Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CornontheCobb

Post by CornontheCobb » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

rollCARDSroll wrote:Would not be a Marshall v Luverne tilt without some chirping, Luverne is without their top scoring forward, Marshall is without a quality player....lLETS PLAY will be a good one tonight! BUCKLE UP !!!

ROLL CARDS ROLL!!!!!
Marshall up 2-0 at then end of the second. thought Luvurne put on a lot of pressure towards the end of the second. will be a tight/exciting 3rd period.

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

final was 4-1 marshall.

what happened to luverne?

CornontheCobb

Post by CornontheCobb » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

bardown27 wrote:final was 4-1 marshall.

what happened to luverne?
As good as winniger is i don't think he is a 3 goal difference in the game. I think marshall's offense is more potent than people may have thought. Campion played a good game in net from what i heard. 26 saves to meyers 15 or so.

StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Great game down south tonight. Got the urge to drive and see this one. That arena in Luverne is a hard atmosphere to play in. Never heard a high school arena get so loud when Paukett(spelling) was playing. Good win for the Tigers tonight. Hutch will be be stronger these next few games. Worthington loses 8 to 2 to RV. No suprise there.

High school hockey is in full swing, best time of the year.

YEE-YEE

hutchtostate

Post by hutchtostate » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm

putting the first section predictions out there...predictions may be inaccurate. There are so many changes this year and the section is more unique than ever. thinking the section looks weaker this year than in has in the past five years.
1. New Ulm - although they do not have the fire power and defense of the past. they put up a good show. Nice player in neuman.
2. Hutch - they will improve and need to get a solid showing from the goalie. Lots of athletes on this team Nielsen is awesome player and Cowger adds to the line up
3. Luverne - I know Marshall beat them, but they do come on strong as the season goes...some good quality players...especially the Toby S. kid
4. Marshall. will have a good year as there are plenty of seniors to carry the team and continue in Pearson's tradition. will not be good after this year. did pick up a good assistant coach from Moorhead however
5. Litchfield...toss up here; hopefully can settle in and get things going. they have some real quality players, but seem to have trouble putting it all together
6. Windom and the one man show in Janssen.
7. Redwood....know nothing about them at all
8. Worthington - nice job goalie...he's had plenty of practice
9. Fairmont - still struggling, but hopefully the program will grow

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Will the winner of this section even win a game at the X?

StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am

Not a chance, will be a few years when the southwestern teams have a slight chance to win a game at state. Hutch was the closest a few years back. Southwest section talent is way below what it has been the past five years. Whoever makes it out on top will be lucky to keep it within ten against the Cadets in the first round.

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

StanleyYelnats wrote:Not a chance, will be a few years when the southwestern teams have a slight chance to win a game at state. Hutch was the closest a few years back. Southwest section talent is way below what it has been the past five years. Whoever makes it out on top will be lucky to keep it within ten against the Cadets in the first round.
Hutch won a game at the X in 2009. Beat Mahtomedi 4-3 in the consolation semis in overtime

CornontheCobb

Post by CornontheCobb » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Any predictions on the Marshall vs New Ulm game??? i think this game comes down to Marshalls D. They will be the deciding factor between a 3 goal loss or a 1 goal toss up.

im predicting New Ulm's attack will be too much for Marshall. New Ulm 5 Marshall 2

StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm

bardown27 wrote:
StanleyYelnats wrote:Not a chance, will be a few years when the southwestern teams have a slight chance to win a game at state. Hutch was the closest a few years back. Southwest section talent is way below what it has been the past five years. Whoever makes it out on top will be lucky to keep it within ten against the Cadets in the first round.
Hutch won a game at the X in 2009. Beat Mahtomedi 4-3 in the consolation semis in overtime
At the X or Marriucci?

StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:17 pm

CornontheCobb wrote:Any predictions on the Marshall vs New Ulm game??? i think this game comes down to Marshalls D. They will be the deciding factor between a 3 goal loss or a 1 goal toss up.

im predicting New Ulm's attack will be too much for Marshall. New Ulm 5 Marshall 2
Agree, Even though New Ulm has lost so much talent over the last few years. They still put together a competitive team. Marshall doesn't have enough power up front or in back to win a game when they take stupid penalties like last night. Marshall shot themselves in the foot last night. Didn't capitalize with the opportunity. Good win for the Eagles.

timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

marshall played very well against luverne. they kept the puck out of their defensive zone and did a real nice job of supporting the puck up to and in to the net. they were deliberate in their actions
against new ulm its sounds like they were tired and cranky. undisciplined. i read the marshall paper covering the game and the coach said they they've had a busy couple of weeks and were tired. Already?

