Apple Valley Vs Eagan, 3AA section finals

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

AVPuck2010

Apple Valley Vs Eagan, 3AA section finals

Post by AVPuck2010 »

What team do you think will win?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

It's going to be one heck of a game! AV 4-3 OT
AVPuck2010

Post by AVPuck2010 »

It all matters how AV's Defense plays, i was at the game at eagan and for a few minutes they wer'nt playing like they usually do and they let 2 goals in not that far apart, if gretz and the D lock down they will win, hopefully he will play like he did in last yrs sections and state
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Should be great game AV has come out on top most of the way up. [Pee-wee, Bantams] Fun to see game.
TooManyEagles

Post by TooManyEagles »

AV 4
Eagan 2

Fasching and Michaelson will pack too much offensive punch, and Gretz will have a pretty good game in net.
EastMetro Hockey10

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 »

I'm going with my gut here.

Apple Valley 3
Eagan 1
Bum Mahoney

Post by Bum Mahoney »

Eagan 4
AV 2
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

The Empire will be in attendance.

Eagan 3
Apple Valley 2

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Comes down to goaltending, these teams are very even offensively and defensively...I will go with my heart and say Eagan 4-3 OT !! GO CATS !!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

Apple Valley 5 Eagan O
-close game the 1st five minutes-
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:Apple Valley 5 Eagan O
Oops, missed on that one... :oops:
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

TooManyEagles wrote:AV 4
Eagan 2

Fasching and Michaelson will pack too much offensive punch, and Gretz will have a pretty good game in net.
Really? Fasching 0, Michaelson 0, Apple Valley 0
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Comes down to goaltending, these teams are very even offensively and defensively...I will go with my heart and say Eagan 4-3 OT !! GO CATS !!
eagan won a well played game. but it wasn't goaltending that was strong for them. it maybe a weakness in state
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:Comes down to goaltending, these teams are very even offensively and defensively...I will go with my heart and say Eagan 4-3 OT !! GO CATS !!
eagan won a well played game. but it wasn't goaltending that was strong for them. it maybe a weakness in state
Well it didnt hurt them, Boedeker did get a shutout.
playerplayer1

Post by playerplayer1 »

More like trippedovertheblueline and banged his head!!!
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

playerplayer1 wrote:
More like trippedovertheblueline and banged his head!!!
Flu ended this before it started
Survey

Post by Survey »

Apple Valley's Michaelson was sicker than a dog. Guess had horrible case of flu and was throwing up all day. Too bad these kids wait for these moments all year and then something they can't control happens.

I said in the beginning of the year when I watched this Eagan team they would pose a threat all year and end up going to state. Now that they are at the "X" I wouldn't want to be a team that faces them first round that's for sure.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

Eagan dominated the game until they scored in the third period. They pulled back and Apple Valley came at them strong. Good teams but after watching Edina, Wayzata, and Eden Prairie you can see the difference between good teams and very good teams.
playerplayer1

Post by playerplayer1 »

greenway1969 wrote:Eagan dominated the game until they scored in the third period. They pulled back and Apple Valley came at them strong. Good teams but after watching Edina, Wayzata, and Eden Prairie you can see the difference between good teams and very good teams.
They're all very good at this point. Eagan beat EP this year 4-2 and lost to Edina 7-6 after coming back from being down 5-1 to tie it 6-6. If you talk to Edina players my guess is they would say Eagan is tough to play against and comes at you hard. I would say if Hill and MG win tonight any of the six teams excluding LS or LN and Moorhead(no disrespect) could win the title. As always it will probably come down to whoever the hottest goalie is on those teams. Irregardless, it is shaping up to be a great high school hockey tourney next week. What a fun time of the year.
The Thirsty Whale

Post by The Thirsty Whale »

hats off to Eagan, they have a solid all-around team
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

HHF.... I haven't been around much this year, but when I saw the score in the paper.. I lifted my beer glass and gave you a toast of congrats!!

Good Luck!!
Vinko Bogataj

Post by Vinko Bogataj »

Survey wrote:Apple Valley's Michaelson was sicker than a dog. Guess had horrible case of flu and was throwing up all day. Too bad these kids wait for these moments all year and then something they can't control happens.

I said in the beginning of the year when I watched this Eagan team they would pose a threat all year and end up going to state. Now that they are at the "X" I wouldn't want to be a team that faces them first round that's for sure.
Correct- AJ was taking fluids during the day fighting dehydration and was ridiculously sick. Still no excuses, I live in AV and am an Eagle fan, but Eagan deserved the win. Trivia for you- Eagan Coach Taylor played with AJ's dad back in the day at Valley. Coach T still lives in AV, is active in AVHA and is a great person. He and his squad have this Valley fans best wishes next week. Eagan can play with EP, Edina or Hill. If they play their game, they will be a tough out. Good luck to Coach Taylor.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Goldfishdude wrote:HHF.... I haven't been around much this year, but when I saw the score in the paper.. I lifted my beer glass and gave you a toast of congrats!!

Good Luck!!
Thanks Goldfishdude! I can relax now and just enjoy watching them play in the State Tourney, I know they will put on a great show win or lose...at least this year I wont have to drink myself blind...lol (kidding of course)...its gonna be a great tourney and you can find me in section 112 decked out in my Eagan blues cheering them on !! GO CATS !!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:HHF.... I haven't been around much this year, but when I saw the score in the paper.. I lifted my beer glass and gave you a toast of congrats!!

Good Luck!!
Thanks Goldfishdude! I can relax now and just enjoy watching them play in the State Tourney, I know they will put on a great show win or lose...at least this year I wont have to drink myself blind...lol (kidding of course)...its gonna be a great tourney and you can find me in section 112 decked out in my Eagan blues cheering them on !! GO CATS !!
I just had to chuckle out loud at when I posted that youtube video of the drunk crashing into things at the convenient store when people were looking for you... Priceless.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Goldfishdude wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:

Good Luck!!
I just had to chuckle out loud at when I posted that youtube video of the drunk crashing into things at the convenient store when people were looking for you... Priceless.
Classic for sure !! I had to look twice, I thought it really WAS me...lol