ALL STAR HOCKEY GAME (Duluth Vs. Iron Range) 3/15 @ AMSOIL

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Kernz

ALL STAR HOCKEY GAME (Duluth Vs. Iron Range) 3/15 @ AMSOIL

Post by Kernz »

HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY ALL-STAR ROSTERS ANNOUNCED

Duluth, MN: Kernz & Kompany; Marketing & Special Events have released the names of those high school hockey players who will represent Duluth against the best of the Iron Range and Northern Minnesota.

The St. Luke’s Orthopedics & Sports Medicine High School All-Star Hockey Game (formerly CCM All-Star Hockey Game) will take to the ice at the AMSOIL Arena on Tuesday, March 15th. This will mark the 19th consecutive game between the two teams dating back to 1999 with Duluth holding a 14-5-0 record. However, this could very well be the year that the Iron Range takes back to Dick Stewart Cup due to some changes within the event.

Brainerd and Bemidji have been added to the Iron Range/Northern Minnesota Team on a permanent basis. Both schools participated on a trial basis in 2002 and 2003 and will now both join the Iron Range team. In addition the series has been pared down to a single game at the Amsoil Arena. “We felt that we could provide a much better experience for the participants by holding the event at the new Amsoil Arena and concentrating our efforts in one venue as opposed to two,” said Ryan Kern, President of Kernz & Kompany.

A skills competition will begin at 5:45 p.m. that will match players from both teams in head-to-head competition competing in the Hardest Shot, Shot Accuracy, Fastest Skater, and Breakaway competitions. For more information on the event log onto www.kernz.com or by calling 218-628-9996.

Tickets for the St. Luke’s Orthopedics & Sports Medicine High School All-Star Hockey Game will go on sale at the Amsoil Arena at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15.

Rosters as follows:
DULUTH
Collin Magnuson Central/Denfeld
Zac Schendel East
Jack McFarlane (C) CEC
Hunter Bergerson (A) East
Matt Bauer Marshall
David Dalbec Superior
Dominic Toninato East
Chaise Jokinen CEC
Jared Kolquist Hermantown
Garrett Skrbich (C) Hermantown
Judd Peterson Marshall
Tyler Pionk Proctor
Nolan Meyer CEC
Phil Johnson East
Jojo Jeanetta East
Cody Gauthier Proctor
Connor Lucas Hermantown

IRON RANGE
Dom DeGuiseppi Grand Rapids
Zach Dick Grand Rapids
Gaven Motschenbacher Brainerd
Jordan Stejskal Grand Rapids
Travis Eddy Virginia
Nick DeCenzo Hibbing
Garrett Hendrickson(A)Virginia
Wes Judnick Virginia
Patrick Moore Grand Rapids
Tyler Tatro (A) Bemidji
Steve Heller Bemidji
Matt How Grand Rapids
Josh Archibald (C) Brainerd
Travis Underwood Grand Rapids
Glenn Walls International Falls
Joe Anderson Hibbing
Mike Pechovnik Hibbing
Last edited by Kernz on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

hate to say it.. But it looks like the IRC is pretty stacked this year.. Little bit more than Duluth
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

mj79 wrote:hate to say it.. But it looks like the IRC is pretty stacked this year.. Little bit more than Duluth
I agree. Looks like a IRC sweep this year.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Wow Iron Range team looks really good. Archibald, DeGuieseppi, DeCenzo, Hendrickson...Although you never know with JoJo and Skirbich. Could be a good game.
EP two out of three.
Redeck of da north

Post by Redeck of da north »

I know its not my place but i would add thomas of hermantown and litchke of superior.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Well Its basically Easts 2nd line.. Minus Hunter, I doubt he'll be able to play :(

But with the talent from Hermantown, east and CEC it could be a good game.. I didnt watch Duluth Marshall all year, How are the kids that got selected??

