All Metro 1st Team

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle »

trippedovertheblueline wrote:kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed
I'd be interested to hear "why" you think he's better. I know he's good, even great (no question), but better than Rau and Cameranesi... really?
AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle »

AlterEagle wrote:
trippedovertheblueline wrote:kloos is not only deserving, but better then these great forwards listed
I'd be interested to hear "why" you think he's better. I know he's good, even great (no question), but better than Rau and Cameranesi... really?
And I wonder how Kloos would have faired in the Lake this year. If EP would've been able to play in the South Suburban, Rau would've been the state points leader. But instead he had to play Lake and settle for a tie for 10th.
eh?

Post by eh? »

What about Timmy Bonner of Osseo? He did break the schools all-time scoring record this year. On another note, I only have seen Coyne play one game this season (against Blaine at Blaine) and he seemed to be pretty solid, but maybe I just caught him on a good day?
5th Line Center

Post by 5th Line Center »

Sats81 wrote:Star Trib All-Metro team typically seems like a "popularity" contest every year and yes, BodyShots, the Press will have a much diff team as they always do.....Any guesses on Metro Player of the year?
Who really cares? All-metro whatever...there is not much sense to it; likewise the weekly ranking of the metro teams... Most of the state is being ignored. I guess the Strib doesn't have enough to write about. :roll:
gerryodrowski

Post by gerryodrowski »

The Greatness wrote:I think daly should be on this list over Seeler. Daly was much more important to his team that Seeler was to his team
This is not an MVP award.
lnhsshaun

Post by lnhsshaun »

AlterEagle wrote:
AlterEagle wrote:
And I wonder how Kloos would have faired in the Lake this year. If EP would've been able to play in the South Suburban, Rau would've been the state points leader. But instead he had to play Lake and settle for a tie for 10th.
I have played against both Rau and Kloos. Personally i think Kloos is better. My reasons for it?..
1. He plays on a team where their is not any depth and he has to " do it himself"
2. He has the highest amount of points..( think if he was on a team like EP and could have more help)
3. entire teams have had to change their gameplay to bottle up Kloos and send extra defenders his way, although teams have also done the same for Rau.
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Comparing Kloos to Rau is very difficult because the strength of the support as mentioned by lnhsshaun is so vastly different. Personally, I think Rau is better and is the best player in the state. His numbers are awesome against the top competition. However, for Kloos, he has to get some real credit for these numbers. Most of the time he did this while being completely over played because that is what gave LS the best chance to win. Some games I attend it seemed as if Kloos were out there over 3/4 the game.

Overall, I do think Kloos should have been first team all-state, but in the end if he stays he will just get it next year. But, arguing about him being better than say Rau is fairly meaningless seeing as they play on such different teams and against a way different level of competition.

The only player on the list that seems to be questionable in regards to Kloos is dockry. Same conference, with kloos being 1st in points and dockry being 2nd but with a separation of 19 points.
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

longdistancespectator8 wrote:Comparing Kloos to Rau is very difficult because the strength of the support as mentioned by lnhsshaun is so vastly different. Personally, I think Rau is better and is the best player in the state. His numbers are awesome against the top competition. However, for Kloos, he has to get some real credit for these numbers. Most of the time he did this while being completely over played because that is what gave LS the best chance to win. Some games I attend it seemed as if Kloos were out there over 3/4 the game.

Overall, I do think Kloos should have been first team all-state, but in the end if he stays he will just get it next year. But, arguing about him being better than say Rau is fairly meaningless seeing as they play on such different teams and against a way different level of competition.

The only player on the list that seems to be questionable in regards to Kloos is dockry. Same conference, with kloos being 1st in points and dockry being 2nd but with a separation of 19 points.
I completely agree. IMHO, Rau and Cameranesi deserve to be on the "All Metro" team, no question. But I wonder, I would bet dollars to donuts that if Kloos were a senior and Dockry were a junior, Kloos would be there and not Dockry. Nothing against Dockry - he's a great player, but just how "politically correct" do we have to be? If you want to make it the "All Metro Senior" first team, why not just call it that?

Just one man's opinion
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Neuuman-Great point. Dockry is a fantastic player, but if he was a jr and kloos a sr, roles would have been reversed. Typical strib political correctness
Neuuman

Post by Neuuman »

Goldfishdude wrote:
BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the All Metro team from the PIONEER press will have a different slant to it! Maybe a few more players from the East Metro?

I'm sorry, but how are you a Mr. Hockey finalist and not even included in the All Metro team?
Body... another solid question is:

Are all these guys committed to the Gophers??

Is Kloos??
He is now
narpsauce

Post by narpsauce »

Guru20 wrote:.
Forgot about Engum too, he was really good this year. Surprised him, Shaughnessy, or Ford didn't get it.[/quote]

Shaughnessy I agree and I'm sure he was in the running, my guess is coaches didn't like his schedule and by my very quick glance he had 11 games where he faced 14 shots or less. I'm surprised that Ford was up for the Brimsek award, to be fair I've only seen him play 3 games this year but even with the tough schedule it seems like with those Defensemen and team in front of him his save % should have been better.

I would think that guys like Lehr (Roseville), Malvin (Blaine), and Glockner (Minnetonka), were considered also.[/quote]

If Lehr would have played more games, which he should have, he would have been a top contender... Hard to justify a kid as all-metro when he only plays 15 or so games.