Adam Johnson

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Adam Johnson

Post by MrBoDangles »

Where do you see this kid compared to others in next year's Junior class? Post high school potential?

Don't know if I've seen a more skilled sophomore.
MNHockeyFan

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by MNHockeyFan »

MrBoDangles wrote:Where do you see this kid compared to others in next year's Junior class? Post high school potential?

Don't know if I've seen a more skilled sophomore.
Had never seen him before but he was obviously a lot of fun to watch. One of the more elusive puck carriers you'll ever see at the high school level. Extremely talented all around and you can bet that he's now on a lot of college coaches' radar, if he wasn't already.

One question: how much does this kid weigh? He has plenty of time to get stronger physically but he seemed very thin, like he has the build of a BB player. Just makes me wonder how he'd hold up to the pounding of the WCHA, but again he has plenty of time to prepare.
rainier

Post by rainier »

During the 7A title game TV broadcast, one of the commentators, who used to play for UMD, said he saw Johnson at a couple of UMD games and remarked on how big of a kid he was. I'm not sure, but it sounds like he may have been invited to the games by Sandelin. He's already a scoring machine, add some more muscle on to his frame and its scary. What he did against Hermantown was unbelieveable, his second goal was as pretty a goal as you will see. Hard to imagine he won't be D1 material. If Hendrickson from Virginia is a D1 player, Johnson absolutely is.
shyt

Post by shyt »

He's already great offensively. He can take over a game if he has open ice, like we saw against hermantown. Needs to put on some muscle and work on playing a little better d. Hes d1 for sure
Northfan99

Post by Northfan99 »

If this kid can put some muscle on his frame to take on the physical part of the game he will play at the next level. Tons of potential. Only a sophomore, plenty of time to get ready and bigger for post high school hockey.
DMan-dad

Post by DMan-dad »

Adam's dad, Davey Johnson, and uncle Gary Degrio both went to UMD.
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

St. Cloud State needs a player like him.
mitchrapp

Post by mitchrapp »

Anyone know why he's "only a sophomore?" He turns 17 in June....
rainier

Post by rainier »

mitchrapp wrote:Anyone know why he's "only a sophomore?" He turns 17 in June....
I'm guessing his parents started him into school a year later so he would be one of the older kids instead of the one of the youngest ones in his class. I had friends in school that had birthdays in July and August before the school year, don't think it's too uncommon.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I have one that is a late Aug. The kid was not up to school at the time.
mitchrapp

Post by mitchrapp »

Yeah I've seen July & August, just not June - not rippin the kid - he's awesome no matter what grade he's in
GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

No matter what his age, for a sophomore he can flat out play hockey.
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

I have a friend in my grade and she turns 19 on May 23
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

Adam Johnson has made a commitment to tUMD.

http://rinkandrun.areavoices.com/
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

sinbin006 wrote:Adam Johnson has made a commitment to tUMD.

http://rinkandrun.areavoices.com/
Nice!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

MHGr8ness wrote:I have a friend in my grade and she turns 19 on May 23
So she's legal?
Be kind. Rewind.
orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 »

kids got a bright future it is good to see him going with the dogs cant wait too see him in a bulldog uni.. potential first round pick down the road ?
pacman

Post by pacman »

orlo4457 wrote:kids got a bright future it is good to see him going with the dogs cant wait too see him in a bulldog uni.. potential first round pick down the road ?
Hopefully a Wild 1st round pick haha
rainier

Post by rainier »

Excellent, congrats to him and the Bulldogs. UMD has a good track record of keeping local kids in high school, a la Niskanen and Connolly. Plus Sandelin is a Hibbing guy, can't see him pushing Johnson to juniors for his senior season, he'd never be allowed in town again. :o
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

GordonBombay99 wrote:No matter what his age, for a sophomore he can flat out play hockey.
No doubt great hockey player..but skip the for a sophomore. Compare him to the junior class.
Just_Another_Fan

Post by Just_Another_Fan »

ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

Good for him!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Says in hockey hub article Johnson is 1st mn Sophomore to commit to d-1 program since Ben Marshall, what about Osterberg from Lakeville South? He would have been soph this year and he committed to UMD as well last fall, also Brady Sjkei from Lakeville North commited to U at end of his soph year last yr I believe....?
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Coulda sworn either Forbort or Welinski committed their sophomore years, could be wrong though.
Go Hounds.
spectator1

Post by spectator1 »

FYI - Birthday is late in June; just a little over two months from the cut off. It's good scholastically, especially for boys.