MyFoxHockey Schedule 2011-2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

MyFoxHockey Schedule 2011-2012

Post by karl(east) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:53 pm

The schedule, according to myfoxhockey.com:

Tuesday November 29 Minnetonka @ Apple Valley Apple Valley Sports Arena

Saturday December 3 Hill-Murray @ Burnsville Burnsville Ice Center

Saturday December 10 Minnetonka @ Duluth East Amsoil Arena Duluth

Thursday December 15 Edina Holiday Classic Braemar Arena Edina (2 Games)
Friday December 16 Edina Holiday Classic Braemar Arena Edina (2 Games)
Saturday December 17 Edina Holiday Classic Braemar Arena Edina (2 Games)

Tuesday December 20 Maple Grove @ BSM SLP Ice Arena

Wednesday Dec 21 Breck @ Holy Angels Richfield Ice Arena

Monday December 26 St. Louis Park Holiday Classic SLP Ice Arena (4 Games)
Tuesday December 27 St. Louis Park Holiday Classic SLP Ice Arena (2 Games)
Wednesday Dec 28 St. Louis Park Holiday Classic SLP Ice Arena (Championship)

Wednesday January 4 Duluth East @ Maple Grove Maple Grove CC

Saturday January 7 White Bear Lake @ Edina Braemar Arena Edina

Tuesday January 10 Hermantown @ Grand Rapids IRA Civic Arena

Thursday January 12 Maple Grove @ Edina Braemar Arena Edina

Saturday January 14 Duluth East @ Eden Prairie EP Community Center

Tuesday January 17 Hill-Murray @ Eden Prairie EP Community Center

Saturday January 21 Hockey Day in Minnesota

Friday January 27 Moorhead @ BSM SLP Ice Arena

Tuesday January 31 Roseau @ Warroad Warroad

Thursday February 2 Buffalo @ Rogers Rogers Ice Arena

Saturday February 4 Minnetonka @ Edina Braemar Arena Edina

Saturday February 18 Blaine @ Centennial Centennial Sports Arena

For the most part a good schedule, though I can tell them right now that the alleged Minnetonka-Duluth East game on Dec. 10 does not exist. No idea where they got that one from. They're playing on Lake Minnetonka in January--but that looks to be on the schedule too, so we will get to see those two teams play.

Looks like they will have a new commentator this year, too.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Website is showing Bart Archer back in the commentator's role and Ryan Phelps taking command as play-by-play announcer.
Be kind. Rewind.

Roseauverrated

Re: MyFoxHockey Schedule 2011-2012

Post by Roseauverrated » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 am

karl(east) wrote: I can tell them right now that the alleged Minnetonka-Duluth East game on Dec. 10 does not exist. No idea where they got that one from. They're playing on Lake Minnetonka in January--but that looks to be on the schedule too, so we will get to see those two teams play.
According to the Minnetonka schedule on the MSHSL website this game does exist, Duluth East's schedule also shows it. Interesting though that Minnetonka's schedule shows them playing at Hopkins on Hockey Day and Duluth East is shown at St. Cloud. Was the Dec. 10 game scrapped after the Lake Minnetonka game was announced and this schedule just isn't up to date?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:02 am

There must be an inside connection for there to be a Buffalo or Rogers(or both) game year after year..

And where's Eagan?

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 am

They are in Grand Rapids two days early. Why the game against Hermantown when on Thursday Duluth East is in GR for a section final rematch and game that will likely decide the #1 and #2 seeds?

karl(east)

Re: MyFoxHockey Schedule 2011-2012

Post by karl(east) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:32 am

Roseauverrated wrote:
karl(east) wrote: I can tell them right now that the alleged Minnetonka-Duluth East game on Dec. 10 does not exist. No idea where they got that one from. They're playing on Lake Minnetonka in January--but that looks to be on the schedule too, so we will get to see those two teams play.
According to the Minnetonka schedule on the MSHSL website this game does exist, Duluth East's schedule also shows it. Interesting though that Minnetonka's schedule shows them playing at Hopkins on Hockey Day and Duluth East is shown at St. Cloud. Was the Dec. 10 game scrapped after the Lake Minnetonka game was announced and this schedule just isn't up to date?
Possible. I checked both schools' activity calendars last night and both have complete schedules without that game. (In my experience, this is by far the best place to look for schedules before the season starts.) Can't remember where Minnetonka was, if anywhere, when the East schedule first came out in May, but I don't think it was there either. Not that it matters.

