Who has the best chance of winning in 2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

council member retired

Post by council member retired »

neither of the boys mentioned going to bsm would be bantam eligible next year. On another note i am surprised one is leaving his cousin to go to bsm good luck to both however, nice players
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

my opinion a private won't be winning a title in "12" for A
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Duluth East !!!!!
breakout

Post by breakout »

old goalie85 wrote:Duluth East !!!!!

Certainly, they should have a very good team next year.
SPUDNUT

Re: Who has the best chance of winning in 2012

Post by SPUDNUT »

That other guy wrote:Who will raise the hardware?

What "hardware" are you talkin' about - The Schwans Cup, State trophy, Section trophy or a Miller Lite can ?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Tonka only lost 6 seniors and 2 of them didn't contribute much. I don't know how much JV results matter, but their JV did extremely well. G might be a question mark but Behounek did play in 8 games so he doesn't come in all that much less tested than Glockner did last season.
Shoot Higher

Post by Shoot Higher »

I agree that Tonka will be good. they have a good program from youth on up.
oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 »

Tonka JV was undefeated last year, with a tie to EP, correct? That is very impressive and I'm sure some of those players will have an impact on the team.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

To me the front runner is Duluth East. They return a lot of very talented players from a very good team last year. Their experience in the tourney will help them if they make it back next March. After that I'd list (in no real order):

BSM & Tonka - probably 1&2 in that section. BSM has some very good top end talent, but it sounds like Tonka will have a lot of depth.

Eagan - return lots of good players from a strong team last year. I also read somewhere on here that they might have one or two goalies coming in and possibly Guentzel. With all the losses to AV's roster, I don't see anybody in their section with as much talent.

Edina - I see them as #1 in their section, with Burnsville possibly sneaking in there. AHA could have a down year and Jefferson is nothing like they once were.

Maple Grove - return some very good players. I have a feeling Blaine's run of tourney berths comes to an end this year.

Hill - Always good, and this year should be nothing different. Will be interesting to see how they rebound from last year's disapointing loss in sections.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

I thought I would make a rare summer appearance to throw my two cents in before I throw another one back and cast another line up at the lake..My pick for "Most likely to succeed" would be Duluth East, returning alot of great players from last years team. BSM has a very talented team as well that should make alot of noise. I like Eagan and Maple Grove next in line and then of course the usual suspect Edina, Hillmurray, Wayzata, Tonka and EP. I am looking forward to another great season of hockey and bantoring back and forth with all you hockeymaniacs...enjoy the dog days of summer cuz it won't be long before it's gone and the smell of ice chips are in the air. Later.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Besides East, Maple Grove may have the deepest lineup in the state. Goaltending may be a question, but they return almost everyone. Benilde should also be really solid this year, I think it is their year to make it out of 6AA.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

BSM needs to shore up the defense before they have any shot of making it out of their section.
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

My top three ... in no particular order

Maple Grove
Eagan
Duluth East
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 »

Slap Shot wrote:BSM needs to shore up the defense before they have any shot of making it out of their section.
Once again gonna be a very deep section. Tonka and BSM will be the likely final, but you can never count out Eden Prairie or the Trojans.
observer

Post by observer »

but you can never count out Eden Prairie or the Trojans.
You can count out EP.
rudy

shot in '12

Post by rudy »

There seems to be wide agreement -- justifiably so -- that East, Eagan, Maple Grove, Benilde and Tonka are all strong Class AA state title candidates.

What other sections need to be touched upon, and who are looking most likely to get to the X?
northwoods oldtimer

Re: shot in '12

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

rudy wrote:There seems to be wide agreement -- justifiably so -- that East, Eagan, Maple Grove, Benilde and Tonka are all strong Class AA state title candidates.

What other sections need to be touched upon, and who are looking most likely to get to the X?
:shock:
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

Section 2AA usually has one or two top five teams in the state, but this year it may be a litttle different. Edina will be good but not at the level they were, same with Burnsville. Add in Jefferson, Prior Lake, Holy Angels, and Chanhassen, and you have 6 teams that could all win their first playoff game. If you do not get a 1 or 2 seed in this section, you are going to have a very tricky quarterfinal game.

Any take on the seedings this year?

Edina
Burnsville
Prior Lake
Holy Angels
Jefferson
Chanhassen
Shakopee
Kennedy
St. Peter/Le Seur
The best, period
oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 »

observer wrote:
but you can never count out Eden Prairie or the Trojans.
You can count out EP.
I don't know, they have the ability to surprise some teams. Just a different style of play. Not saying that I think they will, just a possibility.
council member retired

Post by council member retired »

i hereby honor Eagan as the 2011-12 AA State Champions

Eagan over Duluth East ( both deserving )
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

rudy wrote:There seems to be wide agreement -- justifiably so -- that East, Eagan, Maple Grove, Benilde and Tonka are all strong Class AA state title candidates.

Some sections/teams that haven't gotten much mention on this thread yet:

1AA: Lakeville South should be the heavy favorite, but of course we've been saying that the past two years, too, and that really didn't work out.
4AA: As usual, Hill then everyone else, though Hill might be down some from where they usually are.
7AA: I think Grand Rapids is a no-doubt top-10 team. East's road to state won't be easy.
8AA: Probably Moorhead and Bemidji racing for the title again, though Roseau is in the picture, as usual.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

karl(east) wrote:

Some sections/teams that haven't gotten much mention on this thread yet:

1AA: Lakeville South should be the heavy favorite, but of course we've been saying that the past two years, too, and that really didn't work out.
4AA: As usual, Hill then everyone else, though Hill might be down some from where they usually are.
7AA: I think Grand Rapids is a no-doubt top-10 team. East's road to state won't be easy.
8AA: Probably Moorhead and Bemidji racing for the title again, though Roseau is in the picture, as usual.
Sure it is. You hop on I35 and drive south at its literally right there! Sheesh! Acting like your from Denfeld or something... :twisted: :lol:
Go Hounds.
thle0701

Post by thle0701 »

Anyone wanna take a shot at single A?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

thle0701 wrote:Anyone wanna take a shot at single A?
People have been taking shots at single A since this Board started. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Marty

Post by Marty »

east hockey wrote:
thle0701 wrote:Anyone wanna take a shot at single A?
People have been taking shots at single A since this Board started. :mrgreen:

Lee
Rightfully so.