Grocery_Stick

Post by Grocery_Stick » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

timcorbin21 wrote:marshall played very well against luverne. they kept the puck out of their defensive zone and did a real nice job of supporting the puck up to and in to the net. they were deliberate in their actions
against new ulm its sounds like they were tired and cranky. undisciplined. i read the marshall paper covering the game and the coach said they they've had a busy couple of weeks and were tired. Already?
Nothing to take away from the guys playing, but it Marshall's coaches always have some sort of excuse for not winning, from being tired to underestimating opponents, there is always something that is considered to be a reason they lost other than being out played.

StanleyYelnats

Post by StanleyYelnats » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 am

Any games around the section yesterday?

Looks like winter is actually here. :P

hutchtostate

Post by hutchtostate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 pm

aahhh...what's going on in the section? New Ulm ties St. Peter? granted they have a good goalie, but what happened to New Ulm? Losing their touch? sounded like Marshall let them have the game the other night with their poor discipline and they were tired already :lol:
Luverne beats Litchfield? Luverne goalie has only 9 saves? What has happened to the Litch program??? yikes....section is getting weak.
Hutch goalie needs to pick it up. the athletes on this team can skate to state the way it is looking in 3a :D

Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 pm

hutchtostate wrote:aahhh...what's going on in the section? New Ulm ties St. Peter? granted they have a good goalie, but what happened to New Ulm? Losing their touch? sounded like Marshall let them have the game the other night with their poor discipline and they were tired already :lol:
Luverne beats Litchfield? Luverne goalie has only 9 saves? What has happened to the Litch program??? yikes....section is getting weak.
Hutch goalie needs to pick it up. the athletes on this team can skate to state the way it is looking in 3a :D
Have seen a few teams in this section play now. I just think the whole section is a bit down. Still think in the end Luverne is the team to beat and should win the section. Hutch is down a little, New Ulm is not quite as strong as last years team (although I went to the game vs. LS/SP and the Bulldogs are a little stronger than what I had heard they might be), Marshall is a little off, and Litch is down still. So, you have a section where there might be 4 teams in play....and I think Windom will suprise for a couple eye-opening wins against the contenders.

Should be a fun year this year to watch and see which team develops the most...and who might be able to give Luverne a run.

Teak

Post by Teak » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I made it to the Marshall - Willmar game today in Marshall. The best player on the ice was Hunter Schneider, the Willmar senior center, who is quick as lightnin' on skates! He scored two goals (including OT winner) and assisted on the third. Marshall could not contain him. 3-2 it ended, in OT.

Marshall does not appear to have any standout players, which h.s. teams usually need if they want to go far in section play. There was an 8th grader playing for them last season but I read that he had transferred somewhere else. JV's lost 8-3 to Willmar JV so maybe not much help coming up.

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

Where is all the trash talk that use to entertain me through the work week on this thread? :D

Should be a good game tomorrow night with Luverne hosting undefeated Windom. Any predictions?

fastncrash

Post by fastncrash » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:Where is all the trash talk that use to entertain me through the work week on this thread? :D

Should be a good game tomorrow night with Luverne hosting undefeated Windom. Any predictions?
Luverne 8, Windom 1.

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 pm

fastncrash, that's a bold prediction! Pretty sure it will be a much closer game than that. 4-2 Luverne.

Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:36 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:Where is all the trash talk that use to entertain me through the work week on this thread? :D

I was just wondering the same thing, Where is Section 3 A scout with his sunday rankings, or guranteeing things that won't come true, where is bender to come on here and tell us how good Marshall or his bro is?

Kind of a yawner of a topic!

fastncrash

Post by fastncrash » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:52 pm

CherryPicker99 wrote:fastncrash, that's a bold prediction! Pretty sure it will be a much closer game than that. 4-2 Luverne.
I don't think that's too BOLD of a prediction... Windom should score 1. :D

SEpuck

Post by SEpuck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Whos this player from windom with all the points... havent heard of him... Real deal or just a benefactor of a soft schedule?

CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 pm

I think Janssen is a good player but like a lot of good players from the SW Conference points are easy to come by. Two games with Worthington, two with Fairmont and two with Redwood allows good players to pad their stats. Tomorrow will be the toughest test for him so far this season.

fastncrash

Post by fastncrash » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm

6-0 Final. Hotter "Tendys" on both ends, than I anticipated. :D