Either way, I hope they find some game to cover that night, or schedule another road trip up to Duluth (or Grand Rapids, on the date rapidsrapids suggested...)

BogeyMan

Post by BogeyMan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:There must be an inside connection for there to be a Buffalo or Rogers(or both) game year after year..

And where's Eagan?
Southeast Metro. Near MSP Intl airport and bordered by Apple Valley, IGH and Rosemount.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

BogeyMan wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:There must be an inside connection for there to be a Buffalo or Rogers(or both) game year after year..

And where's Eagan?
Southeast Metro. Near MSP Intl airport and bordered by Apple Valley, IGH and Rosemount.
Nice.... :lol:

As for the Buffalo/Rogers game, I think that was a mis-print. I'm assuming it's the Sabres and Rangers playing! :wink:

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Pete Waggoner (formerly of MyFoxHockey) has something different in the works from what I hear. There should be an announcement coming in about a week...and it should be pretty cool.

I'll let you know when I hear more.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 pm

If the weather holds EP-MHS on hockey day could be excellent.

MyFOXHockey

Post by MyFOXHockey » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Sorry about the Tonka v. Duluth East flub in December...it was there when I first put the thing together in the spring...honest...didn't do the double check. Added Eagan @ Tonka Jan 3.

Pete has decided to leave the stable to pursue other opportunities. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 pm

MyFOXHockey wrote:Sorry about the Tonka v. Duluth East flub in December...it was there when I first put the thing together in the spring...honest...didn't do the double check. Added Eagan @ Tonka Jan 3.

Pete has decided to leave the stable to pursue other opportunities. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.
No worries, just wanted to point it out so that you'd have plenty of time to make new plans. I'm glad to see Eagan got added, though I'm hoping you'll find another opportunity to come up to Duluth. :wink:

It'll be strange not having Pete on the play-by-play, but I look forward to hearing the new guy.

#1cadetbooster

Post by #1cadetbooster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

MyFOXHockey wrote:Added Eagan @ Tonka Jan 3.
Since your in a adding mode, it would be a shame for you to not cover the 1/26 Hill Murray vs St. Thomas game. This is the two best east side privates once again going head to head in round two of a conference home and home which will most likley decide the conference title. It was a packed house last year and a great game vs. the two number #1's from each class.

And 4-5 Edina gms this year??? A little scheduling diversity would be good for MyFoxHockey, as there is some great hockey out there that should be covered other than the multiple games of teams from the West Metro Area. It is better than last year though....

The X

Post by The X » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:45 pm

#1cadetbooster wrote:
MyFOXHockey wrote:Added Eagan @ Tonka Jan 3.
Since your in a adding mode, it would be a shame for you to not cover the 1/26 Hill Murray vs St. Thomas game. This is the two best east side privates once again going head to head in round two of a conference home and home which will most likley decide the conference title. It was a packed house last year and a great game vs. the two number #1's from each class.

And 4-5 Edina gms this year??? A little scheduling diversity would be good for MyFoxHockey, as there is some great hockey out there that should be covered other than the multiple games of teams from the West Metro Area. It is better than last year though....
:roll:

MyFOXHockey

Post by MyFOXHockey » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm

A couple of things on the 1/26 Hill v. STA game (1) STA has an agreement with MSBN on the webcasting side. Totally appreciate and respect that relationship and tend to let them do their thing. (2) We are working a little more closely with FSN for hockey and trying to avoid stepping on each other which means fewer LIVE Thursday games for us. My opinion is it is better for the overall game not battling for space and eyeballs. Schedule will be tweaked as we go and games will be added. *Flex type games if you will

As to getting outside of the "west metro" comment, it is 100% accurate and noted. The problem is there are four or five teams on that side of town that pop from a viewership perspective. Edina, Tonka, EP etc give us that pop. I felt really good about the mix of our schedule this season (probably better than I ever have). From top 10 perspective, I think we've got AA covered fairly well but as stated above, we'll add as we go with feedback from fans (i.e. you) as to what/where we go.