Last I watched marshall seriously Jack Connolly was there.. What a squad that was.. Then a few yrs later will Bordsen
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Kinda ruins it with a kid from Bemidji and Brainerd on the IR team...
Go Hounds.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

EHSHack wrote:Kinda ruins it with a kid from Bemidji and Brainerd on the IR team...

Good point.. I guess they're into recruiting as well
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

duluth will win....like usual, though i think they could have taken another player from htowns first line
Kernz

Post by Kernz »

ALL-STAR GAME INFO

Monday: Team Practices (Closed to Public) @ AMSOIL ARENA.

Tuesday: Doors Open at AMSOIL ARENA @ 5:15 p.m. with skills competition to begin at 5:45 p.m. Game to follow at 7:15 p.m.

(Notes: Teams are chosen by the coaches. Each coach nominates players from their respective team. That list is compiled and sent out for voting by those same coaches. Coaches cannot vote for their own players, and then all the votes are collected and tabulated. Iron Range nominates and votes for their team and Duluth does the same. i.e. Duluth coaches do not vote for IR kids etc).

Also the game matches the best high school hockey players from Duluth (and area) against the best of the Iron Range (and northern minnesota).
Northfan99

Post by Northfan99 »

If its going to be iron range ( and northern minnesota), might as well have put omdahl and stopskof from warroad on there too. I remember the one year when Oshie came down and played in this game for the range. Either make it northern mn or the range. One or the other imo.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Northfan99 wrote:If its going to be iron range ( and northern minnesota), might as well have put omdahl and stopskof from warroad on there too. I remember the one year when Oshie came down and played in this game for the range. Either make it northern mn or the range. One or the other imo.
Considering the Duluth team is drawing from a population center of about 150,000 and that even with Brainerd and Bemidji the IR team is drawing from about 100,000, it seems like adding more cities to the IR team will make for a more competitive game. Or they could put the Cloquet kids on the IR team and not have Bemidji and Brainerd.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Kernz wrote:ALL-STAR GAME INFO

Monday: Team Practices (Closed to Public) @ AMSOIL ARENA.

Tuesday: Doors Open at AMSOIL ARENA @ 5:15 p.m. with skills competition to begin at 5:45 p.m. Game to follow at 7:15 p.m.

(Notes: Teams are chosen by the coaches. Each coach nominates players from their respective team. That list is compiled and sent out for voting by those same coaches. Coaches cannot vote for their own players, and then all the votes are collected and tabulated. Iron Range nominates and votes for their team and Duluth does the same. i.e. Duluth coaches do not vote for IR kids etc).

Also the game matches the best high school hockey players from Duluth (and area) against the best of the Iron Range (and northern minnesota).
Will there be any TV or radio coverage for this game?
Kernz

ALL STAR GAME UPDATE

Post by Kernz »

Hunter Bergerson (Assistant Captain) has been scratched from the Duluth Team due to injury. Brian LeBLANC (Hermantown, Jr) will replace Bergerson on the team.

Also the game will be carried LIVE ON RADIO (KFAN 1490 AM or 94.9 FM) will carry the game. No TV.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I thought it was against MSHSL rules for underclassmen to play on all-star teams? I thought kids who(srs) played in the Chicago Showcase gave up their spring elgilibilty?
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

rainier wrote:
Northfan99 wrote:If its going to be iron range ( and northern minnesota), might as well have put omdahl and stopskof from warroad on there too. I remember the one year when Oshie came down and played in this game for the range. Either make it northern mn or the range. One or the other imo.
Considering the Duluth team is drawing from a population center of about 150,000 and that even with Brainerd and Bemidji the IR team is drawing from about 100,000, it seems like adding more cities to the IR team will make for a more competitive game. Or they could put the Cloquet kids on the IR team and not have Bemidji and Brainerd.
What it does is cheapen the game. Brainerd and Bemidji are not on the Iron Range, period. They can go play in some other tournament. Its now the Duluth vs Outstate Minnesota game.
Go Hounds.
shyt

