The Classic Final: White Bear vs. Hill Murray

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who's Going to state?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Da Bears
45%
Da north metro all stars
55%

Total votes: 56

wbhockey02

The Classic Final: White Bear vs. Hill Murray

Post by wbhockey02 »

Well no sense in wasting time, lets get this thing crackalackin! Who Ya Got?
Of course Ill go with my hometown team.
Da Bears- 4 HM- 3, 3OT
got some

Post by got some »

Love this rivalry, despite the skewed results in recent years. If only I could be there for the action.

As always, gonna have to go with my Bears in this one
3-2 2OT
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

4-0 hill
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

gotta go with my boys to keep the streak alive. I just can't see it break in sections.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
got some

Post by got some »

Are you guys as excited as I am for st. paul's post of statistics???????? :lol:
Last edited by got some on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orty

Post by Orty »

After watching both squads tonight - I'm going with HM by a TD.

Orty
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Orty is obviousley blind everyone so lets fill him in... Roseville had at least 4 open net oportunities in the first and second period and didnt capitalize at all... the final score of that game doesnt repusent how the game went .. 2-1 going into the 3rd... Roseville outplayed hill in the first hill in 2nd and 3rd....

As far as the white bear stillwater game the refs were horrible in the 3rd.. how are you gonna give 2 penatlties under 7 minutes???? If white bear has half the chances roseville got in there game it could be a blow out...

WBL 3 Hill 2

Orty wrote:After watching both squads tonight - I'm going with HM by a TD.

Orty
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Also i thought hill played very poor for being number 1 in state against an average roseville team...
iLLuminati_666 wrote:Orty is obviousley blind everyone so lets fill him in... Roseville had at least 4 open net oportunities in the first and second period and didnt capitalize at all... the final score of that game doesnt repusent how the game went .. 2-1 going into the 3rd... Roseville outplayed hill in the first hill in 2nd and 3rd....

As far as the white bear stillwater game the refs were horrible in the 3rd.. how are you gonna give 2 penatlties under 7 minutes???? If white bear has half the chances roseville got in there game it could be a blow out...

WBL 3 Hill 2

Orty
greyhoundsnation27

Post by greyhoundsnation27 »

got some wrote:Are you guys as excited as I am for st. paul's post of statistics???????? :lol:
You mean how there's no point in cheering for any other team because Hill is so much better than them? Yeah, not really
Orty

Post by Orty »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:Orty is obviousley blind everyone so lets fill him in... Roseville had at least 4 open net oportunities in the first and second period and didnt capitalize at all... the final score of that game doesnt repusent how the game went .. 2-1 going into the 3rd... Roseville outplayed hill in the first hill in 2nd and 3rd....

WBL 3 Hill 2

Orty
See the game thread re the game. I agree with you on the HM/RSVL game. :D
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

If WBL's big three play like they did tonight, this game will be HM in running time. By far the worst game I have seen Jansen play this year. He looked afraid to go near the net. Wahlin got drilled early and didn't look very active the rest of the game. Very lazy when Stillwater got the puck out of their own zone. And the third line. Oh boy, they only saw the ice a couple of shifts each period and were brutal. I think in the second period, their were two pipes and a waved off goal in one shift against them.

If the big three decide to show up, then HM wins in a 2 goal game.

Good luck Bears. I would love to see you end the streak! But you got to give 110% to have any chance.
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

I think the big 3 were playing very conservative tonight because of how some coachs like to GUN for players... Example: Justin Hausworth last year in the semi finals recived a check from behind from little housley junior(no penalty) and broke his spine ended up sitting out the championship game against hill....
I think Sager was trying to protect the big 3 which i give him props

BodyShots wrote:If WBL's big three play like they did tonight, this game will be HM in running time. By far the worst game I have seen Jansen play this year. He looked afraid to go near the net. Wahlin got drilled early and didn't look very active the rest of the game. Very lazy when Stillwater got the puck out of their own zone. And the third line. Oh boy, they only saw the ice a couple of shifts each period and were brutal. I think in the second period, their were two pipes and a waved off goal in one shift against them.

If the big three decide to show up, then HM wins in a 2 goal game.

Good luck Bears. I would love to see you end the streak! But you got to give 110% to have any chance.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Always celly hard.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

:lol:

Never seen that one before!

8)
The Puck
LGW
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Sadly, I would love to be hopeful cause we have the best line we have had in awhile but Sager=Choke=Fail.

1-4 Hill
Just_Another_Fan

Post by Just_Another_Fan »

HM-5
Bears-2

Unless Schletty has the game of his life, I am giving the bears a one in one hundred shot of winning this game.
HSHockeyPurist

Post by HSHockeyPurist »

HM 6-3, but I hope I'm wrong and it's a close, high intensity game
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

I really hope WBL wins..

so bored of seeing HM in state every year.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Master Recruiter wrote:I really hope WBL wins..

so bored of seeing HM in state every year.
Maybe you are recruiting for the wrong team...
buzzershot

Post by buzzershot »

My heart says WBL but my head says Hill. The Extras came up BIG for the Bears against Stilly, however, the Bears Honored three will have to show up for the Hill game as will the Extras for even a close game. Good luck Bears! Break the streak...or is it a curse I'm not sure anymore. :?
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Other than Little Falls getting knocked out early this year, there really hasn't been any big upsets yet. So I'll be there rooting for White Bear! 8)
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

buzzershot wrote:My heart says WBL but my head says Hill. The Extras came up BIG for the Bears against Stilly, however, the Bears Honored three will have to show up for the Hill game as will the Extras for even a close game. Good luck Bears! Break the streak...or is it a curse I'm not sure anymore. :?
The three didnt show up last time they played thats for sure lol
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Either Hill Murray or White Bear has won the section every year this millennium (since 2000) with the exception of 2004 when Centennial won section 3AA and State. Since 2000, White Bear has won the section 3AA or 4AA championship 3 times. Hill Murray has won 7 times, including 5 straight going back to 2006. They have played each other in the section finals 7 times since 2000, with White Bear winning once (2001).
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

got some wrote:Are you guys as excited as I am for st. paul's post of statistics???????? :lol:
Yes, I am.

8)
The Puck
LGW
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Lets just hope they move some snow at the Fairgrounds before Friday's game. I couldn't believe entering the main entrance off of Snelling and seeing cars parked after my first left. I was expecting the place to be filled, only to enter the building and seeing the place half empty. If the parking was that bad last night, then Friday night will be a nightmare!