AA CHAMPIONSHIP -- DULUTH EAST VS EDEN PRARIE

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got

Duluth East
53%
Eden Prarie
47%

Total votes: 64

mj79

Post by mj79 »

PuckU126 wrote:
mj79 wrote:Get rau frustrated. That's plan A. He was frustrated and a crybaby the entire 3rd period at amsoil arena , 2 times he could have got a gold medal for epic dives and then he got chippy when they were down.
Why did I think of Cindy Crosby after reading this post? :wink:

8)
Weird huh :)
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Two things about this game -

One that Karl stated in a different post: that the East-Edina game featured the "classic" forecheck of a Randolph-coached team. They displayed a championship forecheck last night. If they can forecheck like that tonight, they will win.

The second thing was something Louie said during the EP-Eagan game: that although the talk of the night was the East forecheck, EP has defensemen who really move the puck out of their zone well. The East forecheck could be effectively neutralized. If they can't forecheck, they really can not win, unless Jeanetta comes up huge. Plus, with the experience EP has, it would be a clear upset if East wins.

Here's hoping for the upset.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

I've heard people say the EP is going to blow out East, but I anticipate a great championship game.

I'm pulling for East in this one. The very best of Minnesota High School Hockey.
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

I think Edina would have been a much better opponent for Eden Prairie. Eden Prairie takes this one handily, 4-0.
countrygentleman

Post by countrygentleman »

I don't buy into the whole "Ford is the best goalie in the state" thing. His stats are very marginal, at best.

First game on 45 they said he had a 2.71 GAA and .88 S%. That is horrible. then last night they said, I think 2.40 GAA and .88 S%, so who knows what the real stats are, but they still ain't pretty.
Iraqnam
hockey83

Post by hockey83 »

It's no accident this group of EP seniors have won 4 state championships in the last 5 years. This would make 5 out of 6. It is because they are really good and they know how to win the big game. Anything can happen in a one game situation. I look for Rau to have a big game (like he usually does in big games) and EP to win. I think Duluth East has great things to look forward to in the next few years.
stpaul

Kyle Rau

Post by stpaul »

mj79 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Time to pull myself together for one more night. There's no doubt EP is the favorite despite the January game between these two; they've proven why they are #1 in their first two games at this tourney. Both teams know what they have to do, and I don't have anything particularly original to say about this one; penalties and power plays will be crucial, and I'm curious to see the line matchups. Another matchup I'm looking forward to is Kyle Rau vs. Nate Repensky--I suspect the two will get to know each other pretty well by the end of the night.

What a season it has been. May the best team win.
Get rau frustrated. That's plan A. He was frustrated and a crybaby the entire 3rd period at amsoil arena , 2 times he could have got a gold medal for epic dives and then he got chippy when they were down.
Agree about Rau. He's the speediest, most talented player in the state. EP is the favorite because he is good for 1 or 2 goals himself every time out. I'm thrilled that he will be a Gopher. They need a goal scorer badly. But he will have some hard lessons to learn in the WCHA next year. He taps on the ice demanding the puck and wants every penalty possible called when somebody tugs on him. He has skated to bench outwardly showing his frustrations with his own teammates. That won't work next year. Hopefully he grows up.
stpaul

Post by stpaul »

I loved the fun, the anger and banter on the board this afternoon. I, for one, am headed to the X to see what will be another great Minnesota High School Championship game. Go Hounds! Sad to see the season end.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

What does east have for goalies next year since jojo is graduating?
2012 pond hockey All Star
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Lol at u ppl thinking this will be a blowout. EP lost to Edina and nearly lost to hermantown. So you think they are just gonna walk on wast how? Silly ignorant fanboys
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

dlhhockey

Post by dlhhockey »

wblhcky24 wrote:What does east have for goalies next year since jojo is graduating?
A junior and two sophomores (this year). Most likely will be Jamar (junior) and Parker (sophomore). Their stats were very similar this year with a slight edge to Jamar.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Is jeanetta getting looked at by any colleges?
2012 pond hockey All Star
defense

Post by defense »

Apparently the Eden Prarie goalie can freeze the puck anywhere??? Aren't they only allowed to freeze the puck inside the face off dots??
mj79

Post by mj79 »

East looks amazing , their powerplay and passing is unreal..

Go hounds!!!!!
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

mj79 wrote:East looks amazing , their powerplay and passing is unreal..

Go hounds!!!!!
Has been for most of the tournament. The waiting and then perfect pass over the middle was wow. Ford was just lucky the puck got shot right into him.
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

The commentators keep mentioning that Ford is up for the Brimsek, but why isn't Jeanetta?
Teak

Post by Teak »

mj79 wrote:Lmao. Frikkin cities announcers. " there's gonna be alot of packed bars in hermantown And Duluth today ". Drinking isn't ALL we do. Sometimes we work when were not hung over
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks mj79, you win the Humor Points for the day!!
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Anyone see what happened to Hunter???
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Here we go again.................

What a tourney...
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

DOUBLE OT!! :shock:
sandi

Post by sandi »

Holy Hanrahan, what a tourney. Wish I could have been at the Xcel for some of this!
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Any history buffs know about that 1978 Edina East state title game that went to double OT? Who scored the winner and how far into that OT session?
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

Hopin East can finish it off and make it so the northland have a 1st, 2nd, and 4th at state!
dlhhockey

Post by dlhhockey »

mj79 wrote:Anyone see what happened to Hunter???
He separated his shoulder a few weeks ago. Missed a couple of games and then came back during sectionals (taped up). Must have taken a good hit tonight. Sounds like Campion is doing well in his place. He was an occasional fourth line forward that has played D in the past and did well filling in for Hunter in other games.