AA CHAMPIONSHIP -- DULUTH EAST VS EDEN PRARIE

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got

Duluth East
53%
Eden Prarie
47%

Total votes: 64

mj79

AA CHAMPIONSHIP -- DULUTH EAST VS EDEN PRARIE

Post by mj79 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:55 pm

East is on a roll, and EP is Dominating the tourney.. Whaddya think??

East won the Earlier meeting 4-3 but got heavily outshot.. Although East is playing MUCH better than they were earlier this year..

brandy38

Post by brandy38 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm just glad it's not two teams from the Lake this year.

mj79

Post by mj79 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Hounds are rolling.. And what makes it that much sweeter... Noone outside of Duluth even saw us coming....

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:01 am

Hounds are rolling? EP is ROLLING.

Eagles 5
Hounds 2
EP two out of three.

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:06 am

HockeyMN1 wrote:Hounds are rolling? EP is ROLLING.

Eagles 5
Hounds 2
theres a huge difference.. Just like Edina who was a Bigger , quicker , ( to some ) more talented team, with 2 Mr Hockey finalists, and a crap goalie, .. you tomorrow will find out once again East is no joke....

Yea.. East is rolling, and have controlled play most of the tournament.. They have their downtime, but I can only hope EP has your ignorance and thinks EP is gonna roll to a state championship..; East beat ya months ago, in a game that IMO they played terrible.. So If they play like they did tonight , they will beat you like Edina did twice this year... Funny how a top #1-#2 ranking all year makes you fans invincible.. Seems like Ive heard this before ( against GR, WBL, and Edina )

HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:09 am

mj79 wrote:

Eagles 5
Hounds 2
theres a huge difference.. Just like Edina who was a Bigger , quicker , ( to some ) more talented team, with 2 Mr Hockey finalists, and a crap goalie, .. you tomorrow will find out once again East is no joke....

Yea.. East is rolling, and have controlled play most of the tournament.. They have their downtime, but I can only hope EP has your ignorance and thinks EP is gonna roll to a state championship..; East beat ya months ago, in a game that IMO they played terrible.. So If they play like they did tonight , they will beat you like Edina did twice this year... Funny how a top #1-#2 ranking all year makes you fans invincible.. Seems like Ive heard this before ( against GR, WBL, and Edina )
Sound a lot like Eagan, look how that turned out. The Rau line is simply unstoppable and Ford shows up for big games. The goals they are scoring aren't snipes, they are wide open nets with the goalie completely out of position. In other words: unstoppable. These seniors will not be denied.
EP two out of three.

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:12 am

HockeyMN1 wrote:
mj79 wrote:

Eagles 5
Hounds 2

Sound a lot like Eagan, look how that turned out. The Rau line is simply unstoppable and Ford shows up for big games. The goals they are scoring aren't snipes, they are wide open nets with the goalie completely out of position. In other words: unstoppable. These seniors will not be denied.
lol You sound just like Gr and their top line, and WBL and their top line, and Edinas "deadly top line....... Weve heard it all before, and proved we can be a small young team that can play with the big boys.... Not sayin were gonna win, but more so your ignorant , thinking your gonna roll through us... We shut down Rau last time, and we have the potential to do it again.....

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 am

Oh and no offense.. but we are better team than Eagan and play a much different game.......

HSH1212

Post by HSH1212 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:14 am

Eden Prairie is a better team but East has been playing so solid as a group and they can't be overlooked. Although I think it will be close, EP will win this one as they have more depth and overall talent.

