hermantown vs. rogers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

thle0701

hermantown vs. rogers

Post by thle0701 »

Hermantown is obviously favored in this one. Does Rogers have a chance in this one or is this it for them?
mj79

Post by mj79 »

What a terrible waste of bandwidth... ;)

Oh and to answer your question.. Hell does freeze over, but its not very often
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Hermantown by several goals.

8)
The Puck
LGW
MnMade-4-Life

Re: hermantown vs. rogers

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

thle0701 wrote:Hermantown is obviously favored in this one. Does Rogers have a chance in this one or is this it for them?
Hermantown by 3.
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
puckulence

Post by puckulence »

The game can go two ways and it all depends on how disciplines Rogers is during the game. If they go to the box like they did against Proctor Hermantown should win by 3 or 4. If they stay out of the box the game will be close. It all comes down to keeping the hawks off the power play.
DMan-dad

Post by DMan-dad »

Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the door if they need to be purchased in advance? I've never been to Champlin before - is it a big arena? Will it sell out? Thanks.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

DMan-dad wrote:Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the door if they need to be purchased in advance? I've never been to Champlin before - is it a big arena? Will it sell out? Thanks.
It looks like a decent size arena but I expect it to be packed. Hermantown travels well and I believe Rogers is within 20 minutes of the arena.

2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
DMan-dad wrote:Does anyone know if tickets will be available at the door if they need to be purchased in advance? I've never been to Champlin before - is it a big arena? Will it sell out? Thanks.
It looks like a decent size arena but I expect it to be packed. Hermantown travels well and I believe Rogers is within 20 minutes of the arena.

wow thats really a NEUTRAL location 3 plus hour drive for hermantown and 20 minutes for Rogers, you citidiots really need to blow your NEUTRAL locations out of your ***

hawks by six walking off the bus to just pound the citidiots
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

I suppose in all fairness the Hawks have had it easy the past couple years..... just a 20 minute ride over to Cloquet
royals03

Post by royals03 »

2good4u wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote:

wow thats really a NEUTRAL location 3 plus hour drive for hermantown and 20 minutes for Rogers, you citidiots really need to blow your NEUTRAL locations out of your ***

I guess they did this way so if Rogers wins Hermantown can claim it was not fair because they were so close to home. Last year where did they play? Oh yea In Hermantown's backyard.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:I suppose in all fairness the Hawks have had it easy the past couple years..... just a 20 minute ride over to Cloquet
20 minutes? How did they get there....bicycles? :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

east hockey wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote:I suppose in all fairness the Hawks have had it easy the past couple years..... just a 20 minute ride over to Cloquet

Lee
No probably daddy's $50,000 SUV..... there seems to be a large number of these roaming the streets of H'town 8)
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

2good4u wrote:wow thats really a NEUTRAL location 3 plus hour drive for hermantown and 20 minutes for Rogers, you citidiots really need to blow your NEUTRAL locations out of your ***

Teams never play in their home rink during section time.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Teams never play in their home rink during section time.

:idea:
:lol:

If that was only true...

8)
The Puck
LGW
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

royals03 wrote:
2good4u wrote:
hshockeyfan53 wrote: It looks like a decent size arena but I expect it to be packed. Hermantown travels well and I believe Rogers is within 20 minutes of the arena.

I guess they did this way so if Rogers wins Hermantown can claim it was not fair because they were so close to home. Last year where did they play? Oh yea In Hermantown's backyard.
ya it was in cloquet you tool but i guess you forgot that they played DULUTH DENFIELD last year to go to state too so both teams had a 25 minute drive, know what your talking about before you speak!
cooperalls4ever

Post by cooperalls4ever »

best example of playing Section Final games in your own backyard or home rink is Duluth East (DECC, AMSOIL-which will be a "neutral" site)
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

Royals03 the game would of been in Cloquet if you would not of snuck past Proctor. .
Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya »

2good4u wrote:
royals03 wrote:
2good4u wrote: wow thats really a NEUTRAL location 3 plus hour drive for hermantown and 20 minutes for Rogers, you citidiots really need to blow your NEUTRAL locations out of your ***

ya it was in cloquet you tool but i guess you forgot that they played DULUTH DENFIELD last year to go to state too so both teams had a 25 minute drive, know what your talking about before you speak!
Al right 2good4u you tool maybe you should think before you speak. They rotate the site every year. North one year South the next. If two teams make it from the north or two from the south they use the site that works accordingly. Now tell me what site is at the half way point that works for both schools with enough seating to hold everyone? I can't think of one. They used to have it at the MAC but with SCC making it to the finals that surely wasn't fair. So instead they make it as fair as they can and every other year it changes. Perhaps we should petition the MSHL to build a rink around what the north branch area or would you like it farther north? With you now knowing how it rotates and next year it being up north as long as two southern teams don't make it here's a quote out of 2good4u's book "you Idiots up north can take the neutral site next year and shove it up your ***"

I don't think people up north are idiots just 2good4u
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

karl, you want to get this one? :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
defense

Post by defense »

wow. What would people be saying had Apollo High actually won their semi against Alex??????, which is way less of a stretch than the quarter they won against LF.
hawkfan

Post by hawkfan »

hshockeyfan53 wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
No probably daddy's $50,000 SUV..... there seems to be a large number of these roaming the streets of H'town 8)
I know.....aint it great :D

like any team really has a say in where the game is played
good teams win in the playoffs and it doesn't matter where the game is played
defense

Post by defense »

I think they should've played it in Moorhead. That would be about equal.
hshockeyfan53

Post by hshockeyfan53 »

defense wrote:I think they should've played it in Moorhead. That would be about equal.
I love the sarcasm :D
iwearmysunglassesatnight

Post by iwearmysunglassesatnight »

first of all, Rogers folk should not be referred to as cidiots, as they are not a part of the metro area. So please drop the c.

Secondly us cidiots don't want them in state, so go HERMANTOWN.
Was a duster and paying for it?????
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:karl, you want to get this one? :mrgreen:

Lee
*Yawn* Good to see our section playoff site location argument had drifted into 5A as well...