Post by shyt »

mulefarm wrote:I thought it was against MSHSL rules for underclassmen to play on all-star teams? I thought kids who(srs) played in the Chicago Showcase gave up their spring elgilibilty?
Must not...kolquist from hermantown is also a junior
rainier

Post by rainier »

EHSHack wrote:
rainier wrote:
What it does is cheapen the game. Brainerd and Bemidji are not on the Iron Range, period. They can go play in some other tournament. Its now the Duluth vs Outstate Minnesota game.
Okay, so if its just Duluth, then no Hermantown, Proctor, Superior, or Cloquet players on your team. And IFalls isn't on the iron range, and Grand Rapids isn't really an iron range team either. What cheapens the game is having one team that has a decided advantage every year due to higher enrollment. If you're a Duluth fan, don't you want your team to play the best and have a challenging game?
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Might as well just be LSC and Duluth East vs IRC and surrounding areas...

Granted- other than CEC, Every team is a neighbor of Duluth and reachable within 5 minutes.... Hardly the same for GR, Hibbing, Brainard Bemidji..

And how could I forget Ifalls.. Whats that ? A 4 hour IRC circle??? Hell you guys might as well take Moorhead , Warroad, and Roseau on your team as well .....

Like I said, Every team on the Duluth team Neighbors Duluth... and none besides CEC are more than 5-10 minutes from the center of DUluth
Kernz

Post by Kernz »

mulefarm wrote:I thought it was against MSHSL rules for underclassmen to play on all-star teams? I thought kids who(srs) played in the Chicago Showcase gave up their spring elgilibilty?
The MSHSL rules essentially state that a player who is an underclassman can lose eligibilty if he is coached "out of season" by his own high school coach. In essence out of season started the minute the State Hockey Tournament concluded. However....

Any player who is an underclassman can play as long as HIS coach isnt coaching him. This is why it takes so long for the coaches to be selected to coach in this event because the team must be picked first and then coaches are selected who do not have underclassman on the squad.
wolfpack33

Post by wolfpack33 »

I was a section 8 kid, growing up, so forgive me if I'm wrong...I was always under the impression that it was the IRC vs Duluth Area. So I have no problem with the Falls being a part of the event, since they're in the IRC. I certainly don't understand having Bemidji and Brainerd being represented. At least Bemidji is closer than Brainerd, which is basically dead central Minnesota, but like I said, I still don't understand why either school should have players on the IRC team.
7aHockey

Post by 7aHockey »

It has always been the best IRC players vs the best Duluth players. There is no reason to have the Brainerd and Bemidji kids on the team. They arent in the Iron Range Conference. Brainerd isnt even a northern team. There has always been a rivalry between Duluth and the iron range as to who has better hockey and including players from other teams wrecks it in my opinion.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

rainier wrote:
EHSHack wrote:
rainier wrote: Considering the Duluth team is drawing from a population center of about 150,000 and that even with Brainerd and Bemidji the IR team is drawing from about 100,000, it seems like adding more cities to the IR team will make for a more competitive game. Or they could put the Cloquet kids on the IR team and not have Bemidji and Brainerd.
Okay, so if its just Duluth, then no Hermantown, Proctor, Superior, or Cloquet players on your team. And IFalls isn't on the iron range, and Grand Rapids isn't really an iron range team either. What cheapens the game is having one team that has a decided advantage every year due to higher enrollment. If you're a Duluth fan, don't you want your team to play the best and have a challenging game?
No I dont. I could care less. Its an all star game dude. I just wanna see good hockey between the Duluth Area and da Range.
Go Hounds.
DEHS Dan Green

Post by DEHS Dan Green »

How much does it cost?
I <3 cake

State bound hounds
Kernz

GAME TODAY

Post by Kernz »

The ST. LUKES ORTHOPEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE HIGH SCHOOL ALL STAR HOCKEY GAME is tonight beginning at 5:45 with the skills competition, followed by the game at 7:15 p.m.. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. with general admission seating anywhere in the lower bowl.

Tickets are $5 for Students and $7 for Adults.