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 am

HSH1212 wrote:Eden Prairie is a better team but East has been playing so solid as a group and they can't be overlooked. Although I think it will be close, EP will win this one as they have more depth and overall talent.
No doubt EP is a more talented bigger team.. Well IMO East plays better as a team.. Thats the difference and why east has done so well this season... A season when noone expected much out of them

hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 am

Duluth East- 1
Eden Prairie- 4

Rau- 2g, 1a...MR. HOCKEY
Midwest Hockey Pick 'em Champion 2010-2011

DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 am

East has to pound the body as they did last night. It took a toll on Edina last night, and East got stronger as game progressed.
EP so very talented. East has to stay out of box, but play physical to have a chance... That is a tough combo though, play physical, stay out of the box, so Rau doesn't score three PP goals on the doorstep...

That is the game in my mind...

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:09 am

Going with the hounds in this one. Their top line is excellent. Jenetta much better netminder than Ford. EP has all the pressure too.

breakout

Post by breakout » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:17 am

mj79 wrote:
HSH1212 wrote:Eden Prairie is a better team but East has been playing so solid as a group and they can't be overlooked. Although I think it will be close, EP will win this one as they have more depth and overall talent.
No doubt EP is a more talented bigger team.. Well IMO East plays better as a team.. Thats the difference and why east has done so well this season... A season when noone expected much out of them
Play better as a team? Not sure that is accurate or how you can measure that. IMO, both teams share the puck and are skilled.

I thought it would be Edina and EP in the final. I do like the idea of a northern team vs. metro. Should make for some good drama.

AverageHockeyJoe

EP over East

Post by AverageHockeyJoe » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 am

This group of Seniors on Eden Prairie will not be denied. Going for their FIFTH State Championship -- PeeWee A, TWO Bantam A, and 2009 AA HS.

Ford in nets for 3 of those 4 victories (Jacob Meyers in 1st Bantam A).

Going for 3rd straight State GPA title -- you'll never find a better group of kids than these EP young men.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:33 am

Congratulations to both teams for making it to the finals.

I think this will be EP's year, and DE will be the favorites next year.

Good luck to both teams. Let's hope it will be a close and exciting game like every game in the top bracket has been.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 am

Pulling for East but EP will win
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

AVPuck2010

Post by AVPuck2010 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:58 am

Ford is one of the best goalies in the state and EP has 2 or 3 good lines and same on their D, thats why they will win

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am

mj79 wrote:

Eagles 5
Hounds 2

They lucked out against White Bear.

BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I'd like to see Duluth East win this one.

East- 4
EP- 3
OT

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:08 pm

GO HOUNDS!
2001 & 2006 State Participant

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Time to pull myself together for one more night. There's no doubt EP is the favorite despite the January game between these two; they've proven why they are #1 in their first two games at this tourney. Both teams know what they have to do, and I don't have anything particularly original to say about this one; penalties and power plays will be crucial, and I'm curious to see the line matchups. Another matchup I'm looking forward to is Kyle Rau vs. Nate Repensky--I suspect the two will get to know each other pretty well by the end of the night.

What a season it has been. May the best team win.

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:24 pm

karl(east) wrote:Time to pull myself together for one more night. There's no doubt EP is the favorite despite the January game between these two; they've proven why they are #1 in their first two games at this tourney. Both teams know what they have to do, and I don't have anything particularly original to say about this one; penalties and power plays will be crucial, and I'm curious to see the line matchups. Another matchup I'm looking forward to is Kyle Rau vs. Nate Repensky--I suspect the two will get to know each other pretty well by the end of the night.

What a season it has been. May the best team win.
Get rau frustrated. That's plan A. He was frustrated and a crybaby the entire 3rd period at amsoil arena , 2 times he could have got a gold medal for epic dives and then he got chippy when they were down.

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 pm

mj79 wrote:Get rau frustrated. That's plan A. He was frustrated and a crybaby the entire 3rd period at amsoil arena , 2 times he could have got a gold medal for epic dives and then he got chippy when they were down.
Why did I think of Cindy Crosby after reading this post? :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW

mj79

Post by mj79 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Lmao. Frikkin cities announcers. " there's gonna be alot of packed bars in hermantown And Duluth today ". Drinking isn't ALL we do. Sometimes we work when were not hung over