How bad is Lou Nanne as an announcer?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

How Bad is Lou Nanne?

Good
63%
Bad
16%
Atrocious
21%

Total votes: 86

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Lou did improve this year in the few times I saw the broadcast. I watched a replay of a lot of the championship game and my only gripe with him is he kept calling Kyle Rau Curt. Like he actually said something to the effect of "Curt Rau gets the game winner with and assist from his twin brother Curt....I mean Kyle Rau." But overall much less biased this year.
EP two out of three.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Howie wrote:Agreed. Louie is a great person and hockey ambassador for this state. The true hockey fans in this state love him and respect him immensely. The people who criticize Lou either are 1. Very young and have no clue who he is. 2. Never followed or played hockey before their kids started playing. 3. Just don't like edina and associate the team with Lou.
Couldn't agree more.
ALSECORD

Post by ALSECORD »

Lou's a legend as far as i'm concerned. But, IMO Chorske on the Wild telecast's and Housley could be the 2 worst announcer's i can remember. Why do they always feel that we need former Goofer's and former MN High School player's calling the games?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Lou is MN hockey. I bought his first book. I think he's great.
Govie

Post by Govie »

I like Nanne. (2 cents)
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

Calling two games a night and keeping the players names straight (mostly) is impressive. Many of the comments and stories are tired, but its tough not repeating yourself over a run of 47 years. He's not funny or exciting, but his obvious love for the game, the tournament and tradition more than makes up for that.

My only complaint about Lou is his old school attitude of "let 'em play the game". Games are usually better when the rules are enforced. I know not everyone feels that way.
The X

Post by The X »

luckyEPDad wrote:Calling two games a night and keeping the players names straight (mostly) is impressive. Many of the comments and stories are tired, but its tough not repeating yourself over a run of 47 years. He's not funny or exciting, but his obvious love for the game, the tournament and tradition more than makes up for that.

My only complaint about Lou is his old school attitude of "let 'em play the game". Games are usually better when the rules are enforced. I know not everyone feels that way.
I think what Lou might be saying when he uses the phrase"let 'em play the game" is, once you get to state nobody wants to see the refs make ticky tack calls to determine the outcome of the biggest games in these kids lives. Not sure what you think, but it seems this happens all too often during the regular season and even in sections.
standout4thlinejver

Post by standout4thlinejver »

Nanne is fine. It's the non-HD picture that I can't take. It's almost hard to watch after viewing NHL/Wild and Gopher games in HD on FSN, Versus, NBC, etc. for so long now.
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

I don't think there is a hockey announcer in the business that if asked would suggest they could cover that tournament any better. He is a legend.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:I don't think there is a hockey announcer in the business that if asked would suggest they could cover that tournament any better. He is a legend.
When he retires the AA telecasts won't be the same. Just hope they don't promote Housley to take his place! :roll:
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

HockeyMN1 wrote:Lou did improve this year in the few times I saw the broadcast. I watched a replay of a lot of the championship game and my only gripe with him is he kept calling Kyle Rau Curt. Like he actually said something to the effect of "Curt Rau gets the game winner with and assist from his twin brother Curt....I mean Kyle Rau." But overall much less biased this year.
I have to laugh at (not humoring you at all) that due to the fact of his age. How many times did your grandfather call you your brothers name? I bet Lou gets his Grandkids mixed up all the time, it all comes with age. I remember my Grandfather calling me 3 different names til he got it correct and we all laughed about. I enjoyed listening to Lou during the tourney correcting the statement's Clay was making. There is no one else that has the experience and knowledge he has to broadcast the best hockey games in MN