Blaine 2 and done….

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNhockeyNut

Blaine 2 and done….

Post by MNhockeyNut »

When can one start getting up set for how they have preformed in the tourney over the last few years?
I only remember them winning their first game 4 years ago. With the talent they had on the last few teams that is pretty disappointing...IMO.
The last time they did some good is when they won it, but that was under a different coach.

Would Edina, Hill Murray, or Eden Prairie stand for it or can their coach?
And why for the past 2 years is Aus w the co coach with his daddy?

Congratulations for making it the Tourney for 6 years in a row. That is something to be proud of!
Master Recruiter

Re: Blaine 2 and done….

Post by Master Recruiter »

MNhockeyNut wrote:When can one start getting up set for how they have preformed in the tourney over the last few years?
I only remember them winning their first game 4 years ago. With the talent they had on the last few teams that is pretty disappointing...IMO.
The last time they did some good is when they won it, but that was under a different coach.

Would Edina, Hill Murray, or Eden Prairie stand for it or can their coach?

Congratulations for making it the Tourney for 6 years in a row. That is something to be proud of!
when is the last time a coach in MN High School hockey has been let go completely on there win/loss record
MNhockeyNut

Post by MNhockeyNut »

TRUE... but parents can have a big impact.
I guesss that is more what I was getting at..
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

MNhockeyNut wrote:TRUE... but parents can have a big impact.
I guesss that is more what I getting at..
Im not saying a coach should or shouldnt get canned for performance based results. I am just saying I cant remember of hearing a time when it has happened.
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Blaine simply played with no effort today. It was sad to watch. Especially since it seemed the seniors just quit.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

6 years in a row is a accomplishment. Maple Grove would of represented Section 5AA better. Can the Coach? No, then White Bear should have done it along time ago. There time will still come maybe not next year or the year after, but they have a strong program down the road
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Nice poll. :roll: It's been deleted.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
AlterEagle

Re: Blaine 2 and done….

Post by AlterEagle »

MNhockeyNut wrote:When can one start getting up set for how they have preformed in the tourney over the last few years?
I only remember them winning their first game 4 years ago.
They went to the Semi final round 2 years ago and lost to EP. They were up by 2 after the first period. Bjugstad had an amazing play were he walked the Eagle D and beat Ford. But as we know EP scored the next goal and proceeded to win the tourney. That was a great game.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Have a hard time believing MG would have done better than Blaine. 6 appearnaces in a row is something to be proud of. Aus is a solid coach (a little over confident at times), but Blaine has a hell of a program and think their best years are ahead of them with their youth program.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I wouldn't say it was disappointing. They were not expected to beat Edina, and still gave them a great game. MG probably would have been a seeded team, but had they had to play Edina I'm not sure they would have done any better.
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

I have a feeling if Maple Grove would have made the tournament they would be playing Eden Prairie tonight. MG would have represented 5AA much better. I don't know if I can stand Aus holding his hands up with how many repeats they have had for another year... It's downright frustrating to see.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

In the next couple of years you won't see Blaine in the State tournament.
Maple Grove will represent Section 5AA next year. Blaine probably won't have the depth til the 2013-2014 season
DMom

Post by DMom »

blueliner5 wrote:In the next couple of years you won't see Blaine in the State tournament.
Maple Grove will represent Section 5AA next year. Blaine probably won't have the depth til the 2013-2014 season
Blaine has three freshmen on the high school team, that obviously their Bantam A team didn't need. Most Bantam teams would feel that loss but Blaine must not because they are headed to Bantam A State. Their PeeWee A team is also headed to state.

OMG combined have a Bantam B team headed to MH state. I know MG has some very good kids in their program, but Blaine seems solid for a few more years.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Aus has coached his team into the tournament the last six years......... I think Blaine was only a favorite in sections last year. I could imagine giving this guy some grief if he was coaching Centennial(had some great teams that lost to Blaine in sections) or Maple Grove as favorites, but no, you give this guy grief for pulling off the shocker and making the tournament.

Coach of the year!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Sats81 wrote:Have a hard time believing MG would have done better than Blaine. 6 appearnaces in a row is something to be proud of. Aus is a solid coach (a little over confident at times), but Blaine has a hell of a program and think their best years are ahead of them with their youth program.
A Bantam team in the state tournament. Combine them with the great freshmen and sophomores on the very young high school team.......... :shock:

Voltin left for Hockey........? :lol:
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Have a hard time believing MG would have done better than Blaine. 6 appearnaces in a row is something to be proud of. Aus is a solid coach (a little over confident at times), but Blaine has a hell of a program and think their best years are ahead of them with their youth program.
A Bantam team in the state tournament. Combine them with the great freshmen and sophomores on the very young high school team.......... :shock:

BoDangles....There must be more behind Voltin leaving Blaine to play hockey for HM knowing Blaine's background
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

blueliner5 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

BoDangles....There must be more behind Voltin leaving Blaine to play hockey for HM knowing Blaine's background
You should tell the people
superduper

Post by superduper »

Blaine looked the same at the end of the year as they did at the beginning. They did not improve as most well-coached teams do. For six years Blaine's biggest problem has been their breakout. It's terrible and has been for six years. Good coaches would show signs of improvement but not Aus. Six years in a row to state is quite an accomplishment but I think they get there because of their talent and lose because of their coaching.
Last edited by superduper on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: A Bantam team in the state tournament. Combine them with the great freshmen and sophomores on the very young high school team.......... :shock:

You should tell the people
:shock:
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

superduper wrote:Blaine looked the same at the end of the year as they did at the beginning. They did not improve as most well-coached teams do. For six years Blaine's biggest problem has been their breakout. It's terrible and has been for six years. Good coaches would show signs of improvement but not Aus. Six years in a row to state is quite an accomplishment but I think they get there because of their talent and lose because of their coaching.
Would you tell us the breakout you use with the team you coach? Maybe sit down with Aus and show him what you do?
superduper

Post by superduper »

[quote="mulefarm"][quote="superduper"]Blaine looked the same at the end of the year as they did at the beginning. They did not improve as most well-coached teams do. For six years Blaine's biggest problem has been their breakout. It's terrible and has been for six years. Good coaches would show signs of improvement but not Aus. Six years in a row to state is quite an accomplishment but I think they get there because of their talent and lose because of their coaching.[/quote]
Would you tell us the breakout you use with the team you coach? Maybe sit down with Aus and show him what you do?[/quote]

Valid point. I'm not a coach for a reason. But he might want to work on a new strategy other than blindly banking the puck up the boards right to the other team's defensemen at the blue line. Edina scored two goals because Blaine kept doing this.
Last edited by superduper on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

From talking with Aus and being around Aus occassionally I am not impressed with his coaching or personality. I think huge credit is due to his assistant coaches and is father more so than the "HEAD COACH" Aus.
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

DMom wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:In the next couple of years you won't see Blaine in the State tournament.
Blaine has three freshmen on the high school team, that obviously their Bantam A team didn't need. Most Bantam teams would feel that loss but Blaine must not because they are headed to Bantam A State. Their PeeWee A team is also headed to state.

OMG combined have a Bantam B team headed to MH state. I know MG has some very good kids in their program, but Blaine seems solid for a few more years.
they also have a couple sophomores on the JV that couldn't play varsity(but were good enough)--due to transfer rules.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

the_juiceman wrote:
DMom wrote:

they also have a couple sophomores on the JV that couldn't play varsity(but were good enough)--due to transfer rules.
Juiceman....The couple of sophomores you are talking about really didn't impress me when we faced them. Possibility of them having a bad couple of games. I guess when you said "but were good enough" that may be so, but may not of seen the ice time like others