Where did most of these St Thomas kids play their yth hockey

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Master Recruiter

Where did most of these St Thomas kids play their yth hockey

Post by Master Recruiter »

first time watching them. These are some talented players. where are most of them from?
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

Mendota Heights, of course :lol:
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

I think the schroeders played for lakeville not sure but that's where there from
2012 pond hockey All Star
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

kroska, reid, shroeder: Lakeville South
Commers: Edina

to name a few
Master Recruiter

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:kroska, reid, shroeder: Lakeville South

to name a few
so St Thomas' first line could all have been on Lakeville South this year? :shock: :shock: :shock:
PuckU126

Re: Where did most of these St Thomas kids play their yth ho

Post by PuckU126 »

Master Recruiter wrote:first time watching them. These are some talented players. where are most of them from?
Let me get you a map of the metro area...

8)
The Puck
LGW
Master Recruiter

to name a few
leaving a AA program like Edina to go STA? wonder what the story is there?
celly93

Post by celly93 »

I find it interesting how people think that the only justifiable way that a person would play hockey for a private school is if they lived next door to it. People don't go to St. Thomas, the only school of its kind in Minnesota, because it is convenient. I go to BSM (yes, I realize that according to high school hockey fans, that makes me a terrible person) and probably only 15% of the student body lives in St. Louis Park. Why should the hockey team be any different?
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

celly93 wrote:
I find it interesting how people think that the only justifiable way that a person would play hockey for a private school is if they lived next door to it. People don't go to St. Thomas, the only school of its kind in Minnesota, because it is convenient. I go to BSM (yes, I realize that according to high school hockey fans, that makes me a terrible person) and probably only 15% of the student body lives in St. Louis Park. Why should the hockey team be any different?
because they are recruited obviously! they would have never gone there if it wasnt for hockey!

/sarcasm
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

celly93 wrote:
I went to STA, just a little joke. I agree with you though, STA was garbage at hockey ten years ago, and the first wave of good players did not go there because of hockey, but many people are too dumb to understand this. And if a hockey player is from the area, they were obviously recruited shortly after birth when the parents were looking for a house.
:lol:
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
mj79

Post by mj79 »

PuckU126 wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:first time watching them. These are some talented players. where are most of them from?

8)
HA!!
pioneerhockey12

Post by pioneerhockey12 »

hmmm... reid, schroeder, and kloos on the lakeville south first line? would have been nice to bring a state title to section 1
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

PuckU126 wrote:

8)
You need to expand your map a little more............. Christian Isackson was from Pine City. :roll: :wink:
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:

8)
You need to expand your map a little more............. Christian Isackson was from Pine City. :roll: :wink:
Do I have to get a State map? :lol: :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Master Recruiter wrote:

to name a few
so St Thomas' first line could all have been on Lakeville South this year? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Kinda like last year's Stillwater Abandoneers that could of won a championship for their community. :?

Add Clint Lewis (Shattuck, U16NTDP) from Lakeville South
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Don't forgot Brady skeji he should be at south but went to the usntdp
2012 pond hockey All Star
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:

to name a few
Kinda like last year's Stillwater Abandoneers that could of won a championship for their community. :?

DotaDangler is so wrong. The communities south of Mendota Heights did nothing wrong here. St Thomas is completely in the wrong for building an arena on campus and improving their program so it is appealing to young teenagers. And the program they left is by no means at "fault" for not making theirs appealing enough that they would stay in it. It is the program they went to you should be upset with and not the program they left. DotaDangler is so clueless :roll:

On a serious note, it would be interesting to know where ALL of the players from different private schools grew up and what programs they played for.

Would be interesting to think of what hockey would be like if programs beyond bantams were played for community, like they are up until bantams.
DUCKS

Post by DUCKS »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote: so St Thomas' first line could all have been on Lakeville South this year? :shock: :shock: :shock:

DotaDangler is so wrong. The communities south of Mendota Heights did nothing wrong here. St Thomas is completely in the wrong for building an arena on campus and improving their program so it is appealing to young teenagers. And the program they left is by no means at "fault" for not making theirs appealing enough that they would stay in it. It is the program they went to you should be upset with and not the program they left. DotaDangler is so clueless :roll:

On a serious note, it would be interesting to know where ALL of the players from different private schools grew up and what programs they played for.

Would be interesting to think of what hockey would be like if programs beyond bantams were played for community, like they are up until bantams.[/quote

And before that 5 to 6 years ago the top lines as in 2 could of play for lets say IGH or AV
phil mccracken

Post by phil mccracken »

wblhcky24 wrote:Don't forgot Brady skeji he should be at south but went to the usntdp
Lakeville North, your wrong.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote: so St Thomas' first line could all have been on Lakeville South this year? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Would be interesting to think of what hockey would be like if programs beyond bantams were played for community, like they are up until bantams.
Have you been drinking? :lol:

On a serious note, If you read the article "to become a Pioneer" on the Hockey Hub it actually talks about many parents sending and players attending just for Hockey reasons (leaving if they don't make it). In my opinion it makes a mockery of the fabric of Minnesota High School Hockey. Just an opinion...
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

MrBoDangles wrote:
HShockeywatcher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: Kinda like last year's Stillwater Abandoneers that could of won a championship for their community. :?

Have you been drinking? :lol:

On a serious note, If you read the article "to become a Pioneer" on the Hockey Hub it actually talks about many parents sending and players attending just for Hockey reasons (leaving if they don't make it). In my opinion it makes a mockery of the fabric of Minnesota High School Hockey. Just an opinion...
Sadly no. Hopefully you caught at least some of the sarcasm...

Agreed. I remember a few years ago when there were about 60 or 70 guys trying out for the Holy Angels team. Those who didn't make it played in other leagues or didn't play, didn't hear of any simply leaving the school.

It would be interesting to see where kids would go if there were no rules on transferring...
eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

Regardless of where all of them come from this year, IMHO they do not belong in the single A tourney. I realize that New Ulm looked highly underclassed to STA tonight, but they truely fit in class A. STA on the other hand are a conglomerate of kids mosly from AA program areas. Absolutly no different than BSM, Hill, or AHA. Although I lothe most of these teams, I have a ton more respect for them stepping up to play with the big boys. I dont know how much TRF has left in their tank, but i am truely hoping that they continue their run by running over STA.
On any given night!
ICE23

Post by ICE23 »

moved
Last edited by ICE23 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 »

They get a lot of kids from Lakeville (South)
MajorBender

Post by MajorBender »

Sattlers played in Marshall, MN. Its good and bad to see them on a successful team.