former school. So what if they haven't played as well as we all hoped but come on the teams they played weren't to shabby either if i remember correctly they lost to hermantown in the first game 2-1 last year Hendo piped one if thats a goal completely diff game either way i think this section will be repped well can't wait till wednesday good luck...
nickmon3 wrote:

GO BLUEJACKETS!!

oldtimehockey77

Post by oldtimehockey77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 am

I have to laugh at what these kids come up with. I remember before last years game it was FEAR THE BEARD and now this year it is REVERSE THE CURSE. I hope everyone enjoys the game.

range_hockeyfan_79

Post by range_hockeyfan_79 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 am

orlo4457 wrote:I don't bash or say anything bad I show respect towards your school and give credit when credit is due can't you do the same. You have a great program and have represented the section well in passed years soo cant you show some respect to my former school. So what if they haven't played as well as we all hoped but come on the teams they played weren't to shabby either if i remember correctly they lost to hermantown in the first game 2-1 last year Hendo piped one if thats a goal completely diff game either way i think this section will be repped well can't wait till wednesday good luck...
nickmon3 wrote:

GO BLUEJACKETS!!

Hey man i didn't mean to post that message to just you its to everyone that goes at each others throats on here. I don't usually post that much on here and when i do if you have seen my other posts I do not bash other teams. All i was tryin to get across through that message is that not everyone from Hibbing is like one another. I am sure alot of people have pride for their home team and that's great. That's the way it should be. I guess just got sick of everyone talking down on my home team because of a couple bad eggs is all and wanted to clear it up. If i even did that lol The rivalry between these two teams is a heated one but i know one thing over the years it has been fun to watch and I know the game tomorrow is going to be all that much fun and more to watch. So i hope everyone enjoys the game and hope everyone comes to cheer for their home teams.

GO BLUEJACKETS!!

brett04glory

RE

Post by brett04glory » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 am

Virginia 4-1. Hibbing players did the dumbest thing they could do last saturday going into the marshall student section. If that didnt show fear in playing Virginia I dont know what does. Central looked god awful, so dont get too high off of that. I think Hibbings lack of depth, and terrible D prevent their high flying 1st line from winning the title. Judnick shuts down Hibbings top line, Hibbings D will choke, they have nobody.

house69

Re: RE

Post by house69 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 am

brett04glory wrote:Virginia 4-1. Hibbing players did the dumbest thing they could do last saturday going into the marshall student section. If that didnt show fear in playing Virginia I dont know what does. Central looked god awful, so dont get too high off of that. I think Hibbings lack of depth, and terrible D prevent their high flying 1st line from winning the title. Judnick shuts down Hibbings top line, Hibbings D will choke, they have nobody.

If we have no D then tell me why pechovnik is playing on the all star team. He's one of the best up here so don't say we have no D

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 am

Hibbing by a goal

rangefan

Post by rangefan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:51 am

brett04glory- Are you an inbreed or do you just like to make yourself look like one. I hope Hibbing embarrass' Virginia tonight just to shut you and all your other hockey dads from Virginia up. Virginia hockey fans are one of a kind, and think of the most outrageous reasons to bitch :roll:
The real March Madness is at the X

rainier

Post by rainier » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 am

I see the game will be on 10/13 for TV, but does anyone know if video or audio will be streamed anywhere on the interweb? Gonna be a great game!