Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

webdesignclass2011

Post by webdesignclass2011 »

who was favored to win?
PVTeaglesAA

True Colors

Post by PVTeaglesAA »

The Tigers had a bad night but that is probably what they are. New Ulm out worked the Tigers and will get them next time.
Bettman's Bender

Post by Bettman's Bender »

new2coachin wrote:Bettman.....what happened? I am not making fun of the situation, I was almost going to join the Tiger bandwagon, but after reading about this loss, I'm back to thinking I have it right with where I have Marshall. Hockey Hub has Marshall out shooting Mankato.
I know as much as you......UGLY.

looking at the stat sheet.... I'd say.

You cant expect to play like a bunch of buffoons taking 10 penalties a game and expect to win. Penalties and Penalty kill buried them. Save percentage not great either. Im guessing the game was a bit closer than the score indicates, but thats no excuse, they obviously played poorly all around and got thumped by a decent team that capitalized on dumb mistakes.

good thing it was a non-section game. They'll rebound. If you honestly think this kind of game is indicative of the rest of the season then you're wrong. This team still knocked of Hutch, New Ulm, and the section favorite Luverne :roll:
new2coachin

Post by new2coachin »

Bettman's Bender wrote:
new2coachin wrote:Bettman.....what happened? I am not making fun of the situation, I was almost going to join the Tiger bandwagon, but after reading about this loss, I'm back to thinking I have it right with where I have Marshall. Hockey Hub has Marshall out shooting Mankato.

You cant expect to play like a bunch of buffoons taking 10 penalties a game and expect to win. Penalties and Penalty kill buried them. Save percentage not great either. Im guessing the game was a bit closer than the score indicates, but thats no excuse, they obviously played poorly all around and got thumped by a decent team that capitalized on dumb mistakes.

good thing it was a non-section game. They'll rebound. If you honestly think this kind of game is indicative of the rest of the season then you're wrong. This team still knocked of Hutch, New Ulm, and the section favorite Luverne :roll:
I think Hutch, New Ulm & Luverne are probably making the same statement regarding their loss to Marshall :wink:
Dog_Log17

Post by Dog_Log17 »

The game was NOT any closer, sorry to tell you this. It was a blowout, Marshall looked dreadful. There is NO WAY they go to state this year. They just got whooped by a bunch of Mankato West 10th graders.

FACT

Bettman's Bender wrote:

timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

i was wrong on my call on the Hutch/New Ulm game. But not surprised by New Ulms win. Looks like things are coming together for both teams.

Based on their record and what i'd been reading here I thought Marshall would take West . West isnt top of secion 1. looks like marshall was trying to score but forgot that they dont have Dryden in the net
Bettman's Bender

new2coachin wrote:
Bettman's Bender wrote:

I think Hutch, New Ulm & Luverne are probably making the same statement regarding their loss to Marshall :wink:
oh yeah youre probably right, every team marshall beats is just a coincidence. huh......... Where are you from? Does your team even play Hutch New Ulm? any team outside of the cellar of the state? start chirpin when you beat somebody. Or play marshall to within 6 goals.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Section 3A HockeyScout

Post by Section 3A HockeyScout »

Pretty sure New2Coachin is from windom....

They only lost to Marshall 2 to 5... So they did keep it within 6 goals I believe they even outshot Marshall.

What I find funny is Marshall loses to West and there is no action on this board. Two years ago it was all the redwood kids on here last year it was all Luverne kids this year it seems to be all Marshall kids.

Anyway Worthington beats Fairmont 7 to 4 last night good for the trojans.
L-D-C beats St. Peter 5 to 3
timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

i'm sure it'll start to even out but its 3 to 0 Wilmar over Marshall half way thru the first. its been all willmar
Section 3A HockeyScout

Section 3A Rankings

Greetings Section 3A followers,

Well another week has passed and we see even more parity in this section. Some Big Section 3A Matchups this week.

Section 3A Rankings (12-18-11)
1. Marshall (6-2-0)
2. New Ulm Area (4-4-0)
3. L-D-C (5-1-0)
4. Hutchinson (2-3-0)
5. Luverne (4-1-0)
6. Windom (2-2-1)
7. Redwood Valley (1-7-0)
8. Worthington (2-4-1)
9. Fairmont (0-5-0)

Section 3A Notes:
- Marshall boys might want to get off this message board and start sharpening up their skills. Got waxed twice this past week by combined score of 15-0 Ouch! Bright side they are still (6-0) vs Section 3A equals #1 team in my mind..... For now

- New Ulm Area pick up a huge win over Hutch on the road. This team will go as far Brody Peterson can carry them and they will need the continued development of Brach Kraus in the nets.

- LDC just keeps putting up W's also has an impressive win over Willmar too. HUGE MATCHUP TUESDAY @ Marshall. A win there could shakeup everything a loss would almost lock up a Top 2 seed for Marshall.