I think this has the potential to be the best (from an overall "teams that have a shot") perspective.

See you at the rink!

Doug Erlien
MyFOXHockey.com

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Looks like Eagan is flying under the radar...Again.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Doug, thanks for chiming in. I'll be watching several games for sure!! Thanks for doing these.
Be kind. Rewind.

BogeyMan

Post by BogeyMan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Looks like Eagan is flying under the radar...Again.
HHF, easy there big fella, see earlier post. You will get a chance to watch your beloved Wildcats on Jan 3 vs Tonka. You can watch from the comfort of your Barca lounger and be sipping on your favorite flavored wine cooler!!!! :lol:

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:56 pm

No way bogeyman, I will be in the stands for that one !!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 pm

dueling21 wrote:Pete Waggoner (formerly of MyFoxHockey) has something different in the works from what I hear. There should be an announcement coming in about a week...and it should be pretty cool.

I'll let you know when I hear more.
I found this schedule on MNHockeyNews tonight...I assume this is what you're talking about?

11/26/2011 Bemidji Grand Rapids 7pm
12/3/2011 Eagan Eden Prairie 3pm
12/9/2011 Hermantown Hopkins 7pm
12/10/2011 Minnetonka Duluth East 3pm
12/16/2011 Eden Prairie Grand Rapids 6pm
12/16/2011 Elk River Edina 8:30pm
12/19/2011 Lakeville South White Bear Lk 7:30pm
12/20/2011 Eden Prairie Burnsville 7pm
12/21/2011 Breck Holy Angels 7:30pm
12/26/2011 Schwan Cup Gold Division 4 gm
12/27/2011 Schwan Cup Gold Division 2 gm
12/28/2011 Schwan Cup Championships 4 gm
1/3/2012 Eagan Minnetonka 7pm
1/7/2012 Apple Valley Burnsville 5pm*
1/14/2012 Duluth East Eden Prairie 3pm*
1/17/2012 Apple Valley Duluth East 6pm
1/28/2012 Wayzata Edina 7pm*
2/4/2012 Maple Grove Centennial 3pm*
2/6/2012 CEC Duluth East 7:30pm
2/7/2012 White Bear Lk Stillwater 7:30pm
2/11/2012 Minnetonka Wayzata 2:30pm*
2/18/2012 Edina Eden Prairie 3pm

*KFAN/Minnesota Wild Game of the Week.

Looks like a great schedule, though I'm curious about the relationship with MyFoxHockey--there is definitely some overlap between the two schedules, though there are also plenty of nights where they're in different places. (And it also has the nonexistent East-Tonka game.)

More information here: http://www.mnhockeynews.com/page/show/61226-home

hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 pm

You can take the date we have with Tonka...this year was one that went from looking very good to struggling with the loss of some very key players. They might want to re-think that one. Please [-o<
Midwest Hockey Pick 'em Champion 2010-2011

Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 am

Why so many games at Braemar Edina? Good filming location?

East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:57 am

Under the radar? I'm sure it's a fine program where the fellas all give 110% and I wish them the best, but how many tournament appearances does Eagan have, and have the made a deep run into the state tournament?

With all due respect, I think if they gain some altitude they won't be under the radar.

oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 pm

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Under the radar? I'm sure it's a fine program where the fellas all give 110% and I wish them the best, but how many tournament appearances does Eagan have, and have the made a deep run into the state tournament?

With all due respect, I think if they gain some altitude they won't be under the radar.
I'm sure we'll find out December 3rd against Eden Prairie. This will be a good game to see where both teams are at. As of now, I'd predict an Eagan victory.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:Why so many games at Braemar Edina? Good filming location?
There are 9, 6 are holiday tourney and 3 are regular season games.

Edina will be good and Maple Grove and WBL are note worthy opponents. Hopefully the Tonka game isn't in question.

Who wouldn't want to watch EP, GR, Edina and ER play? None of those 6 games won't have a good team in it. ER has been down recently and if they are up it would be 6 great games.