- Hutch really struggling to find goal scoring. So far it has been a disappointing year for Hutch.

- Luverne continues its push as best of the rest in this Section.

- Windom Big week for the Eagles they look to move up as they have two winnable games vs Section 3A opponents Luverne & Fairmont. This a big week for them.

- Redwood's OT win over Worthington is the only thing that keeps them at #7 for now.

- Worthington is on Fire! Two wins watch out for the Trojans look to be a Dangerous team for team #5-#9 in Section 3A.

- Fairmont continues to search for its first win.......

Pretty quiet on here ..... Might have something to do with Marshall struggling.... No matter how you slice up HUGE SEEDING Implications in Marshall on Tuesday!
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: Section 3A Rankings

Post by east hockey »

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Greetings Section 3A followers,

Well another week has passed and we see even more parity in this section. Some Big Section 3A Matchups this week.

Section 3A Rankings (12-18-11)
1. Marshall (6-2-0)
2. New Ulm Area (4-4-0)
3. L-D-C (5-1-0)
4. Hutchinson (2-3-0)
5. Luverne (4-1-0)
6. Windom (2-2-1)
7. Redwood Valley (1-7-0)
8. Worthington (2-4-1)
9. Fairmont (0-5-0)

Section 3A Notes:
- Marshall boys might want to get off this message board and start sharpening up their skills. Got waxed twice this past week by combined score of 15-0 Ouch! Bright side they are still (6-0) vs Section 3A equals #1 team in my mind..... For now

- New Ulm Area pick up a huge win over Hutch on the road. This team will go as far Brody Peterson can carry them and they will need the continued development of Brach Kraus in the nets.

- LDC just keeps putting up W's also has an impressive win over Willmar too. HUGE MATCHUP TUESDAY @ Marshall. A win there could shakeup everything a loss would almost lock up a Top 2 seed for Marshall.

- Hutch really struggling to find goal scoring. So far it has been a disappointing year for Hutch.

- Luverne continues its push as best of the rest in this Section.

- Windom Big week for the Eagles they look to move up as they have two winnable games vs Section 3A opponents Luverne & Fairmont. This a big week for them.

- Redwood's OT win over Worthington is the only thing that keeps them at #7 for now.

- Worthington is on Fire! Two wins watch out for the Trojans look to be a Dangerous team for team #5-#9 in Section 3A.

- Fairmont continues to search for its first win.......

Pretty quiet on here ..... Might have something to do with Marshall struggling.... No matter how you slice up HUGE SEEDING Implications in Marshall on Tuesday!
It does tend to quiet those sock puppets down, doesn't it? :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

sure looks like litch is playing the best right now. new ulm, hutch luverne moving moving in the right direction. marshalls taken a step or two back. the willmar loss would have been worse if the cards didn't pick up some silly penalties. marshalls d was confused, offensively the shots they took were bad shots, couldn't win a face-off. if new ulm has found a goalie call marshall they lost one
Section 3A HockeyScout

Only one Section 3A Game last night: Luverne 10 Windom 2

Huge match up tonight LDC vs Marshall who does everyone think wins?
Last edited by Section 3A HockeyScout on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
new2coachin

Post by new2coachin »

Section 3A HockeyScout wrote:Only one Section 3A Game last night: Luverne 10 Windom 2

Huge match up tonight LDC vs Hutch who does everyone think wins?
I will predict the way both teams have been playing the past couple of games that LDC will win over Marshall. Although, its always tough to beat the Tigers on their home ice. Should be a good game to watch.
PVTeaglesAA

Post by PVTeaglesAA »

Litchfield/DC will win with solid D and plays a tougher regular season so will be ready for tonight's game. I'm guessing 5-1, the Tigers are slipping in the net.
keepmeoutofit

Post by keepmeoutofit »

if marshall can score early and play d they may keep it close. if not litch by 4 or 5
Bettman's Bender

Marshall 3

Litchfield 1

shots 27-23 in favor of Marshall..

Marshall controlled the game for the most part. Litch never generated much offense. Good hockey game.
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

New Ulm 2
St Peter/Les 1
from hockey hub

Would like to hear some info from this game??
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

Chalk_Talk wrote:New Ulm 2
St Peter/Les 1
from hockey hub

Would like to hear some info from this game??
Friend of mine was at the game. He said NU came out flying and controlled the first period pretty well. From that point on St. Peter pretty much had the advantage in play and probably should have won the game. SP had the powerplay much of the later part of the game but their powerplay was ineffective. The game winner for NU was on a SP 5-3. SP defenseman made an idiot play and turned it over to Brody Peterson who scored on a breakaway. Friend said pretty good hockey game. NU isn't quite what they have been last couple years and SP looks much improved, and if their defensemen would play with any kind of discipline they could beat teams like NU and Litch.
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Merry xmas fellow hockey junkies. Im sure some of us on here are getting some coal in our stockings this year :lol:

Anyways about Marshall, do they save up all their best play for section teams? Nice win over Litch to hopefully get these guys back on their feet after a couple rough losses. Id like to have some more info on what happend in those games.

About the NU/Le-suer.STP game. Score was tight but personally I dont think it was. New Ulm controlled most of the game until the 3rd. It seemed like the refs called everything they seen in the last 10 minutes. It was terrible, both teams had someone in box those last 10 minutes, sometimes more then one. Thats usually when you let the game go, especially when its a close game. I also dont think STP's defense are bad. They're more of a risk and reward. They are aggresive because the have a very good goalie behind them that allows them to be that way. I think your "friend" needs give you some better info the next time he goes to a game.

Also I seen on the hub that NU played a very good mound- west tonka team and lost 6-2. It said they were up 2-0 after 2 and then let up 6 unanswered? Any info on what happen.

Where are teams going for holiday tournaments?
SquareWheels

Post by SquareWheels »

Cujo is every game you and your teammates lost (new
ulm) a fluke? you guys arnt the new ulm of the past, it's unfortunately just that simple! keep lacing the boots up buddy, new years resolution should be to work on your wheelin :wink:
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

Cujo wrote:Merry xmas fellow hockey junkies. Im sure some of us on here are getting some coal in our stockings this year :lol:

Anyways about Marshall, do they save up all their best play for section teams? Nice win over Litch to hopefully get these guys back on their feet after a couple rough losses. Id like to have some more info on what happend in those games.

About the NU/Le-suer.STP game. Score was tight but personally I dont think it was. New Ulm controlled most of the game until the 3rd. It seemed like the refs called everything they seen in the last 10 minutes. It was terrible, both teams had someone in box those last 10 minutes, sometimes more then one. Thats usually when you let the game go, especially when its a close game. I also dont think STP's defense are bad. They're more of a risk and reward. They are aggresive because the have a very good goalie behind them that allows them to be that way. I think your "friend" needs give you some better info the next time he goes to a game.

Also I seen on the hub that NU played a very good mound- west tonka team and lost 6-2. It said they were up 2-0 after 2 and then let up 6 unanswered? Any info on what happen.

Where are teams going for holiday tournaments?
My friend happens to have coached at St. Thomas in the mid-80's and I suspect he knows what he is talking about. I would trust him as someone who not only knows the game but who isn't looking at the game through a biased lense. I have seen NU play but not SP, and I defenitely see NU not being nearly as good as the last few years.
computerguy

3a

Post by computerguy »

So why is it so hard to say new ulm isn't as good as they have been the past two years? Even at that they still could win the section and that's bad! I think 1-5 seeds could win the section. Then look out because it will be really bad at state!
Bettman's Bender

Re: 3a

computerguy wrote:So why is it so hard to say new ulm isn't as good as they have been the past two years? Even at that they still could win the section and that's bad! I think 1-5 seeds could win the section. Then look out because it will be really bad at state!
I think there is no doubt that the section as a whole is just plain weaker than it has been in past years. Whoever makes it to state will likely be a far cry from the Hutch team that actually won a game there if I remember correctly.

6-2 is a respectable score against a stronger than normal team out of Mound. I think they are somewhere in the top 15 or 20 according to followthepuck.com

Marshall got a nice win over Litchfield. Solid all the way around. Litch had a hard time finding any offense. They dont seem to be the team they used to be either. Number 7 is good, other than that very average and their JV was very weak as well. Marshall showed up to play right out of the gate and set the tempo for the game and kept litch sitting back on their heels for basically the entire game. I guess it just depends on which marshall team shows up on any given night. either a bunch of wood-bending gomers or a team that grinds and hustles for 51.
Gretzky9

Post by Gretzky9 »

St. Peter over Litch 4-1.

Decided to run over to Litch for the game last night to get a look at these teams for myself. Litch had a slight advantage in the first period. SP controlled the rest of the game. Litch does seem a little down from the last couple years..they lack the 2 or 3 top-end guys of years past. 7 and 9 are probably their best guys this year. Their goalie was not good but SP had some nice quality chances and buried some of them including a nice one-timing by #9.
In talking to a couple of locals it sounds like SP moved their defensive liability up to forward. The move looked good last night as Litch was limited in chances and odd-man rushes. SP goalie looked solid but wasn't really tested.
Seeing both teams for the first time SP has more talent. Their good players are one of the coaches sons, #9, little defenseman #18, and the convert #20. Their defensemen are a little on the small side but managed their play pretty well.
Can't really go by one game but I was pleasantly surprised by SP really. Litch will have a tough time getting out of 3A but I think they have more depth than NU...but NU has more top-end kids. Marshall is much like Litch and I like them a little more. Need to see Hutch.